Search results for query: *

1. AUWU11

Ball Rec - Tour Ball with lower side spin

Hi all, I’ve played the Chrome Soft for a long time. Today, I tried a TP5 on a whim (couple generations old, but new condition), and noticed much better distance off the tee. Couple of drives were 300+, a first for the season. That was great, as well as the greenside spin. What I didn’t like...
  2. AUWU11

The best shot of the round

Ironically, the best shot of the round came immediately after my worst shot of the round. Short par 4, narrow and downhill then back up hill to the green, I topped the everliving out of my tee shot with my 3 wood. Didn’t even reach the fairway. No clue what happened. Get up to the ball, had...
  3. AUWU11

What did you shoot today?

75 (+4). 38-37. Favorite course in my area. Pretty plain front. One bogey, one double thanks to a 180 lip back from 3 feet, rest pars. Left a couple birdies out there that I wish I could have back, but can’t complain about pars. Back was a little crazier. Started with 3 pars, then...
  4. AUWU11

Barefoot golf?

I’ve played both the Thistle Dhu putting course as well as The Cradle (9 hole par 3 course) at Pinehurst barefoot. It was a ton of fun. In fact, every time I go, I play Thistle Dhu in the evening barefoot.
  5. AUWU11

75 (37-38, +5) at Pinehurst #1 Saturday, followed by an 83 (41-42, +11) this morning at Pinehurst #5.
  6. AUWU11

Injuries on the golf course?

Took a ball in the shoulder blade from someone that apparently didn’t know how to scream “FORE.” Not a serious injury, but hurt like hell and my shoulder blade was black and blue for a week. Suffice it to say, it was not a fun round from then on.
  7. AUWU11

What handicap do you think you look like? Is it accurate?

Swing is worse than my scoring (6.6 GHIN). I have a slow, smooth, deliberate swing, so it is not anything that makes people go “whoa” when they see it. But I make good, consistent contact with it.
  8. AUWU11

Analysis Paralysis?

Yup. After a putting slump recently, I got so over analytical about my putting set-up and all the details that go with, that I legit couldn’t function when putting. I used the exact phrase you did - “paralysis by analysis.” Luckily I’ve been able to rebound and get out of it, but I’ve...
  9. AUWU11

The best shot of the round

Par 3, 138 yards, stout wind in the face. Hit a 3-quarter knockdown 9 iron to keep it low, put it to a few feet (pic attached). Yellow circle is the ball mark where it hit pin high. Made the birdie putt.
  10. AUWU11

Your Most Disliked: Tour Player Edition

Sergio, Brooks, Reed, and Couples (yes, Couples).
  11. AUWU11

“Bio Mat” Putter Fitting at Golf Galaxy

I’ve been contemplating doing a putter fitting at Golf Galaxy. I called earlier today, and the person I spoke with said they do an analysis on their “bio mat” that analyzes everything with your stroke, arc, posture, lie, loft, etc. Very in-depth breakdown from the sound of it. Has anyone here...
  12. AUWU11

77 (39-38) after two weeks off. 9/14 FIR 9/18 GIR 31 putts (no 3 putts) First time playing at this mountain course - beautiful place.
  13. AUWU11

A little late posting this, but from my golf trip to Wisconsin this past week: Brown Deer Park - 79 (37-42) Irish at Whistling Straits - 80 (40-40) Erin Hills - 82 (41-41) Two birdies, three doubles over the course of these 54 holes. All courses were par 72.
  14. AUWU11

Closest golf course to you...

I’ve played St. John’s before when passing through for work. Loved that course!
  15. AUWU11

For Sale FINAL ROUND AT PGA CHAMPIONSHIP - One (1) Ticket

See attached pic (I blurred out the scan code and number code to prevent any theft/fraud issues).
  16. AUWU11

For Sale FINAL ROUND AT PGA CHAMPIONSHIP - One (1) Ticket

I have one available ticket for the final round Sunday 5/23 at the PGA Championship at Kiawah. Selling for $155 (i.e. what I paid after taxes and fees). A friend was originally going to go with me and my wife, but he could not get off of work. TICKET CAN ONLY BE ELECTRONICALLY TRANSFERRED...
  17. AUWU11

Municipal Golfers

All public here. We have some in the area that are some really nice public courses (and some not so nice), so I get a decent mix of conditions, layout, etc.
  18. AUWU11

Would you rather... (blow up hole related)

I’ve done both recently, and will take the better score. Played the best I’ve played tee-to-green in recent memory a couple months ago, had some unlucky putting breaks, shot 82. Also that same month, I played “ok” but not great. Some lucky breaks, some really good shots “when I needed them,”...
  19. AUWU11

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Stunk it up in a weekly two-man scramble
  20. AUWU11

If you could swap one aspect of your game for a Tour player’s...

GIR without question. When I hit greens, I score well. When I don’t, I score poorly. Stats from the last few years prove that for me.
Back