Search results for query: *

1. ULEWZ

How bad is your golf game now that fall/winter is here?

For those of us fortunate enough to be able to play through the fall and winter, how bad has your game deteriorated if at all? I know, @Jman and @OldandStiff are still playing great LOL> I was shooting in the low to mid 80s, and now I am shooting in the low to mid 90s and I am one club length...
  2. ULEWZ

What is your Thanksgiving day weather forecast and are you playing?

I was hoping for good weather here in Georgetown Tx on Thanksgiving day, and looks like it will be. I will not be playing. What is your weather forecast and are you playing?
  3. ULEWZ

Does winter golf cause you problems?

I have no problem playing in the cold, but there are other issues from this like less ball travel and soft fairways. Many of us can play through the winter months, but there are consequences. I have trouble gauging distances (reduced in the cold) and hitting off the turf when the fairways are...
  4. ULEWZ

Do you winterize your sprinklers?

So we had our first night in the low 30s, so I winterized my sprinklers by turning off the SOV, draining the lines, and putting thermal covers on the hose bibs. Do you and if so, what does that entail?
  5. ULEWZ

How do you pronounce that delicious Peanut butter cup?

Do you pronounce it Rees-IS, like it rhymes with pieces: Or do you pronounce it Rees-EES?
  6. ULEWZ

Netflix going up again!

Updating prices to bring you more Hi Lew, We hope you’re enjoying everything Netflix has to offer. We’re updating the price of the Premium plan to $22.99, bringing your new monthly total to $22.99 on December 3rd, 2023. Your Membership Details: Current plan...
  7. ULEWZ

Do you get Jet Lag?

Lets say you are traveling from one coast to the other (3 hours difference), does the time difference affect you? I will say that the first couple of days I am tired at the usual time, but acclimate pretty fast after that. Lets not talk about travel regularity, oh my.
  8. ULEWZ

Whom have you never met, but feel like you have?

There are so many THPrs that I have not met, but feel like I have due to their posts. For instance, I feel like I have met @OldandStiff due to his great posts. So is there anybody you have not met, but feel like you have?
  9. ULEWZ

Finally my Personal Best under 80!

Well, after flirting with the 70s for a while (82, 83, and 84), I finally broke 80. I had 10 pars, 6 bogies, one double, and one bridie for a personal best of 79. It could have been much better as I had looks at birdy on most of those holes, one from 5 feet, but it rimmed out. I finally made a...
  10. ULEWZ

May limit Beers to two a week!

The Alcohol czar may limit beers to two a week. "Director of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) George Koob told the Daily Mail on Thursday that the U.S. may follow Canada's footsteps on alcohol guidelines." If this nonsense were to happen, would this affect you?o_O
  11. ULEWZ

Is your handicap slipping in this heat?

Man, I was on a tear with my golf game and was lowering my HC almost every month. Then the heat came and I am creeping up. Anybody have any issues since the heat came? In my case, we have seen 100+ degrees on the golf course for the last month. How is your HC (golf game) trending?
  12. ULEWZ

Are UFOs (now called unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP)), real?

So a friend of mine is always going on about UFOs and such, to which I always change the subject. With the recent news, maybe "they do exist". Do you believe or is this utter nonsense?
  13. ULEWZ

Is in Vehicle Navigation obsolete?

I am selling my Acura RDX today that has Nav and frankly, I never used it. Always relied on Waze or Google Maps. I just purchased a 2023 Ridgeline without Nav, and don't think I will miss it. So do you have built in Navigation in your vehicle and do you use it?
  14. ULEWZ

Do you own a pool? Would you?

It is hot in Texas, and the wife and I have been thinking about having a pool put in. Is the Pie worth the Dough? Pros and cons?
  15. ULEWZ

Is there anything worse than a coffee maker on the frits?

I love coffee in the morning, so does my wife, but this morning, the coffee maker starts acting up. I know we are on borrowed time with our Keurig (almost 2 years since new), but it always breaks at the worst times. It starting huffing and puffing, and only spits out 1/10 of a cup. Is anything...
  16. ULEWZ

Did you get a cup for Father's day?

I seem to get a cup every year on Father's day. I love them. You show me yours and I will show you mine. Here is mine from my DIL:
  17. ULEWZ

Describe your most resent "Craptastic" shot

When I say "Craptastic", I am referring to a mishit that ends up fantastic. Everybody has one, so describe yours here: My latest was a draw (read hook here) with driver that went OB about 5 yards into thick overgrowth. I went to where it went OB and was about to place my replacement ball down...
  18. ULEWZ

Is it bad form for LIV golfers to not wear team logos?

I noticed a few LIV golfers not wearing their team logos anywhere on their person, such as Harold Varner III. I thought he was the only one, then I see others like Brooks, and he is the team captain. Is this bad form? Granted, the name Range Goats does not scream coolness, but I like the logo...
  19. ULEWZ

The biggest dressing Faux Pas are?

You can choose more than one (4 total) as I know many of you have strong opinions on this. I am older and can be found sporting at least 4 of these dressing missteps on a given day (my son hates this and scolds me constantly).
  20. ULEWZ

It seems fanny packs are back in style for 2023

I just read that fanny packs are back in style for 2023. Not sure how I feel about this, but they sure are convenient. Thoughts (would you, could you)? FWIW, I do own one that I wear when mountain biking (has a secret pocket that is nice).
Back