Search results for query: *

1. B

Indoor putting surface help

Hey all, so my best friend finally got into golf. I wanna get him a kick a— bday present. An indoor putting mat/surface. for background, he is bonkers rich. I am not. As a result, I get to play his club ($50k a year), and his business partners clubs (all $50k+ a year) for free like once a week...
  2. B

Teaching a new golfer, gold instruction vacations

One of my best friends yesterday told me he wants to commit to learning golf. After some back and forth, we both thought immersion learning would be his best bet. He is a strong guy, tall, and fairly athletic. I don’t want to have anything to do with teaching him since I am a 16 handicap and...
  3. B

Wine gift advice.

I don’t drink. Haven’t in years. Need some advice. A couple I am friends with but not BFF close to is watching my dog for me while I go on a golf trip. I was going to get them either two $75 bottles of wine, or one $150 bottle of wine. Our mutual friends tell me these people know wine so...
  4. B

Bandon Trip suggestions.

Bandon is booked. 5 rounds, caddies, 2 rooms. Questions: 1) resort stay or beach house? Beach house is much cheaper, is the resort worth the extra money? 2) is bandon preserve worth playing, or okay to skip? 3) any golf out there that’s not on the resort?
  5. B

Ogilvy on the women’s game.

So I thought about what he said, and figured he may be on to something. Logistically could a tournament be conducted at the same time for men’s and women’s US Opens? Obv they’d have mens and women’s tees, but could it be done... could Sunday at the US Open have a final foursome of the two...
  6. B

Golf and the Broad scheme of life

A year ago today, we lost my mom very young to a degenerative neurological condition called progressive supranuclear palsy. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. If you’re ready to have your morning ruined, google it’s symptoms/effects. If not, take my word for it. she was at the gym for...
  7. B

FS— Garmin G8 GPS $175 or BO

I am selling a Garmin g8 gps I got in August. I would guess about 25 rounds were played with it, works great. Adjusts for elevation. Good unit. Here is the link to the product On Garmin website. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/144530 pics are of actual unit.
  8. B

Sleeves for sleeveless temperatures

I like wearing sleeves when I golf. Problem is when it’s 80 degrees, I am not sure what to wear. I always wear slacks. When we’re in the 60s I can wear a mock turtleneck or Underarmor and a polo. when it’s hot, I want sleeves to protect me from the sun, but everything is way too hot on the...
  9. B

PXG vs Club Champion vs Other fitting

My exotic driver shaft broke in transit. I’m getting a check. I also have a free driver fitting at club champion. I need a new driver. Options: 1) use existing titelist 913d2 driver head on a new shaft. This is most cost effective but I don’t know how old the tech on the 913 is. Is it time...
  10. B

Trip to Tampa.

Coming down on a Saturday in Feb and can play 36. Looking for advice. The afternoon round can be either Tampa Palms or Hunters green. (I Only have privileges after noon). We need to find a morning round. Was thinking about one of the two at saddlebrook and then head over to TP or HG...
  11. B

FS-Garmin G8 GPS

Bought a Garmin G8 GPS a few months ago. Have no issues with it. Battery is great (3 rounds between charges). All in all a great unit. Don’t need it because of the ping sensor promo. $200 shipped to the lower 48. I don’t have the box anymore but you get the belt clip, charging stuff and unit.
  12. B

Streamsong trip is booked!!

Going to stream song and playing black blue red (in that order) over three days. any advice/guidance? I’m assuming walking is the right way to do it, and with a caddie?? Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks.
  13. B

Shot tracing apps

Looking for a good app to help with video analysis of my swing. I would like to hit and video five balls, and swings, look at, analyze, etc, and then hit another five, etc. (intentional practice makes perfect). many guidance on the best app for this? Wasn’t sure if a shot tracer was a good...
  14. B

What to do after a lesson...?

I’m a completely self taught 16 handicap... For the first time, I took an awesome lesson with an instructor who is considered to be the cat’s pajamas. I intend on continuing with him on a regular basis. He said my swing fundamentally needs to be changed if I want to more consistently have...
  15. B

Do shoes matter? If so how much?

I have an old pair of spikeless? Nikes. You can’t change out the spikes. They are “permanent” to the shoes. Shoes are comfortable. I feel my feet slip on drives (I also have a terrible swing so who knows what the cause is). I’ve seen guys okay well in tennis shoes, so I’m wondering how much...
  16. B

Handicap Questions

My question is about the “home and away” for inputting scores. I signed up for a NCGA e-club to get a discount on some golf out in Cali. I use that even though I live in NJ. I use home if I’ve played the course enough to know it. Regardless of distance from my actual home. I use away when...
  17. B

FS: Scotty Cameron Putter and Callaway Bag

For sale: Payment by Zelle. Buyer pays additional shipping. - used RHScotty Cameron Select GoLo 5- $185 (obo). I lost the Scotty headcover. I’ll send it with the one I got at dicks. -used callaway warbird Stand bag. - $60 (obo) -one dozen maxfli softfli balls (new) $10 Pics:
  18. B

FREE* Dog Headcover to a good home

Hi! i ordered a custom headcover of my dog. He is a shiba inu. They don’t make very many of those over the counter. It will be here in two weeks. The headcover I have now is of a golden retriever type dog. (See picture). I will give this to whoever posts a pic of their dog and it looks like...
  19. B

Help finding a bag

Hi all. I recently upgraded every club in my bag, and got a custom head cover. I should be happy. But I am only 99% happy. Sadly, I hate my bag. I have two bags. My stand bag is great, just ugly. The straps are in a spot where it’s basically all you see. My cart bag is lovely but it has no legs...
  20. B

Efficiently playing the top 100.

Hello all, As I mentioned in my intro post, my goal is to play the golf digest top 100 (open to the public). Some of the courses are clustered together which allows for efficient trip planning. I thought I would share what I did, what I would do different, etc. maybe if one of you has done the...
Back