Search results for query: *

1. A

Selling golf clubs?

Is there a good, reliable outlet to sell used, hi level clubs? Many thanks for any ideas, auctions.
  2. A

Golfball longevity

How long does a new pro level ball last? Has anyone ever objectively studied this, without a prejudice toward a particular brand? For example, how many months/years sitting on the shelf before a noticeable loss in distance, green action? Responses appreciated.
  3. A

This game is great!

I took a 20 yr. hiatus to raise 3 daughters myself, and have been playing/practicing for 18 months. I once was a 3 handicap and could fade, draw, overspin, backspin easily. When I returned I made good contact and scored reasonably, (80-83), but developed this nagging wimp push, slight cut/fade...
  4. A

Dubai Golf

Do you object to golf pros playing a tourney in Dubai? I understand many of them receive $ 1 million just to show up. If I had that talent, I would skip promoting a tournament in a country where they execute women for leaving abusive marriages, or throwing gay people off of tall buildings...
  5. A

Golf Fittings

I want to get a valid Fitting. I'm visiting Scottsdale, Arizona next month, and they have a few places that offer one. I visited my local R.D. but I can't see the validity in hitting 10 feet into a net. Also, I got strange vibes about what they could accomplish, and their motives. Hot Stix...
  6. A

Greatest shot you've seen?

1987 at Skins Game, La Quinta, Ca. PGA West Stadium Course Chi Chi Rodriguez on the driving range w/ a 7 iron. Says he'll hit 2 shots one after another, a draw and a fade, and the balls will strike each other in midair about 150 yds. out. So he does it on the 1st try! All the heavy hitters...
  7. A

Question: What loft do you prefer for simple chip shots, <100 feet?

I have new clubs and have been experimenting with different wedges for basic chip - run shots. I used to be killer with my Wilson Staff wedge from 1965. Not sure whether to use an A-wedge (50 degrees) or P wedge - w/ varying degrees. It seems like the 50 degree wedge is familiar, but I can't...
  8. A

Question about ball shredding?

What is the cause of finding strips of the ball cover in the grooves of my irons? Is it the club, the ball, or my swing? And much more predominant on Japanese irons???
Back