Search results for query: *

1. R

CONTEST The 2023 Masters Contest and Thread

Go Rahm as someone who worked the Masters twice in medical school and played course twice making up 4 shots very doable.
  2. R

How many putters is too many? LOL...

2 get one fitted and practice with the sole putter and move on. I myself play an old Cameron series 62 putter and it always performs if I practice enough. My other is my backup and pretty similar (old Boca putter similar specs) as I don't travel with primary clubs unless driving.
  3. R

What’s the Most Inspiring Thing Your Golf Coach Has Said About Your Swing?

Don't change it (Betty Dodd LPGA pro mentioned in Penick's Red Book) - I swing kind of like Trevino (sort of) and have had an albatross, shot 67, and won a club championship with it. It is a really goofy looking swing but it has worked before major injuries. Now I am a higher handicapper...
  4. R

ANNOUNCEMENT Signup Now Open: The 2023 Data Experience with Shot Scope

If not too late would like to enter and am an albatross member
  5. R

CONTEST 2022 THP Holiday Cheer Day 4: The Mystery

10 year old clunky but effective thermos water bottle. Old school caddie who walked off yardages - l no range finder in here but if I won won someday it would go in bag.
  6. R

CONTEST 2022 THP Holiday Cheer Day 1: Win New Irons

Replacing PXG 0211s (older generation) Thanks and happy holidays.
  7. R

EXPERIENCE 2023 Budget Championship with Bag Boy

Just renewed for great cause I trained there some as a pediatrician years ago and fabulous place. Good luck all
  8. R

Driver Shape?

Titleist makes the best looking drivers overall; but I can live with all the others - except most Ping - realize they perform well - most just don’t fit eye. But again giving a chance to fit any driver would start with including with the beautiful look that is Titleist.
  9. R

TOP 10 REASONS that driver is the most overrated club

There are valid reasons pros use launch monitoring to dial in spin and launch to maximize ball speed - a few more mphs at the highest level - maximized chance of winning. Most greats have been long to very long and at least reasonably accurate- Nicklaus, Woods Palmer Watson etc
  10. R

2022 Hurricane Season Thread

I was part of the public health response to Katrina and something about this storm's look going into it hitting shore has me worried. Have a friend evacuating Tampa with 2 dogs and it took hours to get 75 miles.
  11. R

What's the best golf souvenir that you own?

Worked the Masters two years medical school and it is a tie between my employee badge and my scorecards from playing 85-86 on the day each year allowed.
  12. R

Golf Course Memberships. Worth it or not?

I have had 4 private memberships different places and found them valuable both for golf and for social and career reasons. I no longer play enough to justify but have considered a social membership and some clubs here after 65 (turn this year) offer substantial discounts in the DC (but not the...
  13. R

Describe Your Last Birdie

Scramble but my shots used entire hole. 5 iron over water about 180 yards to about ten feet. Made a breaking putt.
  14. R

Bryson....where it all began.

Honestly the one guy on LIV I kind of still root for;. I remember he said he plans to give most of the money to go to charity he runs. He is just a different type of unique and talented dude who does things his own way, and was good for the tour and I miss seeing him there much more anyone...
  15. R

Bryson....where it all began.

Used to root hard for the guy as the greatest flake and nerd in golf who totally bombed it. Even more so after he finished top ten in long drive. Now he has left the tour for LIV so do not follow except in majors and he seems disinterested and like he has lost his game and former great...
  16. R

The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Like it or not this tour is likely here to stay in some format- still not a fan personally but one cannot deny they now have a substantial base of talent with a good percentage of recent major winners etc, and are obviously forcing the PGA Tour to react in kind with larger purses and revised...
  17. R

2022 weight loss and nutrition thread

They actually are prescribing this in the West right now in a few cities. I personally only believe it should be for the very obese if used as a possible alternative to bariatric surgery.
  18. R

thanks seems to be a consensus here!
  19. R

Question to all I have been approached as a doctor to get potentially tangentially involved in a private company that uses a ketogenic diet like a lot of others, the difference being for two week cycles they also put a pediatric feeding tube in the person’s nose and feed them entirely ketogenic...
  20. R

Tour Event 2022 Tour Championship

Among other things including for real world ranking points. As you said this is not an LIV post and PGA Tour also needs to improve things - some of what they are seemingly doing in a desperate way - that will seemingly help mainly the top tier - the rest to be determined
Back