Search results for query: *

1. madsquopper

Comments/help on my (un) John Rahm compact swing?

Any helpful observations appreciated. 67 y/o, flexibility is my main issue preventing length. Know my swing is compact/short and my instructor is having me work with what I've got and having me concentrate on improving lag and not coming over the top. Asking me to keep right elbow close to hip...
  2. madsquopper

Cool picture from today's round.

After I walked up to my chip, I saw this. Unfortunately it was a sidehill lie so I couldn't use the shadow as a putting guide. Did make the par putt.
  3. madsquopper

Putter weight insert question

Got fitted for a Taylormade DuPage putter last winter and love it. However, it started developing rust spots pretty soon afterward despite my being careful to keep it dry, and Taylormade generously sent me a replacement (I'll return the old one). The putters were identical except for the fact...
  4. madsquopper

What's considered a reliable swing?

So I'm struggling along at a 21HCP trying to improve further (this year have shaved about 5 strokes off my average). Have taken lessons and get in a decent amount of practice, and my main issue is too many chunks or thins (mostly chunks). Mostly from fairway woods down to mid-irons, then with...
  5. madsquopper

Can't seem to budge from 21 HCP

Been stuck in the mid nineties for almost a year with only one 89 so far. Took a set of lessons with an excellent instructor 1 to 2 months ago that definitely helped as long as can implement the changes, some of which were fairly different than my old swing. Main thing I'd like to do is develop...
  6. madsquopper

Hello from Northern Virginia

Retired a couple of months ago and spent last winter getting ready to take up golf (again, played all the time before going off to college and could shoot in the mid 80's back then). Got fitted and am starting out with a basic Strata Plus 16 set for now, although already don't like the driver...
Back