Search results for query: *

1. jlaakso

Jim Flick: Hands vs. Body in the Golf Swing

I have my opinion on modern swing methodology... Every other batting/clubbing sport focuses on delivering the club/bat to the ball. And somehow golf should be about hip turn or body rotation. Hit the darn ball! Disclaimer: this is not directed at you, but the fallacy of "modern swing theory"...
  2. jlaakso

Interlock Vs. Vardon

I started with baseball grip, moved to interlock and eventually Vardon. The latter to give my wrists lot more freedom. Interlock makes me grip too hard, so Vardon it is. I have also experimented with reverse overlap; lead hand forefinger overlaps trail hand pinkie. I play "Malaska style" swing...
  3. jlaakso

You know your addicted to golf when...

You're reading this thread, feel like you're in likeminded company and shrug it off. Propably grab 7i and start your daily 200 practice swing routine on living room carpet.
  4. jlaakso

Started on Keto

I recommend South Beach diet. Initiating phase is quite hard with cutting almost everything off, but after two weeks you start bringing stuff back to your diet and eventually after few more weeks you have very balanced and easy to follow diet, without having to count carbs or anything else. I...
  5. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

Played 18 today. Front nine 48, not bad. Back nine, unbelievably dissapointing 68. My game fell apart totally. Only good thing about this round was the new 3W, which was smoking. Other than that, duffs, tops, shanks, missed 3 foot putts. I just lost my mojo. I will take few days off, gather...
  6. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

I KNOW!!! :LOL: still, I'm sucker for the gear and like to tinker with it. And I have found the combinations that I like and that seem to work for my swing. Now it's time to stop rotating gear and start stabilizing my game :) I KNOW!!! :LOL: still, I have tasted the low nineties and broke 90...
  7. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

I've been playing around 100 for the last month. Yesterday I played 97, not quite happy as I made too many stupid mistakes costing me shot here and there. But nothing over triple bogeys, previous rounds I have been playing par-bogey-double and few severe blowout holes with ~10 shots. So, I was...
  8. jlaakso

if you would've told me 6 months ago that...

What way? If you drive 250 with your 3W, then it sucks for your driver and it's time to say goodbye. You don't need it. I know several people that don't play driver for this very reason.
  9. jlaakso

Trying to Break 100

Last year I broke 100 once. This year I've been hovering around 100 and broke 90 once. If that trend goes on, next year I will hover around 90 and break 80 once, right? :D I've played mostly bogey golf this year, adding few blow out holes which increase the average near 100. This is mostly due...
  10. jlaakso

What’s the oldest club(s) in your bag?

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 2011
  11. jlaakso

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Cobra F9 3-4 fwy head to be paired with HZRDUS Smoke Yellow shaft.
  12. jlaakso

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Still need want 3W head, utility iron and as a new ponder, Cally wedges.. Especially the beaten down 52* ATV needs replacing.
  13. jlaakso

A conundrum.

And you can do it! :)
  14. jlaakso

A conundrum.

@Hamfist remember the Way Of The Playa. Think box is 3 feet behind the ball. When You step out of think box and setup only thing you do is execute.
  15. jlaakso

F9 adapter question

I have F8 adapters (the older) and newer ones in my shafts. 10.5 is the STD of 9-12 range. 9-12 was made for 10.5 degree head, it did fit the F8+ head as well which is 8-11, but still the STD for the shaft was 10.5 in the adapter and the real loft was 9.5. So this new notation just clarifies...
  16. jlaakso

My epiphany today... Clubbing UP

I started to play what feels like 3/4 or 80% swing and got 10yd more distance in return. Not clubbing up, just shortening backswing and trying to swing as effortless as possible. Turns out clubhead speed increased (no tension) and I get more flush shots. And on video, my "full swing" is actually...
  17. jlaakso

Strong 3W...do you carry one?

Not yet, but considering having Speedback or Speedzone 3W between D and 5W or even replace driver from time to time. I'm hitting my driver 220yd average, 5w (@17) 200yd. 5W is more consistent so wondering if I could make 14-15* 3W my tee club and never bother with driver swing anymore.
  18. jlaakso

Canadan V. OldandStiff would be a helluva match.

Instead, your avatar looks like a birdie ☝
  19. jlaakso

Taylormade Sim Max vs Callaway Mavrik Max: Forgiveness

No equipment can cure slice, regardless of forgiveness. Some might turn fade into straight shot or mild draw. But if you have slice, it's induced by swing flaw that needs to be corrected.
  20. jlaakso

Anyone suggest a non-greasy sunscreen? I apply mine and my hands & grips get slippery. Thank you.

Biore Aqua Watery Essence 50SPF. Spreads easily, wet wipe is enough to clean palms. I usually apply before round and wash hands properly, but no issue to reapply if required.
Back