Search results for query: *

1. -CJ-

Are practice swings overrated?

I don’t think they are overrated. It depends on the player though. I don’t play enough nor do any practice sessions, so a practice swing is my way of feeling the swings intention and priming my body for what I want it to do. Now if you are the 5 practice swing before you finally set up to hit...
  2. -CJ-

Leaving Push Cart Mafia and back to Carrying

Minimalist here too. I have gone the other way, stopped carrying this year and got a Nitron based on the folks here telling me its great. I push cart even 9 holes now because to me it is great. I hear you on the freedom, carrying you can just go anywhere and take short cuts to the next tee.
  3. -CJ-

Push Cart with Stand Bag Recommendations

Thank you, seems logical to just carry those days.
  4. -CJ-

One last question, on muddy days how much of a pain is it to push and clean at the end? Or should I just carry those days?
  5. -CJ-

Thank you all for for your tips and ideas, I very much appreciate you great folks for taking the time to help. I ended up getting the BagBoy Nitron and so far it fits the bag tight and snug. Unfortunately its midwest winter so I may not get to use it until March. My gosh this thing is so simple...
  6. -CJ-

I just checked that thread Echico. Man it seems the Nitron folks sing its praises.
  7. -CJ-

Thank you very much BigDill. that is a huge help. That looks like it will work and with the bottom bungie to hold it tight. Now to find time and see the Nitron in person at the store.
  8. -CJ-

I could roll with the ping moonlite bag, my only issue with the pencil bag is with 14 clubs and a fat putter grip club tangle is an annoyance. I usually play 11-12 clubs but on longer or new courses I play 14.
  9. -CJ-

Hey y'all, looking for your input, I am looking into getting a push cart. I prefer to carry but on the days the back or body are screaming at me I would like to still walk but throw my stand bag on a good push cart. I have tried a few friends carts and notice that with the stand bags it gets a...
  10. -CJ-

Any righties putt left-handed?

Also I do wonder if eye dominance may play a part in being better puttering one side or other?
  11. -CJ-

Any righties putt left-handed?

I am what you describe. I play Righty and putt Lefty. I am a natural righty, but switch hit in baseball, prefer left hand layups and short left hand hooks in basketball, and fight southpaw. Golf I had a bad case of the yips with the shanks on full shots so tried going lefty. Never got on with...
  12. -CJ-

Review Club Champion $100 Fitting - July 9th

knowing his driver ball flight, if they are able to lower it he will easily be hitting them 290+. Great review
  13. -CJ-

Why do you practice the shots you do when you practice?

No matrix for me, not enough time to figure that out. I have worked out that my “half swing” back of stance choke up shot carries 30 yard less than stock for irons and wedges. My high fade choke up drops 5 yards from stock. My draw adds 5-10 yards from stock. My pull draw adds 30 yards. My thin...
  14. -CJ-

PGA Tour 2K

Sounds about right, good plan. I played last night but because of great weather I am either golfing in real life, practicing in real life, or gardening. This fall I will be pga 2k in full force again.
  15. -CJ-

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

If you are free on weekends and don't mind a drive, I know we always have 1 person cancel.
  16. -CJ-

Chicago loves golf!

welcome fellow Chicagolander
  17. -CJ-

What's the longest break you've had from golf?

Quit for 19 Years, came back in 2018.
  18. -CJ-

Youtube instructors.

That Danny guy seems to get the YouTube teaching. Simple, simple explanation, and one swing thought. I have gone down the YouTube rabbit hole. Once I dug myself out I found that I gravitated to Danny Maude for instruction and the rest just as entertainment to watch.
  19. -CJ-

Gas Prices: What are you paying?

$4.39 for 93. It keeps creeping up by 5 cents when everywhere else its dropping.
Back