Search results for query: *

1. V14_Heels

Need help picking my gap wedge...

I'm a steep angle of attack, more of a digger, I struggle to shallow the club. My current wedge setup: PW/10i - 44* - I use this for full swings only and it plays about 130 yards. <Insert Wedge Here> - I'd like this for 120 yards Full swing club that will work ok out of rough and off...
  2. V14_Heels

LIV Docu-Series - Majesticks

Hmm, I didn't hate it.
  3. V14_Heels

For Sale SuperSpeed Training Sticks w/Speed Swing Radar - $200 Shipped

Increase that Swing Speed, these were tested on THP and people definitely found success with them - SuperSpeed Golf Training and Testing Thread Speeds Sticks w/Speed Swing Radar shipped anywhere to the 48.
  4. V14_Heels

"Just a water cup please."

Picture the common scenario where you order your food at a fast food or "fast fresh" type place where you opt for no purchased Soft Drink, but simply ask for a water cup. You now have the water cup here's where the question lies... Obviously, you can fill that cup with water using the Soft...
  5. V14_Heels

Rick Shiels vs. Ian Poulter

There's certainly some Rick Shiels and Ian Poulter haters up in here, but this video was just top notch in my opinion so figured it was worth sharing. It's almost solely because of Ian Poulter's ability to describe his golf thought process on camera. There's several long dialogs back and forth...
  6. V14_Heels

Wrist wrapping?

I'm golfing alot and I almost feel like my wrists are just in a permanent slight sprain at this point. I actually noticed Theegala wraps his wrists and was curious if it's worth trying. Does anyone use KT wrap or some other type of wrap to wrap their wrists? What are you using? Any pointers?
  7. V14_Heels

Swing Caddie SC4

I just did a search for SC4 and I don't even see a thread for this, I gotta be missing something. This thing looks like a pretty darn good budget option? https://voicecaddie.com/product/sc4-simulator-launch-monitor - $549 MAIN FUNCTIONS • Doppler Radar Launch Monitor & Simulator • Measures –...
  8. V14_Heels

Epoxy?

Dumb question here from a newbie. You all use the same Epoxy for curing a shaft into a head and for the grip? Or is it two different epoxies I'm looking for gripping vs. shafting? Hit me with some epoxy recommendations as well if possible, hoping I can just use an epoxy from Lowes?
  9. V14_Heels

3 Releases: The Short Game System - Never thought about shaft lean in chips like this til I real this...

I'm reading this book called 3 Releases: The Short Game System by Daniel Grieve. It's a fairly simple to read book that I think is pretty effective at illustrating three styles of chipping and when and how to use them. I'd recommend it if you want to better understand chipping but one section...
  10. V14_Heels

Range Session from Heck

I'm getting alot better, to the point where I can just feel like breaking 80 is in reach on my local course, but it certainly is not on the back of my Iron play. My irons are just something I can't freaking figure out, so it's not crazy for me to have an off session with irons. 3 days ago I did...
  11. V14_Heels

I don't want to swing "smooth" though...

This concept of "smooth" swing is something I see iterated over and over not only within the THP community but teaching videos alike. I've been following the UST Mamiya DART V TSPX Iron Shaft Review thread mainly because two guys I know...know their stuff in Jman and OldandStiff in particular...
  12. V14_Heels

For Sale Wedge, Seemore, Cobra 3W F9, Speed Trap

I got some random stuff that I need to clear out. All prices include shipping to the lower 48 paid via F&F Paypal. Callaway CB Mackdaddy 56* - $65 Shipped Cobra King F9 3W w/Regular Flex - $110 Seemore 34" Putter - $60 Mitsubishi Regular Flex Blue Driver Shaft - 65G - $60 Speed Trap 2.0 - $60
  13. V14_Heels

Another swing weight conversation? FW vs. Hybrid vs. Irons?

I want to reshaft my clubs as mentioned in other threads but I just can't come around what swingweight actually works and it's just near impossible to "test" them. I thought I wanted a heavier swingweight based on hitting fitter clubs that have the little adapter on the bottom that puts them...
  14. V14_Heels

Two 5 Woods & a rules question?

Ok, I've had this club in my bag for close to 3 years now. It is without question the club I can make the most consistent contact with and my favorite club in the bag outside of my putter. It's sitting the OEM Fujikura REGULAR flex shaft. I play Stiff and have been fit to Stiff in everything...
  15. V14_Heels

Help me with some more wacky formats for a foursome 2v2.

I would like to replace 3 or 4 of the Scrambles which is typically what I play with this group of friends. We're headed out to the course on my bday Sunday to have some fun and I wanted to create something a little crazy and fun. Does anyone a crazy format they've played before that I could add...
  16. V14_Heels

Budget Bare Minimum Tools for Reshafting?

I want to tinker with shafts far more than I am able to because I just can't afford to pay 30-45 bucks a pop for a reshaft. I play graphite and I think golf is here to stay so I'm ready to pull the trigger and have myself some form of a club building setup but what is the bare and minimum I can...
  17. V14_Heels

Can different shafts help with a rushed tempo?

I'm playing off a 16 handicap right now and live mostly in the low 90's, but have the ability to go low 80's if my tempo is on point that day. I'm currrently playing a 105 Xcaliber Rapid Taper graphite shaft in my Mizuno Hot Metals. My common miss isn't even debatable, it's a thinned ball, and...
  18. V14_Heels

Best Value Golf Destinations

If you could go anywhere in the world for a 10 day vacation solo mainly focused around golf but you don't have to pay over $150 for a round where you going? Looking at Early to Mid June.
  19. V14_Heels

Is there anything better than the Callaway Pre Owned Shop?

Sorry to be a homer, but I find myself continuing to come back to the Callaway Pre Owned shop to buy stuff I don't need because they just beat any market that is out there. I can't find the stuff cheaper on eBay and half of that stuff is fake. I wish every big brand would do this. I have no...
  20. V14_Heels

WTB Cobra OL Heads Speedzone, RAD Speed or LTDx

I'm willing to buy Cobra OL Heads - would like 5i through PW. Speedzone, Rad Speed and LTDx would all be fine. Might even be willing to go F9, but I feel like there was a decent step up when it hit Speedzone.
Back