Search results for query: *

1. scott.french3

Which Scotty Cameron 2024 putter?

As part of the member guest tournament coming up in June, we will select and configure a 2024 Scotty Cameron putter. Need to decide by May 5. My current putter is a Taylormade MySpiderX at 33 inches with the small slant hosel. I'm thinking the Phantom will be the way to go. But, which model...
  2. scott.french3

Golf bag type

I've been on a golf bag journey of late. I started with a Titleist Hybrid 5 Stand bag that I like. When Covid hit, I opted for a Titleist Player's 4 StaDry to walk or use a push cart. Then, I won an Ogio cart bag with 15 club slots. Since I mostly ride, the cart bag works well. But, I kinda...
  3. scott.french3

One brand club fitting?

My club has a fitting day coming up next month. The pro shop is a Titleist branded shop. So, I will get to try the TSR 1, 2, 3 and 4 during the fitting with different shafts. I will of course baseline my current driver to see if the Titleist drivers offer improvements in distance and...
  4. scott.french3

Which club type changes the least in your bag?

For me, putter and fairway woods tend to stay in the bag the longest (assuming they continue to perform). Hybrids also tend to stay as long as they perform. Wedges change the most as they get used the most and wear out. Irons and driver could change out depending upon improvements in new...
  5. scott.french3

Buy 3 get one ball deals abound - which one?

The buy 3 get one free deals cover many brands which is awesome. I have found the ProV1, TP5 and Chrome Soft to all be similar and suitable for my game. Which one should I go with? All three are priced virtually identically.
  6. scott.french3

Titleist wedge fitting on Friday

My club is hosting a wedge fitting session on Friday for Vokey wedges. I signed up for the 45 minute fitting session. My current wedges are a couple of years old. Titleist actually offers the same shafts as I have in my Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges. They likely won't have them to try on...
  7. scott.french3

Wedge fittings

Since wedges are used for all kinds of shots around the green, in traps and for full and partial swing approach shots, how does a wedge fitting work at a place like Club Champion or other club fitting places? I can see where you get feedback on full and maybe half or 3/4 swing shots. But, not...
  8. scott.french3

What triggers you to seek a new iron set, driver, etc?

If you are pretty happy with your current set of irons, what triggers you to try out other irons? For me, I am playing the Srixon ZX5 irons and am very happy with them. But, they are showing wear and have been regripped several times now. They are likely due for regripping. Clearly...
  9. scott.french3

When do you switch to a new ball?

I can go several rounds without losing a ball, scuffing it or any other damage to the cover. Should I be starting each round with two fresh new balls or continue playing a ball until it is lost, scuffed or otherwise damaged? If the cover looks good, do you keep playing it?
  10. scott.french3

Callaway Driver upgrade?

I currently play the Epic Flash. I like the shaft in it and it has the same adapter as the later models. So, I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to consider upgrading to an Epic Speed, Rogue ST Max or Paradym. I am guessing there are forgiveness gains with the later models. Anyone done...
  11. scott.french3

Range session issues then fix

Went to the range this morning. After warming up, I started "S'ing" everything. You know, the hosel shots. Got frustrated. Then, thought through it and moved the ball off center towards the toe. Crisp contact returned. Need to figure out what changed to caise the"S" shots. But, it was a...
  12. scott.french3

Went back to my old driver

I was fitted with an XXIO Prime driver in January. It is a fairway finder. With the light set up, it is easy to swing especially late in the round. But. I had this feeling I was missing some distance off the tee. So, I took out my old driver, a Callaway Epic Flash this last weekend. First...
  13. scott.french3

How do you feel about a former tour pro winning the club championship?

Granted, he is in his mid 70's now. He won last year and this year in the championship flight. On one hand, good for him. He beat all the younger guys. On the other hand, he has competed and won on the PGA Tour. Your thoughts?
  14. scott.french3

Gamer gloves vs practice gloves

With the heat of summer, i decided to buy cheaper gloves for practice and keep the higher end gloves for during the round. I can sweat out any cabretta glove during a range session. No sense sweating up a 25-30 glove on the range.
  15. scott.french3

How often do you regrip your putter?

I have a Superstroke on my mySpiderX putter. It is starting to show it's age. Considering regripping but, it is a putter not one of my other clubs that needs a tacky grip. How often do you regrip your putter?
  16. scott.french3

Which graphite shafts for 54 and 58 degree wedges?

My irons have UST Recoil 760 ES Smacwrap F2 shafts in them. I probably could have gone with F3 but liked the feel of the F2. My wedges currently have DG S400 Tour Issue shafts in them (came standard that way). Considering switching shafts to be more like my iron shafts. My 8 iron currently...
  17. scott.french3

Best summer weather golf glove?

Since most of us don't get free golf gloves before every round of golf, what golf gloves hold up well in hot sweaty weather? It seems the premium leather golf gloves absorb the sweat and then stretch. Do you go with synthetic material gloves in hot weather? While I love the feel and...
  18. scott.french3

Getting frustrated with Club Champion

I had a fitting with Club Champion earlier this year and was fitted with a XXIO Prime 10.5 driver. After getting it and playing with it for several weeks, I noticed the grip was backing off the shaft such that I could bend back and forth the butt end of the grip or squeeze it with my fingers...
  19. scott.french3

Member-Guest coming up this weekend

It will be an interesting format. 15 flights. 5 best ball 9 hole matches over 2 days with points earned for winning or tying a hole. The team in each flight with the most points play an additional 9 hole shootout. We will be using both courses over the two days. Handicaps are used to create...
  20. scott.french3

Short list of hybrids to demo?

A PGA Tour Superstore gift card is burning a hole in my pocket. My current 5 hybrid is a Callaway Big Bertha. Thinking of upgrading as it is probably 5 yrs old now. Which ones to consider? There are too many to try them all. Also, shaft options will be important. I have UST Recoil in my...
Back