Search results for query: *

1. J

Callaway Super Hybrid

My set up is pretty much the same. But I'm looking to fill the gap between the 4w (16.5) to the 5 hybrid (25). I was thinking of adding a 7w and one super hybrid at 23. Or get both super hybrid (20/23) Does the 20/23 perform like a 5 wood and 7 wood for you? Sent from my iPhone using...
  2. J

Looking For Testers: Callaway Big Bertha B-21 Drivers and Hybrids

What is your current driver and hybrid? MAVRIK MAX and Epic Flash SZ Rogue Hybrids What do you like most about what Dnevs said in the live stream? I’ve used callaway drivers the past couple years (BB, Rogue, Epic Flash SZ, Mavrik). I keep wishing I had my old big bertha that I used...
  3. J

Looking For Testers: Callaway Big Bertha B-21 Drivers and Hybrids

What is your current driver and hybrid? Driver - Mavrik Max And Epic Flash subzero Hybrid - Rogue hybrids (4-6) What do you like most about what Dnevs said in the live stream? Big Bertha line is A Callaway legend and something that i will never forget. Big bertha was one of the best...
  4. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

1. That is true 2. Yes, it seems like the pairing of the shaft doesn't work with his current swing. 3. Yes, it isn't cheap. Best scenerio in this case is to do a one for one. Put the steelhead shaft or something similar on sheet into the mavrik Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

Well put. That was the chain of thought I was working at. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

Fitters have different ways and methods so to speak. There are so many factors when it comes to launch and spin. As everyone has a different swing, that variance can differ person to person. For me, it was the shafts. I did one for ones to eliminate the causes. I could have had the perfect...
  7. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

Similar weights but different nature to them. Your current gamer is fubuki at55R stock which was paired with the steelheads. They are midtorque, midkick shafts. A middle-of-the-road shaft. Project x catalyst - is a low to mid launching shaft and mid spin. It is mid to higher kick pt. Mileage...
  8. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

I am not sure whether you saw what I shared and my experience between both sets. I used to be like You, just go for the stock and try to get it off the Deck. Our swing changes with time and the condition of our body. I had injury due to service and I've been working on getting consistency with...
  9. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

So I finally took the dive, went for a 9 hole with the coach and focused on gapping. Here are the results Pw Carry: 116 m / 127 y Total: 117 m / 128 y Club Speed: 78 mph Ball Speed: 93 mph Shot pattern: Draw / Straight Spin: 7500 rpm Launch angle: 30 degrees Apex: 28.8 m / 94.5 ft Smash ...
  10. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

I agreed. You do get better each time with them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

I suspect you will get on really well with the mavrik pros. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

So went to the range today to dial in some numbers. But wow, it's so simple to shape shots with the mavrik (beautiful draws to fades as with the 9i). Note: Range balls were used. Pw Carry: 106m / 116 yards Total: 107 m / 117 yards Club Speed: 76 mph Ball Speed: 90.5 mph Shot pattern: Draw...
  13. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

Amazing how much progress has been made with cast irons. I am pleasently surprised. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

I do wonder, does your chrome get easily marked? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

Hi, I tried all the irons. The max bigger head size was really easy to hit, but for forgiveness was the same as the Mavrik for myself. Note that the feel of forgiveness will vary person to person. The mavrik max is definitely draw biased. Although I got slightly higher ball speed in some...
  16. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

Finally got them fitted with Steelfibre H65 tour shafts. Honest and initial impressions: This time the quality control is better. The cg position is mostly consistent and lie angles were done right. Previously my rogue ones were to close to the heel. It could be mine are tour heads. 1...
  17. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

The feel and the values you got from both. Similar or did Flash face make a lot of difference? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

Optimal numbers are as above. I think the aoa is ok. The modern 7i would probably be a players 6i today on average. Spin could be at the 6ks , but if it works with his current swing and achieves the distance , has stopping power , I don’t see the issue. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. J

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

minus 4 aoa is good. If your launch was alright, maybe it should be 15-16 I suppose? Spin should be about 6k rpms ? Yes descent could be a touch higher but I think it is fine unless you are again strong conditions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. J

Launch angle: Does it matter? When is too low or high?

Turf at the range Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back