Search results for query: *

1. nostatic

LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Finally a course where I don’t need to lay up
  2. nostatic

Same age as you and this is one of the most frustrating parts for me. I have to be very careful with my elbows, so hitting a bunch of balls is a non-starter. Which drives me nuts because I want to hit a couple of buckets and know that will improve my consistency. But if I do that, at some point...
  3. nostatic

Slow swingers unite! 2024 golf balls

Chromesoft TruTrack (previously TruVis) or Q-Star Tour. I've dropped under 90mph driver, but more than numbers I'm really particular about feel (especially short game) and those two are my favorite. Too hard/clicky makes me sad...
  4. nostatic

This is a really interesting point, and part of what led me to add a Vokey into the bag last month (guesstimate spec). I have a Titleist wedge fitting end of this week so I'll be in Ballyhack in spirit, CA in person. But back to your point. Coming back from a multi-year injury layoff and now...
  5. nostatic

How consistent are your golf balls?

when my golf balls smile back at me, that's when trust is earned...
  6. nostatic

Flying leap on equipment

Cleveland Hywood 3+. Ordered it with a Tensei Blue 55R rather than the stock Aldila. Had never hit it or the shaft. Result - when I actually did go do a fairway wood/hybrid fit, nothing performed better. Tried a bunch of various 3W and 5W, the Hywood was longer and always straight. Same result...
  7. nostatic

Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids and Hy-Wood Review

I’ve also found that it goes straight almost no matter what I do. The “easier to swing” is spot-on.
  8. nostatic

Curious as well. The Cleveland online fitting tool gives me very little yardage difference between the two, but I’m about 220 with driver. Assume someone with more speed could make them work.
  9. nostatic

EXPERIENCE The 2024 Titleist Vokey Experience

I expect mine will be on grass - that is my major consideration. I’m convinced that hitting a lot off mats hurt my elbows a few years back (still nursing them), and I take fitting results off mats with a grain of salt - particularly wedges.
  10. nostatic

EXPERIENCE The 2024 Titleist Vokey Experience

So I'm not going to the "Experience", but do have an in-person Titleist wedge fitting this Friday at a local course. Looking forward to it, very curious to see where we end up... Also looking forward to checking out the course - never played it, only driven by a couple of times heading to an...
  11. nostatic

You ever just get...bored?

well, a new wedge, even going pricey, is about $200. I have a new Collings coming next week that was close to $7K. That order of magnitude jump stings a bit 🙃 Then again, if you go custom shafts, etc, you're getting into guitar money. If only I still had that '65 Strat that I gigged back in...
  12. nostatic

You ever just get...bored?

I buy one club from something different and mess with that. If I like it, I order a few more, then cycle others out or keep as backup. In fact that reminds me I need to put a few Darkspeed irons up for sale here :D
  13. nostatic

What are your wedges of choice?

Recently picked up a Vokey SM10 60M and like it a lot. So much I'm doing a local Titleist wedge fitting session next week to add one or two others. Historically were Ping (still have an Eye2 grind that I like) and set gap wedge. Never did get along with Taylormade or Callaway for whatever...
  14. nostatic

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

For those playing along at home, I ended up doing the experiment and getting ZX5 8i bent 1 degree strong. Just hit that back to back with the ZX4 8i (standard loft) and damned if I didn't hit the ZX5 as long and more consistent. Something clicked, though I also changed my setup a bit to get...
  15. nostatic

Do you underestimate how much the golf ball changes things?

In my case, I have strong preferences for the feel of the ball so in that case I don't underestimate how much it changes my perception. I'm willing to sacrifice some bit of performance for a softer feel. But I'm also in the camp that is more focused on my experience on each shot as opposed to...
  16. nostatic

Jimmy Choo x Malbon

If you're rich enough you may not care. Or you just think others are jealous of your good taste. And model good looks and perfect physique. Beauregard, please bring around the Bentley, I think we'll hit Sardi's 🙃
  17. nostatic

Jimmy Choo x Malbon

1. some people have lots of money 2. some people like expensive stuff regardless of functionality 3. see #1 Saw plenty of Rolex commercials during the Masters. Arguably a Casio tells time better. While not an exact analogy, similar zip code. That said I do appreciate a nice mechanical watch...
  18. nostatic

So I got the 6H with the Tensei Blue 65R given how well I've gotten along with the 3+ Hywood. Have hit it a couple of range sessions and all I can say is these things just work. Interestingly the head is smaller than the G430 5H (which is 26*, the Cleveland is 27*) and also smaller than Smoke HL...
  19. nostatic

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

My most recent experiment has been with a few Darkspeed irons. I hit a number of balls with the zx5mk2 AW (50*) and DS GW (47.5*). I hit them the same distance (full swing) and my dispersion was tighter with the zx5. Totally ymmv but it convinced me to add a few more zx5. Am doing a Titleist...
Back