Search results for query: *

1. S

The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

This club did a lot of work my last outing. It is probably the 2nd best change to the bag this year (putter being first). I could never find a fairway wood I was able to hit halfway decently or consistently in the past. The hy-wood is secure in its spot behind the driver until my game improves.
  2. S

Do you hit partial shots? Or full swing only?

Full shots if I can. Finesse is not something I do well. Which makes it troublesome when trying to negotiate trees.
  3. S

Whats the best time of the day to play golf?

Early morning is my preference. My regular playing group would say otherwise.
  4. S

I agree that the hy-wood is pretty much straight. There is the random pull, but that is on me and my swing.
  5. S

2nd Best WR of All Time?

I would put Randy Moss at #2. He believes the order is Moss, Owens, then Rice. haha
  6. S

Headcovers, on or off?

Definitely on unless in use.
  7. S

Can/Do you drive a manual?

My father required that the first car I purchased be a manual. It was a 86 Trans Am. Not the friendliest car to learn on. I had a S2000 when I started playing golf. If a friend rode with me, we'd have to drive with the top down and their clubs in their lap.
  8. S

It’s corn on the cob season. How do you cook yours.

Brief boil and then seared in a wok with butter, thyme, and garlic. Finish it off with Hawaiian salt and cracked pepper.
  9. S

Join Us Live: The Worst Golf Podcast

A must watch because it's the worst.
  10. S

How Old is Your Putter?

Less than a month. The putter before that was a year. I learned a lot in my Edel putter fitting and looking forward to see how the rest of the season plays out.
  11. S

The Edel Fitting Experience

First full round with the #2. Ended with a total of 32 putts. Love what I'm seeing so far with line and speed control. Definitely need to be more conscious of downhill slope. There were a few second putts that were longer than they should have been. Being able to recover from these...
  12. S

Played my first round with the Edel 2.0. I didn't keep track of total putts as we skipped a few holes due to slow play. I did not have any 3 putts which is big for me. Yes, it's still the honeymoon phase, but it just instills confidence. I know that how I address the ball is going to match...
  13. S

How many putter brands have you actually played a round with?

Taylormade Odyssey Ping Cleveland Seemore Edel
  14. S

Edel EAS 1.5 Putter

I was fitted into the 20 gram weight in the head. Had a putting lesson on the same practice greens. We moved down to the 10 gram weight because of the difference between the fitting and the lesson. Glad that I sprung for the weight kit. It definitely made a difference on top of the...
  15. S

Off Course Gets MuchMore

I enjoy the episodes with THP members as much if not more than the the industry episodes. It just speaks to the community THP has built.
  16. S

This beauty arrived today. Looking forward to getting out on the course with it.
  17. S

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

Love the rails on these. I have received much better results than I should have because of them.
  18. S

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

I've only had two rounds with the halo irons. The idea behind the bag this year was to go with the easiest clubs I can hit. Currently go B21 driver, hy-wood, 5-D halo irons, 50 and 58 smart sole wedges, and seemore mini df putter. I have never done well with fairway woods in the past. The...
  19. S

The Hy-wood continues to shine. Almost reached a par 5 in two with it. Was off the front of the green by about a yard. Kept arguing with my cart buddy that there was no way it was my ball. I've never gotten close to being on in two historically. Definitely a must try for the fairway wood...
Back