Search results for query: *

1. Ludin

Who is the best YouTube instructor? And why is it Danny Maude?

I have been going down the path of looking for a new coach for 2024 and looking for online coaches. I came across Danny Maude a while ago, but started watching his stuff again after finding him on Skillest. Ending up watching the video below which unlocked me and revitalized my ball striking...
  2. Ludin

Online Golf Coaching

Considering going a different path in 2024 and going the online golf coach route as in person has not been as successful as I hoped. I struggle with trying to implement too many things too quickly during lessons that I get way in my head. Using online coaching I feel like I can digest it at a...
  3. Ludin

Let's Talk Ludin's Club Gapping

Looking at my performance average of clubs from Shot Scope for the entirety of 2023 I wanted to get everyone else's opinion on any potential gapping issues or places for improvement. I am pretty naïve in what is appropriate so I would like everyone else's thoughts.
  4. Ludin

Did you retire in the same area where you spent most of your adult life?

I am just curious of those who retired if you stayed in the same area where you spent most of your adult life or moved somewhere else. For those who moved why did you got to the place you are at?
  5. Ludin

How much of household income is reasonable for a golf club membership?

As the title states. How much of household income is reasonable for a golf club membership? Been something that has been on my mind and curious to see what everyone else's thoughts are on it.
  6. Ludin

How do your brand loyalty with limited fitting options?

I am curious to others view on the subject of how do you weigh your brand loyalty when going to a fitting when fitters in your area don't carry they brand except for one that you refuse to do business with? I ask as I would like to get a full bag fitting next year and the fitters I would go to...
  7. Ludin

Golf ball recommendations for someone who launches the ball way to high!

I have been pondering for a while and then the off course podcast this morning kicked my pondering in to overdrive and a rabbit hole of confusing searches. I am not sure I play the right ball as I launch the ball way to high and on my driver have way too much spin. My irons are on point, but the...
  8. Ludin

Driver Battle - Which One?

I made a small swing tweak earlier in the week and I am hitting the ball better the. I ever have. So I decided to have a driver Battle on the sim tonight. Which driver would you play. They are the clubs under driver and 2 wood. The winner goes in the bag Sunday.
  9. Ludin

How big of a golf ego do you have?

I was reflecting today on my golf game and I got to thinking how it wouldn't surprise me if I shot even par from my normal tee boxes this year. To put that in perspective while my ball striking is tracking in the right direction I am only a 12 handicap with a personal best round of 80 (7.1...
  10. Ludin

Which Speed Training System do you recommend?

Looking at purchasing a new swing speed system and wanted to see what those have tried certain ones would recommend. I have tried aero swing and it works, but it hurts my wrists due to how the resistance worked. Looking at SuperSpeed, Stack and Rypstick but really open to any recommendations...
  11. Ludin

House Cleaner Questions

My wife has repeatedly implied for Christmas is all she wants is a house cleaner. So the good husband I am, I am trying to figure things out and I have some basic questions. What questions should I ask perspective cleaners? What things do you normally have them clean or not clean? How often...
  12. Ludin

Can casting during the downswing cause more head speed?

My question is can casting during the downswing cause more head speed? I am asking as I have been working on not casting in the downswing which has led to a huge gain in consistency, however I have noticed I have lost a bit of distance. I always thought of casting causing a loss in power, but...
  13. Ludin

Not Hinging Wrists in Chipping

So I recently took to not hinging my wrists chipping. I am not hinging the wrists in partial wedge shots now. Essentially what I have termed dead arm chipping. What I have found is that my ball contact has been extremely consistent and my distance control has been so much better with my...
  14. Ludin

Would you play your dream course as a single?

The dream course thread got me thinking as I am currently sitting here on vacation with access to one of the courses that hit a lot of people's list. However, with that said I play as a single a lot but almost feel like dream courses may be better with friends. What are your thoughts? Would you...
  15. Ludin

Golf Membership Question. What would you do?

So I am in quite the quandary on what I should do for next in regards to getting a golf membership or continuing to fight the crowds and 5+ hour rounds on the weekend. Curious what the great people of THP would do. Option 1: Private 30 Minute Drive No practice facilities Can bring your own...
  16. Ludin

Ben Hogan Stance Setup

Came across a video in my YouTube feed for AliTaylorGolf and he had a video explaining Ben Hogan's stance setup and the reasoning for it. Thinkin through my misses this made a ton of sense and feel like this would absolutely minimize my current misses across the board. I currently setup square...
  17. Ludin

What is the most important part of golf to practice on?

What is the most important part golf to practice on? I have my preconceived ideas but want your thoughts.
  18. Ludin

What temperature do you keep you keep your house during the summer?

The wife and I were talking today and I feel like we are a bit different from others, but it got me wondering what everyone else does. We keep our house 73 year round. We do have two young kids at home and is higher then I ever had it in my life. Prior to kids we kept it at 69 year round. What...
  19. Ludin

Need Help Choosing a New Golf Bag

Well never thought I would be posting a thread like this, but I have been looking at golf bags the past couple of weeks and I am having a hard time choosing. So I want to put it out there and have you help me choose from my top two or tell me why another bag is that much better. I am looking for...
  20. Ludin

What book are you reading?

I apologize if there are other threads on this, but I did a search and didn't see any. What book are you reading and would you recommend it?
Back