Search results for query: *

1. Leftyuk

Coming to Florida at end of November.

I fly to Orlando on 28th, staying overnight near the airport. On 29th, I am driving up to Palm Coast for some practise and a round before going to St Augustine for two days. I intend to play King and Bear , then go to Sampson for St Johns. I will spend three days sharpening up the game before...
  2. Leftyuk

What to eat in USA

When I return for ten days in December, I will look forward to Florida food. I will pig out on shrimp and ribs, my favourites. Throw in a couple of steaks , beef and lamb, and I will be happily fed. For desert, I will be 100% ice cream. I find things too sweet on the sweet trolley so a good ice...
  3. Leftyuk

What the Masters committee should do..

Richard Bland should get an invitation to the Masters. A lot of people, would love to see him tee it up an dafter a long career , it would be a great gesture. Only Scrooge would deny him .
  4. Leftyuk

Sawgrass

I will be visiting Sawgrass in December, playing five rounds. I will fly into Orlando and then spend a couple of days overcoming jet lag, sharpening up the swing and fine tuning the short game. I am looking for a public course with good practise facilities and decent course and sociable . Last...
  5. Leftyuk

ICD revisited

Some time ago, I asked about having an ICD and did it affect golf. Well , since then, I have had one put in, it does not affect my golf, and it has activated to correct my heart rate, meaning it has probably saved my life. And now there is another sportsman kitted out with a little box playing...
  6. Leftyuk

Some people make me feel inferior

Eight incredible golfers, one sport - Videos - European Tour These guys are a marvel, and next time I complain about my life, they will make me feel humble. And then they will wipe me out on a golf course...........:surrender::surrender:
  7. Leftyuk

More European fun

Niall Horan surprises Amy Bockerstette ahead of ISPS Handa World Invitational - Videos - European Tour The darling Amy got another pleasant surprise and the event will have her playing alongside the pros. Keep an eye out for it and I am sure you will be cheering her on. I got this.
  8. Leftyuk

Walker Cup 2021

Some great golf on a great course yesterday. Pleased to see Westwood and McGinley there cheering on the GB&I team. Anyone watching the stars of the future?
  9. Leftyuk

Buying an electric car

All-New 208 GT Premium | Configure & Buy Online | PEUGEOT UK Wife has been after a new electric car so we can help save the planet. She does about 5,000 miles a year, so converting to electric is not going to save many polar bears. What a nonsense they make about this. Getting a electric...
  10. Leftyuk

What is your ringtone and why did you choose it?

For the last twelve years , I have used the ringtone below, having edited out the first five seconds. Black Dog (Remaster) - YouTube I have just upgraded to an Apple 12 and have decided to go with a new ringtone. Decision not to be rushed or taken lightly. 1. Needs to be attention seeking so...
  11. Leftyuk

Courses closed in UK

As of Thursday, there will be golf in UK. A second lockdown means that all courses are closed. :mad: On one hand, something needs to be done to prevent the rise in cases, on the other so few people in so many acres suggests that it should be safe if you control the clubhouses and off course...
  12. Leftyuk

World Handicap System

The new world handicap system comes in over here next month. While I understand the benefits from all of us using the same system, I am not sure about the new system. I don't get the eight from twenty rule. In UK, you take all scores. I don't get all rounds. Here you count the rounds under...
  13. Leftyuk

I like Jim Furyk

I have always liked Fuyrk, he comes across as a good guy. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/53422143
  14. Leftyuk

Head SHaving

Those of us who are folically challenged are resigned to having a smooth pate. To keep it smooth , a No 2 is where most go, some go all the way and trim with no bar between the blade and our skin. Some barbers still do the wet shave of the whole head. Awesome. I have just bought a skull shaver...
  15. Leftyuk

Bucket list trip

Next week, I head off on my ultimate golf trip. I fly to Australia, landing in Sydney. After a couple of days recuperating from the flight, I fly down to Melbourne. Then I play five rounds ,starting at Royal Melbourne , then Kingston Heath and other great courses in the famous sandbelt. Then we...
  16. Leftyuk

Implantable cardioverter defibrillators

Anyone got one? I went to a cardiologist this morning . I had a heart attack 12 years ago, and until last summer ,everything was OK. I had packed up smoking , dropped 60 lbs and was in reasonable shape, pleased with a consistent 120/80 blood pressure. But in the summer, my blood pressure...
  17. Leftyuk

Florida November 2019

Spent a happy two weeks in Florida from 7th to 20th November. Arrived at Miami airport, spent the night in Red Roof Inn, at the end of the runway, and drove to Ellenton the next day. I went to River Wilderness and asked pro if I could get 18 holes and practise on the weekend before going to...
  18. Leftyuk

Bringing my music into the 21st century

I am moving house next month and part of the packing centred around my collection of vinyl records and CD's . My stereo system is a 1980's JVC turntable, amp, CD player and cassette deck. And Kef speakers. I am ditching the tape deck, the CD is kaput, but the amp and turntable work well...
  19. Leftyuk

Near Tampa in November

I'm playing Streamsong, Innisbrook and World Woods in November . I will be staying in Ellenton for the weekend 9th/10th before going to Streamsong early on 11th. I will have a couple of days rest from the flight and will be sharpening the game before competition golf. I have not been to that...
  20. Leftyuk

Playing your own course before the pros do

On August 1st, the British Ladies Open starts at Woburn on the Marquess course. Today, three weeks before, I played the Marquess course. The course closes next week so the green staff can prime it ready for the ladies. The course is 7,200 off the back tees and is cut out of a forest. Its main...
Back