Search results for query: *

1. Howzat

WTB Left Handed Golf Clubs

My 13 year old son has grown out of his current set and basically needs everything but a putter at the moment. Looking for decent name brand game improvement type clubs but nothing too expensive or fancy. Length and Flex is not a huge factor as I have shafts etc to do the needed club work to...
  2. Howzat

What would you have for dinner?

Need some help from THP tonight. I can't decide:
  3. Howzat

How old where you when you had the best year of your career?

I am pushing 40 and but still think I have some of my best scoring years ahead of me. Maybe I am slow but I feel I am finally starting to understand the nuance of scoring vs. just smacking the ball around the course. With that said I can't play everyday like I did back in college so I will...
  4. Howzat

Bridgestone Tour B X-CB Irons Review Thread

I have a few rounds under my belt now with these in the bag and I am really impressed so far. I had been playing the 2014 Big Bertha irons for a few years now and was expecting this to be a really tough transition but that just has not been the case. My distances are spot on even though these...
  5. Howzat

THP Call Out: Puttin4Bird vs. Howzat - 5/16/2017

It's going down for real. Deets: Date: Tuesday the 16th of May Tee Time: 4:48pm Central Location: Bemidji Town & Country Club - https://www.bemidjigolf.com/ Playing from the tips - 6545 yards Tale of the Tape: This is my home course and it will be a solid advantage. Very narrow old school...
  6. Howzat

Driver Fitting Philosophy

I see a lot of discussion on driver fitting and I am curious on what people are looking to get out of a fitting and what kind of good and bad experiences you have had. Are you looking for the longest out there with little consideration of dispersion and miss hits? Trying to get the best of...
  7. Howzat

Howzat WITB

I am set for a while...or until the Tour B wedges arrive this fall.
  8. Howzat

WTB: Bridgestone West Coast Wedges in Liquid Copper

Long shot I know but if anyone has some in decent shape they wish to part with, please let me know.
  9. Howzat

WTB: Odyssey mallet head cover and a 14 way stand bag

Thought I would try here as I haven't found exactly what I am looking for through he usual outlets. Looking for a head cover the will fit my Odyssey Jailbird. Something cool like the goalie mask cover or really anything. Also looking for a 14 way stand bag like the Sun Mountain 4.5. Looking...
  10. Howzat

Golf Cart Buyers Guide

I am going to be in the market for my first golf cart here shortly. Other than using them occasionally, I really know almost nothing about the ownership or maintenance of one. Looking for whatever tips you can give me. It will be used for golf primarily but also as a people mover on occasion...
  11. Howzat

DeChambeau's success more important for Bridgestone or Cobra/Puma?

Both is not an acceptable answer. So which OEM needs Bryson to come through the most?
  12. Howzat

Team Strategy - What would you do?

Alt. shot w/ 2 man teams and stroke play. Your team is 1 stroke behind with 4 holes to play including the current hole. For the sake of this situation, you will be taking the next shot. It is a par 4. You have one ball sitting 2 that is fried egg in the bunker with 40 feet between you and...
  13. Howzat

Do you have an "Eleanor" club?

Is there a club or set of irons that you have lusted after for years but haven't pulled the trigger? Maybe a putter you can't quite afford?
  14. Howzat

Your score in PGA Tournament conditions

Now I am not talking US Open type conditions and you are playing a comfortable yardage, but I am curious if you think your scores would be lower, higher or about the same as normal. Pros: You get a caddie Course conditions are ideal Spotters and spectators on the course, so likely no lost...
  15. Howzat

Titleist - Timeless style or stale?

Watching the PGA event this week and see all these Titleist staff bags and hats that haven't changed in years. You are put in charge of marketing for Titleist. Do you change this up or leave it be. This is not meant to be a Titleist bashing thread. I am genuinely curious as I am torn on what...
  16. Howzat

The Yips

What part of your game tends to disintegrate rapidly without warning? My Chuck Knoblauch moments happen a few times a year where I hit these high huge sweeping hooks with my mid to short irons, especially on par 3's. They seem to come out of no where and go away without me understanding why.
  17. Howzat

2017 Unofficial Minnesota Event!!!

Just kidding, get yourself over to the Regional Rivalry thread and represent! https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?89184-THP-Regional-Rivalry-The-Battle-Lines-are-Drawn
  18. Howzat

Best Tech Story in Golf

With Callaway currently trying to market their new Jailbreak technology that seems to be a solid leap forward in driver technology, I was curious what tech stories have caused THPers to put certain clubs in the bag. I know I have had a SeeMore or two in and out of the bag for years due to the...
  19. Howzat

What do you look for when buying a new putter?

What draws you in and caused you to buy the putter that is now in your bag or you are currently pondering? - Brand? - THP reviews? - Finish? - Shape? - Insert? - Paint Fill? - Tech Story? - Tour Usage?
  20. Howzat

WTB: THP Mallet Putter Cover

Hit me up if you have one you are willing to part with, thanks!
Back