Search results for query: *

1. MaconDawg

Your favorite style of pizza

Neapolitan, then New York, charred with imported meat
  2. MaconDawg

Favorite State to Golf In

I love Montana myself, but I've never played a round there. Mostly fishing, drinking beer and chasing women in my early 20's. I would imagine the courses are, like you said, gorgeous. It's a kind of paradise there. Spent a good bit of time around Livingston and Glacier. Planning on taking my...
  3. MaconDawg

A Break in Playing

If you ever come down thru Atlanta, you're welcome to to contact me & I'll get you on my course. About an hour south of Atlanta. You can generally play year round, with some exceptions. I doubt a Canadian would find our worse days too extreme
  4. MaconDawg

A Break in Playing

I started playing again in July of this year. I played for 18 months in High school when I got a job in the cart shed at the local track, which led to my unspectacular HS golf team career. I did shoot a 77 one time in a tournament. Was proud of that. So 25 years basically. Pretty much a start...
  5. MaconDawg

Price conversation: equipment or course price worst?

Took my honeymoon in British Columbia on Vancouver Island up to Tofino. Been to Vancouver several times. Incredible place. As pretty as it gets. I couldn't afford to live there though and still do the things I like. Here I can play golf cheap and housing is cheap too. 3,500 sq foot house on 5...
  6. MaconDawg

No, actually it's Private. It's really nice too. Hosts some small college tournaments. Greens consistently over 10 stimp. Locker room/showers/Grill all new and high quality. It's a blessing to us for sure. Everything in my area is cheap. Cost of living is real low. Reading these comments, I now...
  7. MaconDawg

Golf is expensive for sure. But at about $3 million to build a average course + whatever the ~200 acres and clubhouse costs, it's understandable. I'm lucky I suppose. My club is pretty dang nice. $250/month for my family of 3. We walk so no cart fees. Range balls are free. Together we play about...
  8. MaconDawg

Grizzled veteran golfer advice needed

old slewfoot's help me. I am getting back into golf after a long hiatus. Man has equipment changed! I got rid of my 1989 Hogan blades (original grips) and my 1988 Taylormade burner. Picked up a new set of Taylormade irons & woods and a new putter. New bag. And all the other stuff you need...
  9. MaconDawg

Checking in from Georgia

Getting back into the game after 25 years. Was pretty decent back in the day. Planning on stepping it up. Home course now is The Brickyard in Macon. Played a lot of rounds at Glen Arven in Thomasville and at the UGA course. Glad to be here now
Back