Search results for query: *

1. T

Mizuno T7 Wedges

I can't believe I couldn't find a thread about these wedges on here. I have a few rounds in the books with them now and my love for them and confidence grows by the hole. They are available in lofts from 45 to 62 in 1 degree increments and high/low bounce options for every loft with a few...
  2. T

New Callaway Toys

My boss got a nice surprise today.... Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
  3. T

Tedfroops New Stuff (Until October)

With my new position I get a "players package" for the summer. You get to choose a manufacturer and get a bag of their clubs which you have the option of buying at the end of the season. Manufacturer is obvious.... JPX 900 Driver, 3 Wood, 5 Wood All Speeder Reg. MP25 3-P PXLZ 5.5 T7...
  4. T

TedFroop's WITB

Previous setup:
  5. T

Carpet Putting Habits

When you are carpet putting, do you wear shoes or slippers that put you at about the same height as you would be with golf shoes on? How would you rate your distance control?
  6. T

Vancouver Island Spring Golf

After 30 years working for the same company I am getting laid off about the end of March. They are kicking me out the door with a nice package including a year of severance, accrued vacation pay and more. The kick off to a summer off work and playing golf I am planning a trip out to Vancouver...
  7. T

Committing to the Shot

We all know that you should commit to the shot fully before stepping in. I know it too but there are times I don't do it and am still trying to figure it out over the ball. So here is the questions. Do you fully commit to every shot before you step in? Is it part of your routine to do...
  8. T

Change in Hand Position

I used to putt really well. Inside 10 feet I could get it in the hole very consistently. After a long layoff for back problems I couldn't get the ball in the hole at all. We are talking 40 putts a round last year. Changing putters, practice, nothing seemed to help. My Golftec coach said my...
  9. T

Visualizing on the Course

Playing in my playing lesson last week I had a moment of realization about my game. I hit an approach on 10 a little long and put it about a foot into the rough behind the green and the ball settled down a little. The green sloped somewhat steeply away back toward the fairway and I had about...
  10. T

TaylorMade Canadian Open Headcover

I just might grab one.... (from here)
  11. T

Dialing in Yardages

I used to be really decent at hitting to a yardage. I could pick a club and know to hit it hard/soft whatever to get close to where I wanted to be. I took time off for some back problems, came back played a couple years and decided I needed help. Took lessons this spring and now I am all out...
  12. T

Playing Lesson

I am going to be having a playing lesson next week for the first time. I have never done one before and I want to get all the good I can out of it since my sweet wife shelled out for it for my birthday. I would appreciate to hear your experiences and all the things you did and wish you had...
  13. T

Still in shock.....

Some of you heard of the flooding in Calgary. It was just as bad upstream. Two of the most beautiful serene golf courses I know of are gone. Kananaskis before: (1 & 10 on Kidd, Starters Shelter just showing in the top right of photo) After (the Starters shelter in the center of photo. Kidd...
  14. T

How long does it take you to hit when its your turn?

You are in a group of four playing a course none of you are familiar with and there are no yardage cards available. You get to the third tee and its a sharp dogleg left. How long does it take you to play your tee shot?
  15. T

Alberta Get Together

Anybody interested in getting together (for some of us) again this summer for a round? Renren has been bugging me to get this thread started so we can get more Alberta THP'ers together this year. We were thinking August again.
  16. T

Fred's GolfTEC Lessons Thread

I used to play a lot of golf and scored consistently in the low 80's but somewhere along the way an old back injury started getting worse and in order to make it to work everyday and pay the bills I put the clubs away, my dream of playing a round in the 70's unfulfilled. A couple of years ago I...
  17. T

Kananaskis - Mt. Kidd Course

I guess I said I was going to do all these so: Kananaskis was once a beautiful piece of Alberta mostly untouched by humans. There was a nice road, a few campgrounds and that was about it. When Calgary applied for the '88 Winter Olympics part of the plan was to move the downhill ski events to...
  18. T

Review: Banff Springs - The Stanley Thompson Course

Location: Banff, Alberta. Length: Black 6938, White 6389, Gold 5607, Red 4478 History: The Canadian Pacific Railroad had decided that one way to help pay for the railroad was to attract tourists to the Rockies. To this end grand hotels were built and recreation was created for those wealthy...
  19. T

The Needle

There are plenty of ways to needle and guys especially commentay guy and advice guy to throw them off their game a little and shut them up, like the old "do you breath in or out on your downswing?" What are some of the best ones you know?
  20. T

Setting Tee Height Consistently

When tees were shorter and drivers were smaller it used to be easy for me to set tee height consistently. Hold the ball wit my thumb against my palm, hold the tee with my index and driving finger until it was in the ground then extend my fingers and bend them aat the first knuckle and the tee...
Back