Search results for query: *

1. Ghost21

The Masters 2021 Contest and Thread Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf

I'm not much of a gambler, but Koepka missing the cut seemed like a sure thing so soon after surgery. Nice little win from that.
  2. Ghost21

Trying to Break 100

Played my first round in 5 months last week and managed a 94. Probably the best I've played tee to green in years, but the chipping and putting was very rusty which is to be expected.
  3. Ghost21

What is the primary reason for slow play?

All of the above. The one that annoys me most is leaving bags in stupid places around the green. Leave it on the side of the next tee, not where you have to walk back to the far side to pick it up, then walk all the way across again.
  4. Ghost21

Putting with the flagstick in. Yes or no?

We've been required to leave it in over here for the past 12 months. I was already doing so beforehand though and will likely continue. Happy having it out as well though tbh if others in the group prefer.
  5. Ghost21

How old when you started playing golf?

Started at 8 or 9 and played regularly until late teens. Picked it up again at 30
  6. Ghost21

Newer Isn't Always Better

I've no interest in buying brand new gear each year, but I appreciate those who do because it allows me to pick up models a year or 2 old when needed at a fraction of the price.
  7. Ghost21

Trying to Break 100

Once I'm out there I'm sure scores will be the last thing on my mind. Always been a great way to clear the head.
  8. Ghost21

Trying to Break 100

Hello all, it's been a while. I've managed no more than a handful of rounds in the past 12 months with everything that's been going on, but can't wait to get back at it now we've been been given a start date in England. A little scared to think what the scores might be like, but just going to...
  9. Ghost21

Your Favorite 007 Bond Movie and why?

Goldeneye. Probably a big part of that is the game though. Some of the Craig films are great but they're just not Bond films in the same way.
  10. Ghost21

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Ah that sucks. We're very fortunate that my wife is a teacher so has very good benefits if she ever needs time off. I'm not in as good a position if it came to being signed off sick, but I can do most of my work from my laptop at home. There's not actually been any evidence that pregnant women...
  11. Ghost21

Thanks, same to you and your family. Taking the cautious approach, as everyone should be.
  12. Ghost21

We're expecting our first in August and my wife has just been told to isolate for 12 weeks. Working from home shouldn't be a problem for me so I expect I'll be joining her soon.
  13. Ghost21

What time of day do you play?

Early as possible. It's about the only chance I have to play on a weekend and I hate being out there for 4-5 hours. If i'm playing solo I can be done in less than 3 hours and home by 11.
  14. Ghost21

What Type Of Putter Do You Use

TM Rossa blade.
  15. Ghost21

Better BBQ: Pork, Beef or Poultry?

Where's the vegan option ;)
  16. Ghost21

2019/2020 Soccer Thread

Sterling has been strangely poor for a couple of months. Was a great game to be at yesterday, celebrations from the second goal were the best for a long time.
  17. Ghost21

2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Luckily our bowls are downstairs in meeting rooms so it's out of sight out of mind. Every time I'm down there my space ends up littered with wrappers.
  18. Ghost21

No sugar at all sounds rough! I've done without it in my coffee and tea for a long while, but sweets (candy) are a big weakness for me. I don't plan on cutting them out entirely, but it'll be a rare treat for the time being.
  19. Ghost21

Making a commitment starting today to finding my abs over the next couple of months. Need to add some cardio to my weekly workouts but the main thing will be diet. Aiming to get no more than 2200 calories per day.
Back