Search results for query: *

1. WILDTHING

Lead arm dominant swing - Trail arm/hand involvement detrimental?

I played my first game today since Sept 21 and surprisingly drove the ball very well, although my pitching was a bit iffy while chipping and putting mediocre. I noticed in my first few swings that any active motion of my trail right arm/hand felt detrimental to a solid strike so I spent the...
  2. WILDTHING

Improving Distance Without Increasing Swing Speed

Thought this was a good video that explains something called Spin Loft. Amazing how he reduced his clubhead speed but increased his distance by about 7 yards.
  3. WILDTHING

The Apparent Myth That Body Rotation Squares the Clubface -Athletic Motion Golf

I think this video is quite good and questions any theories that body rotation is mainly responsible for squaring the clubface from club horizontal (P6) to impact (P7). They say that body rotation is least responsible for any clubface squaring and it also seems to suggest that bowing of the...
  4. WILDTHING

Dr Kwon (World Renowned Golf Biomechanics Expert) vs Shawn Clement

Take a look at these new videos that Brendon DeVore (Be Better Golf) published when he visited and talked to Dr Kwon . Now compare what Dr Kwon was proposing in those videos to these 2 videos by Shawn Clement in 2008/9. Has it really taken 14 years for the top golf scientists to...
  5. WILDTHING

Spine Engine Theory- Is it viable?

Thought I'd raise this as a separate topic in case anyone is interested and copied most of this from Dr Mann's website to try and describe the 'Spine Engine' theory. I've removed his own critical analysis so that forum members can judge for themselves if this is a viable way to power the golf...
  6. WILDTHING

What is happening to the right arm in the golf downswing? Forum readers acquainted with TGM terminology might be better placed to understand this

As you may know , I am an avid reader of Dr Jeff Mann's detailed theories on the biomechanics of the golf swing. I think he has discovered what the right arm is actually doing in the downswing for many pro golfers. Apologies for any Mike Malaska fans but I think this contradicts his 'Move'...
  7. WILDTHING

Gerry Hogan's Theories On The Golf Swing vs Other

Because Lane and Arlo are fervent supporters of Gerry Hogan's theories on the golf swing I thought it best to open up a thread to discuss them more fully without the need to disrupt other threads. I have no doubts that some of Gerry Hogan's concepts might help certain golfers so there may be...
  8. WILDTHING

Long Drive Championship - Quest For Speed without accuracy might hurt your game.

look at the number of OB's .
  9. WILDTHING

Kinematic Graphs Of PGA Pros - Which one is the caster all the way from top of backswing?

Not sure this would interest many of you who aren't into golf biomechanics but here are some kinematic graphs of several PGA pros . It's basically showing the how fast parts of their bodies are rotating during the downswing. Pelvis (red line) Thorax which is the ribcage (green line) Lead arm...
  10. WILDTHING

Is this What's Happening Approaching Impact

Fact 1: For full Driver -5 iron swings it has been found that that the clubshaft will have forward bend approaching impact as per far right image below. Fact 2: Physics states that if there is forward shaft bend , then the hands will be exerting a net negative torque (also shown in the image...
  11. WILDTHING

Golf Pressure Plate - Science Question

I've seen several videos just like the one below which I find confusing regarding 'Pressure Plate' data used in golf analysis. Tyler Ferrell seems to imply that 'Pressure plates ' measures how much each leg is pushing (ie. force being applied) into the ground but I think that gives the golfer...
  12. WILDTHING

Ground Reaction Forces- questions

Whenever I hear instruction say you must use the ground to increase clubhead speed , I get really confused . For example here is a video about Tiger Woods injuries Check out 'Ara Suppiah MD' (Sports Medicine Physician) comments from 00:48 - 01:43 where he shows how the ground force...
  13. WILDTHING

An Anatomical Reason Why Some Golfers Cannot Pivot Very Well

I've been reading a few articles on hip joint anatomy and found this one below that might explain why some of us just cannot pivot very well. Hip Internal Rotation - What You Can and Can't Do to Improve It - DeanSomerset.com Basically its the alignment of your bone structure (see below) so...
  14. WILDTHING

What Muscles Are Used To Rotate The Pelvis In The Golf Swing?

Oops apologies for the typo error in my thread title (not sure how to correct it)! There are a few theories out there , so what do you think are the best theories that could explain how PGA pros rotate their pelvis (probably several apply because they won't be identical across players). I...
  15. WILDTHING

What effect does a 'pure' bowed lead wrist have on the clubface relative to ball target line?

I'm copying and pasting this from another website which I hope will help visualise what may actually be happening when people like Dustin Johnson and Colin Morikawa bow their lead wrists. Do other forum members have any opinions on this possible explanation of the effect of a 'pure' bowed lead...
  16. WILDTHING

Question For Tru Motion - A Kinetics Video by Dr Sasho MacKenzie

Hi True Motion - I just want to test this out on you because I'm wondering if it's just me that was given the wrong impression. When you look at this video , what sort of message does it imply? No need to view the whole video , just up to 06:00.
  17. WILDTHING

TPI 3D AMM vs Hackmotion - Which Is Correct for Wrist Release Through Impact?

There are various 3D technologies that create all sorts of graphs including wrist flexion-extension, radial -ulnar deviation, lead forearm rotation , etc etc . Jon Sinclair uses a software package called 3D AMM and created a TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) database with literally 100's...
  18. WILDTHING

Bend The Lead Arm For More Clubhead Speed?

This is a facebook video for 'Me and My Golf' with 'Titleist Performance Institute ' co-founder Dave Phillips . They have this database with all the 3D graphs of many golfers (amateurs, PGA Tour, Long Drivers , etc). I've always wondered why I never bent my left arm (being so inflexible)...
  19. WILDTHING

Some More Golf Swing Science - Increasing Club Speed - How useful is this?

This is related to research done by Dr Sasho MacKenzie ---------------------------- "Ever look at how you use the ground for power? One of the things we know about club head speed.... The more pressure under the lead foot when the shaft is perpendicular to the ground in the downswing, the...
Back