Search results for query: *

1. olperfesser

The Lob Wedge: the Savior and Destroyer

My 60° is for soft sand. Never use it otherwise. My 54° is my go-to anywhere inside 60 yards. Rarely do I use my wedges more than a half swing from the fairway, so AW inside 75 yards.
  2. olperfesser

Did You Invest In High Quality Rain Gear?

Since I walk most of the time, I have a good umbrella for the cart. I bought a better quality rain suit, but never used it. My windbreaker is enough to keep me dry and still swing.
  3. olperfesser

Do you enjoy golf more now than when you first started?

When I was young, I didn't play very well, so didn't get a lot of invitations to play. From 30-60 played once or twice a year, company outings or family visiting. Now that I retired, I actually learned to play. Got time, made lots of friends, and really enjoy the game. No high expectations, so...
  4. olperfesser

Top Five Favorite Golfers of All Time

Arnold Palmer, nicest guy to meet, always. Jack Nicklaus, great golfer Lee Trevino, funny, never stops chatting Phil Mickelson, another fun guy, just being Phil. Tiger Woods, just because All were great to follow on the course, and seemed to appreciate the following.
  5. olperfesser

Recovery Time After Golf

Old guy, but in decent shape. Rest and a shower, Advil if any pain (rarely). Ready to go again the next day, but usually play only 3 times a week due to spousal obligations.
  6. olperfesser

Tour Event 2021 US Open Contest and Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf

Xander Schauffele 10.5° Stiff
  7. olperfesser

How Good is Your Short Game?

Scrambling well keeps my game near bogey golf. Bunker play kills it. Maybe if they had sand in our bunkers it would be better.
  8. olperfesser

Hat Off in Clubhouse?

Being in the South, I find that no one takes their hats off anywhere.
  9. olperfesser

Does your vanity let you use GI or SGI irons?

Oh, Apex DCB irons are GI clubs, who'd a known. These are the closest to pros I have ever played, so vanity be damned.
  10. olperfesser

When are you at your happiest in golf?

Any time I am on the course.
  11. olperfesser

Alphard Golf club booster v2

I still use my original version. Really a help on my hilly home course. Friends have tried to get a V2, but unable to order. I think it is a battery issue - they can't get them.
  12. olperfesser

What Swingweight Do You Play?

Woods D3, Hybrids D2, Irons D2, Wedges D4, assuming they were built to specs. Only the wedges have standard stock shafts.
  13. olperfesser

How Fast Are Your Greens?

They have been 9-10 most of the winter. They will be back at 12 once the grass comes out of dormancy. Champion dwarf Bermudagrass.
  14. olperfesser

How Old are You in Photos

Stalin statue torn down in Hungry, end of Don Larsen's perfect game. (game 5 1956 WS)
  15. olperfesser

How Old are You in Photos

yep, that old.
  16. olperfesser

Which Club is Key?

Putter. A one putt solves a lot of ills.
  17. olperfesser

what is a "bioengineered food product" and why is it in my devil dogs?

I'm sure that you have heard of non-GMO food. This is the opposite. But that is why Twinkies and Devil Dogs last forever.
  18. olperfesser

Yellow balls suck for me

Yellows are so easy to find in the fairway. My object is to keep them there. Been getting better at it. Now, if I can do the same in avoiding the water.
  19. olperfesser

Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Pfizer. Sore arm the evening after each shot. Gone after 24 hours first one, after 48 hours for the second. Wife, the same.
Back