Search results for query: *

1. PowerThrust

Ben Hogan Golf is Back?

Just read an article at My Golf Spy that Been Hogan Golf is Back in business.
  2. PowerThrust

Palm Golf discount gloves

***Not an affiliate link*** Hey all, I recently bought about 5 of these gloves at a great discount, regular price $30. They're going for $13ea and are labeled as having a defect in some way, so you choose the size and they send you a random design. I've used two of them so far and can't find...
  3. PowerThrust

Let's Play in Nashville

Hey all! Very last minute here, but I'm taking the kids to Nashville, Tn to see their Grandparents this week. Would love to get out and play a round of golf, between tomorrow and Saturday. Hit me up and let's go!
  4. PowerThrust

What would you do?

So I'll preface this post with, yeah, yeah, yeah, I already know this is the wrong place to take advice on whether or not to buy something new, but I'm going to pose the question anyway. For about a year now I've been gaming a Srixon z-585 driver. That driver has always performed pretty well...
  5. PowerThrust

New Hotness

Just had to share this. So the last couple of years I've been putting with some good mallet putters. An Odyssey Stroke Lab and a Taylormade Spider Mini courtesy of THP😁. While I've enjoyed some success with these two, I've struggled to stay consistent, always with a wandering eye at blade...
  6. PowerThrust

Putter Covers: Where to Look?

Ok, Ok, I know...SWAG, but where else do you get your putter covers? I'm in the market and I want something cool!
  7. PowerThrust

Know when to leave well and good enough alone!

You'd think after so many years of playing that I'd know better....wrong, lol. Played and practiced some last Wed/Thurs and was really hitting the driver well...had good command, so what did I do when I got on the range to warm up before Saturday's round? I got a wild hair and decided to try...
  8. PowerThrust

Funny face

A week or so ago the head pro pointed out my hips bring out of alignment with my shoulders at setup. So in correcting it I'm fidgeting around to get it right. Like any change in golf, it feels UNNATURAL. I laugh at myself because I noticed I'm doing some really weird contortion with my jaw...
  9. PowerThrust

What got you started

What or who got you into golf? My dad got me started. Taught me everything he knows, endured the rough beginning as a youngster. Brought me along to play with his friends even if it might've annoyed them because I wasn't quite ready maybe... Didn't take long before it annoyed them because I was...
  10. PowerThrust

I guess it's true

They say you wake earlier as you age... Seems to hold water, I've been waking up earlier and earlier it seems. Beats the alternative I suppose!
  11. PowerThrust

What the heck!!

What the heck happened to fall weather!?!?
  12. PowerThrust

Unsolicited Advice

I was hitting some range balls last week and the head pro was driving around talking with folks. He stopped and asked me why I wasnt shooting in the sixties with that smooth swing?? He then asked me to aim at a specific spot and pointed out that my hips are aimed far left of my intended...
  13. PowerThrust

Moveu?

Anybody here have any experience with Moveu? I was listening to a "On the Mark" podcast where the Moveu founder was on and it sounded interesting for someone like me who's body has sustained some injury over the year, but believe the right physical activity might correct/assist rather then just...
  14. PowerThrust

A Laugh At My Expense

Played yesterday and I had something of a "Paul Casey" like moment on the 18th hole at my home club. My buddy and I pulled up to my ball in the fairway and it was a good lie, about 8-10 yards past the marker in the ground. There was a decent one club breeze in the face, so I pulled an 8 iron...
  15. PowerThrust

The Struggle is Real

Living in Middle Georgia and playing in it all the time, is it wrong that I'm enjoying watching the best in the world struggle, relatively, hitting it from the Bermuda rough?
  16. PowerThrust

Golf Podcasts

So I just recently started listening to podcast to follow my favorite football team/news/etc, so I'm very new to "podcasting". Just started listening to Feherty, he's really funny, and also started listening to Mark Immelman. He's got some very interesting nuggets he shares from multiple...
  17. PowerThrust

Most Emulated Pro

Freddy Couples! Grew up watching so many good golfers. Probably at the golden years of the Golden Bear and the beginning of Tiger's reign... But it was always Freddy and his sweet swing that I would emulate. Who did you idolize/emulate growing up?
  18. PowerThrust

Growing the game, the right way

I had the chance this afternoon to play with my oldest son. He only became interested about 6 months ago. He's 17. No tee time, just warmed up and the other told us to get it there at 5:04. Well, there was a fivesome teed off in front of us, older gentleman. I figured they'd let us through...
  19. PowerThrust

Shaft Selection: did I make an error?

I recently changed out my entire bag, for an upgrade that was about 15 years overdue. The most significant change I made is my iron set, Ben Hogan DBM Ptx Pro's w/UST Recoil 780 F4 with SMACWRAP. I didn't want to post this on the Ptx Pro review thread, because I love the clubs and have said as...
  20. PowerThrust

Callaway Rogue Driver Cracks

Played golf yesterday with a friend of mine from out of town. We've got a really good local club fitter/builder that he always buys from. About a year ago he bought a Callaway Rogue driver and since then, he's had it replaced 3x due to failure on top where the composites bind with the metal...
Back