Search results for query: *

1. quod erat

What golf stuff did you buy today?

After someone broke into my detached shed and absconded with my fully loaded bag this winter -- I bought all the golf stuff today this week.
  2. quod erat

What's your most luxurious golf purchase

I replaced a broken 7 iron (by "broken" I mean that the badge on the back shattered ... "technically", maybe, still playable) with a 7i I have no business playing .... but oh does it feel great when it connects just so. But the honest answer is always golf balls. By definition, paying for...
  3. quod erat

Has the delay in shipping from manufacturers turned you off from purchasing equipment this year?

Definitely. I'm in the market for new irons, but our season is done in October, so I rather work on my swing and go for a fitting early next year (or, if the delays hold, right at season's end, hoping to have my new set by April!).
  4. quod erat

Some Like It Hot - What's Your Favorite Temp To Play?

Any temperature that's not humid. I happily played in the high 90s/low 100s dry weather here last week. Our winters are unplayable from November through April, so I play in whatever summer gives me.
  5. quod erat

Is Your Course Still Taking Covid-19 Precautions ?

Sort of. Still maintaining longer gaps between tee times (but not really enforced), shallow holes, no flag removed, no scorecard, club house restrictions. But carts are allowed, people aren't distancing, bev cart is making its rounds.
  6. quod erat

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

HEY NOW ....
  7. quod erat

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Hey now ....
  8. quod erat

Do you carry a "rock" club?

Same. I don't play money games or competitions, just friendly friend-rounds, so whenever I'm at risk of damaging the club, the ball gets moved to a safer space. I just try to make sure to not give myself too much of an advantage (e.g., if I'm on top of a root by a tree, I'll move it backwards...
  9. quod erat

Stock Market & Retirement Planning

What did you buy, S&P futures?? :)
  10. quod erat

Describe your Golf Style?

Whatever Coolibar sells that's golf-appropriate; usually shorts + long sleeve collared shirt. Sun protection > style (I'm not good enough at golf for style to matter...).
  11. quod erat

Masks on the Golf Course?

Same here. I have one in my bag; will wear it when I check in or when I can't avoid getting close to people. On the course, with my core group of social distancers, I remove the mask, because we're smart enough to stay far enough away from each other. And without getting too deep into this...
  12. quod erat

I Have Only Myself to Blame

Not rare. I mean, I have an interest in playing them. I just know that between the 1.5 rounds/week I can fit in at best, with near-zero range time, there's no way I could play them well, so why bother. But someday, I'll get to play every day, and I"ll hit the face-center 98% of the time, and...
  13. quod erat

I agree. The markets have been very stable, from a technical perspective -- no flash crashes, plenty of bids and asks on all levels, etc. Crazy volatile, but well-functioning.
  14. quod erat

Stuck between clubs; which way do you go?

Look at the course. Is it better to be long or to be short?
  15. quod erat

That really depends on your time horizon. Gold went from the $2000s down to the 400s between 1980 and 2000. Straight down for 20 years. If you have a REALLY long investment horizon and can stomach that, sure, but I wouldn't call gold a safe investment by any measure.
  16. quod erat

Most forgiving Driver for a high handicapper?

In the same club here. Pretty even range vs. course with drivers and irons. But those fairway woods? I SMOKE them off the deck at the range, and slice them 40 feet @80 degrees straight into the water on the course.
  17. quod erat

Driver Length: What is your driver playing at?

Cobra's tour length, whatever that is. But the more relevant answer is: always 0.5" shorter/longer than what it should have been to hit a perfect drive.
  18. quod erat

I do some day trading, though only in a funny-money account I can afford to lose. Most of it is automated. Interactive Brokers is good for serious day trading, but only if you trade enough to offset the additional data feed costs they charge. For something powerful but less complex, I highly...
  19. quod erat

That's the way to do it if you have the cash.
  20. quod erat

I don't think economic numbers matter much right now, even a crazy unemployment number like we just got. It's all COVID and it's all financial market stability. If there was a macro-number I'd be looking at, it'd be consumer sentiment -- how comfortable are we going back to Disneyland and into...
Back