Search results for query: *

1. Thrillbilly Jim

What’s The Next Step?

I started to think about what I want from playing golf. The last year or so, I wanted to just have a good time and relax, but I played terrible golf. So, now I want to get better. I’ve taken lessons in the past (2 years straight), I’ve been fitted for clubs, putter, and golf ball. What’s the...
  2. Thrillbilly Jim

Do You Trust Sponsored Reviewers?

An interesting point was made in the Takomo thread and I thought it warranted its own discussion. Do you trust a review from any source where that source is sponsored? Will they present a totally unbiased viewpoint or will there always be a ‘skewed’ opinion?
  3. Thrillbilly Jim

What Would A Tour Victory Mean To Takomo Golf?

PGA winner and YouTube golfer, Wesley Bryan has led all three rounds of the Corales Puntacana Championship. What makes this interesting is Bryan uses Takomo irons. Takomo is a DTC company in Finland who really generated a buzz over the last year or two. Based on YouTube reviews and the fact that...
  4. Thrillbilly Jim

Design The Perfect Golf Ball

Could you design the perfect golf ball? You must pick the attributes you desire in a golf ball and combine them to make the ultimate golf ball. The catch is you must use a different manufacturer per attribute and can only use that manufacturer once. Cover Material: Dimple Pattern: Cover Color...
  5. Thrillbilly Jim

Thrillbilly Jim's WITB

I was able to finally pick up my new clubs today! What can I say.... y'all should have seen this coming! :LOL: 🤷‍♂️
  6. Thrillbilly Jim

TaylorMade Copper Edition P770 & P790

These look so d@mn good!
  7. Thrillbilly Jim

CONTEST Pick My New Golf Ball

My new clubs will be ready Friday morning! Part of the fitting and custom build, is a gapping session and ball fitting. I want to find the optimal golf ball for myself. In the past, I have played the Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide because it is the best ball for the money, IMHO. But, going forward, I...
  8. Thrillbilly Jim

Would You Try These?

I walked past the snack machine and these caught my eye. Would you try these?
  9. Thrillbilly Jim

Odyssey Ai-ONE Tri-Beam

😳
  10. Thrillbilly Jim

Which Masters Champion Would You Choose?

You get an invitation from any past Masters Champion (Dead or Alive) to play a round of golf at Augusta National, who do you choose? Past Masters Champions
  11. Thrillbilly Jim

Does Rick Shiels Move The Needle?

Rick Shiels is the king of YouTube golf. He has produced content for more than a decade. Shiels has over 3 million subscribers over two different channels, with 2000+ videos. My question is does he move the needle? Does he influence the average golf consumer? Does he influence you? If not, does...
  12. Thrillbilly Jim

Bryson DeChambeau Plays Avoda Golf Irons

I did a quick search, and the Google machine says that Bryson DeChambeau is using a custom one-length set of iron from Avoda Golf. Have you ever heard of them? Have you ever seen a set of Avoda irons in real life? Thought? Avoda Golf
  13. Thrillbilly Jim

Would You Change The Order Of Golf Majors?

Just what the title says, would you change the order in which the majors are played, or would you keep them the same?
  14. Thrillbilly Jim

Can A Solar Eclipse Predict A Masters Winner?

There was a total Solar eclipse in the US in February of 1979. That same year, Fuzzy Zoeller, a Masters rookie, won the tournament. Do you think this can favor a golfer playing Augusta for the first time or is this just a dumb coincidence? Rookies this year include Ludvig Aberg, Wyndham Clark...
  15. Thrillbilly Jim

Cackalacky Golf Apparel

Just found this apparel company on Instagram.
  16. Thrillbilly Jim

Insane Skytrak Launch Monitor Deal On Amazon

I was scrolling on Amazon looking for a couple items, and a ad for a Skytrak Launch Monitor caught my eye. $995 for a launch monitor! It retails for almost $1500 on the Skytrak website! That is a crazy good deal! SkyTrak Golf Launch Monitor and Golf Simulator with Metal Protective Case...
  17. Thrillbilly Jim

Does This Make You Sad?

Out of habit, I went to budgetgolf.com. But, I was greeted with this message.
Back