Search results for query: *

1. Awstyn

Modern iron loft rant

After you consider the wedge situation, the modern loft/design trend doesn't bother me much. What I don't like about some of the newer sets is tightening up the gaps in the long irons. My fourteen clubs don't have to be a given number. I just don't want a less valuable long iron increasing...
  2. Awstyn

2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

Ping Glide 3.0 with Eye Sole is different but close. Considering offset, toe, and bounce. The Eye 2 is what Phil used during those backwards flop shots back in the day… And is the “base” model for this design. The ping’s leading edge is a little higher off the ground (can still open up easily)...
  3. Awstyn

So, You Want to Be a Great Putter

I’m working at it, but am not good enough to offer advice of my own. However, this guy has some thoughts worth sharing: Dave Stockton (Unconscious Putting): “The best putters are players who spend almost all of their energy and focus on the line and speed of the putt, and almost none of it on...
  4. Awstyn

Newport vs Newport II

I like the looks of the more rounded bumpers and the Anser/Newport style. I also like the looks of a flow or slant neck vs the plumbers. In both cases I putt better with the more square Anser 2/ Newport 2 models and the standard plumbers neck. That said "putting better" is still relative...
  5. Awstyn

Ben Hogan Precision Milled Putters

This is something I was curious about. Having the finish hold up for a couple years on a putter that is being used is better than some other offerings.
  6. Awstyn

What's your style of play?

This is how I want to become boring (managing my misses). I'm trying to think of it as putting a scope on an open choke shotgun. I want to put as much shot pattern onto the green, out of the trees, or other target as possible. Dead aim with a realistic expectation of a few flyers, and not so...
  7. Awstyn

Trying to Break 80 Club

I’m not sure if league night was a step forwards or backwards yesterday. I played as if I had a few beers (I did). 41. No pars: just 7 bogies and 2 birdies. Need to ditch the cooler, I can wait until we’re done playing.
  8. Awstyn

What's your style of play?

I have a more conservative style now. I hardly ever aim at pins anymore unless they are in the “fat” part of the green or in the way of the best approach. I also hit the driver less off the tee, which has some to do with the course I play now. There is not much hero in me and I’m not the most...
  9. Awstyn

Wedge Grinds

My current set up is Ping Glide 54 Deg. Wide Sole & 60 Deg. Eye 2 sole. I also use a 54 deg Vokey K grind with 16 deg bounce and a Calloway PM Grind 60. I like the offset and high toe of both of the lob wedges. Both have low effective bounce and characteristics of the original Eye 2. For my...
  10. Awstyn

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats: You Just Won a Free Trip to the Budget Experience

Awesome. The Budget Experience will be a great follow here. Congrats to you both for the opportunity to live it. (y)
  11. Awstyn

Trying to Break 80 Club

Was not planning to play today but my schedule changed. Played 18 hole but with two balls… 87 and 82. I hit some decent drives, but fairway % was down one OB penalty and one punch shot outta the trees, but my issue was putting. My GIR wasn’t bad. I only had one hole over boggie (the OB...
  12. Awstyn

Signup Now: The Budget Experience - Free Trip, Equipment and More

Sounds like a great experience. Good luck everyone.
  13. Awstyn

TM Spider EX

Ordered a mySpider EX June 30th off the TM site. Estimate a 5 to 6 week wait, but I'll follow up after a few rounds with it sometime in August. I rolled the different neck styles at a box store and went with he single bend for my order. I believe the slant neck is the most popular. I didn't...
  14. Awstyn

Trying to Break 80 Club

Yesterday: Thought I'd catch up on slaying the demons... I did go out Monday July 5th with my father and a friend of the family. We went off the back 30 minutes early instead of waiting for our 8:30 tee time (Hey, it was open lol). 45/39 84 (ESC 83) Putting was awful again, but no 4 putts =)...
  15. Awstyn

Looking for new grips and need help....

I switched to Golfpride CP2 wraps (black/blue) and have been happy. For me they are about as soft as I’d like to go. (Works great without a glove). I wish I had access to the .58 core instead of the .6 for a tighter fit and just a little more rubber but it isn’t a big deal. Not something I’d...
  16. Awstyn

Trying to Break 80 Club

39/41 80. All mental. 50% GIR and Fairways. Had one OB after hitting a tree, but putting was awful. A 4 and a 3 putt inflated my total to 35 putts… I swear that wasn’t my putter; until I find myself I don’t even need to bother to line up. 1000% distance control & that’s all mental because I’m...
  17. Awstyn

Trying to Break 80 Club

I have not been on these forums for a while & did not play last year. So far this year I have not broken 80 and my handicap has gone up to a 12. The last round I had (Sunday) pretty much captured my range. 48 on the front, 38 on the back. I'm not sure what to expect, but this is the club I...
  18. Awstyn

YOUR favorite putter ever?

Ram Zebra Putter. I've owned at least two of them in the 90's, they just got beat up or broke. I've had the grey and black versions (prefer the grey). This is before I became overly obsessed on maintaining my equipment AND I seem to recall it being one of the first putter to come with a head...
  19. Awstyn

Awstyn - WITB

I did not play golf last year in 2020. Got a membership at the closest Muni this year and have been struggling. Handicap has increased 4 points and I'm on a mission to get back to single digits. Such is golf. My son is 5 years old now. He has his own clubs & bag, and I take him to a...
  20. Awstyn

Golf Pride Pro Only

I've been looking for the 75CC SNSR Contour Pro version ever since Alez367 teased me with pictures. I almost talked myself into ordering from Ping a PP58 midsize. The Red Star version, doesn't seem like to much of a remake from their current Tour Tradition by the looks of it but...
Back