Search results for query: *

1. ~QQ~

Bunker issues on home course

Half of the bunkers on my home course have very little sand while the other half has plenty of sand. So I have 2 problems. The first is that it hard to tell what the sand level is until after I've hit my shot. The bunkers with very little sand will result in my club skipping off the bottom of...
  2. ~QQ~

What do you do for TV?

I think I'm done paying over $200/mo for cable and streaming. There's got to be better options right? I've heard of Apollo but they get bad reviews. Any better systems for local channels and streaming? We also like hgtv, food, and a lot of the other extra channels.
  3. ~QQ~

Carfax mistake??

I bought a used car in Oct 2019 for about $40k from a dealer. Clean Carfax. Have been driving it ever since. Yesterday I went to trade it in for another newer model at a different dealership. They came out and said they couldn't give me much because there was an accident reported. We were...
  4. ~QQ~

Reading greens

It's the bugaboo in my game. Especially left edge right edge breaks. I read them as straight, make a good stroke right at it and it breaks slightly for the miss. My buddies are such good readers of the green in this sense. They're always making them. What can I do to see those slight breaks that...
  5. ~QQ~

Correlation between swing speed and lag creation

There has to be some correlation. The slower I swing the earlier my club seems to release (if I allow lag to be created on it's own). I compared my driver swing "face on" to adam scott. From the time he starts his backswing to the time he contacts the ball is almost a full second faster than...
  6. ~QQ~

Is the range a mini workout for you?

I'm at the range or playing golf 6 days a week. I'll hit about 70-80 balls on the range in about 45 minutes. I'm exhausted afterwards. This has to be some kind of workout right? Especially for my core muscles around my hips and stomach.
  7. ~QQ~

Snap, crack, releasing it

Mainly driver. Wondering if some of you pick a point where you want to snap the club at the bottom of the swing. Not sure if it should happen naturally but I've been experimenting with it. I am picking a point just before the ball to imagine me snapping it at and I believe it's snapping just...
  8. ~QQ~

Going to Greece - currency ?

I've never been overseas. Wondering if it's best to get Euros here or when I get there. My bank can deliver them at 1.14 exchange but when I see the exchange rate online it's 1.08. Should I just use an atm when I'm there?
  9. ~QQ~

Can't "disconnect" arms

My arms are just too active in my swing. I want to use my body to lead but I feel like I can't even grip the club or keep my arms somewhat straight when I try it. So loose that who knows where the ball is going when I hit it, but the strike is good. What are your tricks for leading with the...
  10. ~QQ~

Putter head loose

Any way to fix this? I don't see a set screw.
  11. ~QQ~

Swaying...need some mental/thought help

So I have always swayed away from the target in my backswing. All along the whole spine pretty much. I'm pretty sure this move causes me to slice, push and sometimes hook the ball. In my mind though, it feels like I'm in the right position. But I can't seem to get my mind to believe that staying...
  12. ~QQ~

Identity theft advice

Welp, it happened to me. Found out Monday morning and have been working my butt off since. These people have a fake passport, Fake DL's in different states, hacked my credit bureau accounts and mortgage account. Was able to change my phone, address, work history AND Birth date, if you can...
  13. ~QQ~

Swing plane

Question. If you have perfect swing plane (and no sway just turn) in your swing, should that produce a straight ball flight with no manipulation of your forearms, wrists, or hands? Tired of manipulating everything from the elbows down.
  14. ~QQ~

"Tennis elbow" remedies

Really struggling with this in my left elbow (outside ligament). I've tried the copper compression sleeve and the pressure point thing. No relief. Do I need to quit golfing?
  15. ~QQ~

What to do with "nest egg"?

Retired and drawing off nest egg. I'm nervous to have it all in the stock market (fiduciary/mutual funds), but I do right now. Already lost a lot of dough last year. Very worried about a coming recession. What are some of you doing to help make better investment decisions based on market...
  16. ~QQ~

Need a game idea

5 guys. Indexes are 3, 10, 11, 15 Played a game before where you alternate holes and the last guy picks a partner. But everyone would always pick the 3 because even on a bad tee shot he's still likely to par the hole. Doesn't work. So we need a game where we aren't stuck with the same partner...
  17. ~QQ~

Is this cheating?

Guy in my club who I golf with when the club puts us in the same group (not my choice) bothers me. When he gets his ball on the green he throws his mark down right under the ball and behind it...like most people do. When he places his ball back he'll put it up to 2" closer to the hole from his...
  18. ~QQ~

Are you considered fun to golf with?

I'm getting the sense that I am not one of those people. But I'd like to be! How can I change this? What makes someone fun to golf with?
  19. ~QQ~

Bowed, flexed, flat?

Here's the thing, I'm trying to get that flat left wrist. Problem is that there is no set position for flat. For a flexed/bowed wrist it's easy to max it out and you know where it is. When it's flat, I'm not so sure it really is. Might be slightly flexed or slightly bowed. For me, usually...
  20. ~QQ~

Need better range routine urgently!

I feel like my swing is where I want it. I hit great shots on the range through the bag. No problems. I get out on the course and it all goes away. I swing like a complete buffoon. It's embarrassing. Is there some kind of range technique anyone has that can help me simulate in my mind being on...
Back