Search results for query: *

1. S

New Orleans golf 3/5

I’ve been hearing good things about the the reno at Metairie but mostly from people who don’t really play that much. I played there growing up and I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the new course.
  2. S

Planning to Complete the RTJ

- Magnolia Grove/Lakewood - Wait until a beach vacation - Ross Bridge/Oxmoor/Silver Lakes - Birmingham Trip (Pursell Farms is a must play) - Cambrian Ridge/Capitol Hill/Grand National - Best Trip on the Trail. We played Cambrian Ridge on the drive in then rented a nice house on Lake Martin...
  3. S

2 week golf viewing trip

RBC Canadian Open - St George’s (#59 world) US Open - The Country Club (#49 world) Travel from Toronto-Montreal-VT-NH-ME-MA and play some version of this course list: Eagle’s Nest Black Bear Ridge/Smuggler’s Glen Mont Tremblant (Le Geant/Le Diable) Jay Peak/Spruce Peak/CC of Vermont Omni...
  4. S

Name A State You Want To Play In!

North Dakota. Underrated -> All of New England, Blue Ridge Mountains, Colorado.
  5. S

Your Personal Top 10 Courses

In no particular order… Public - Greywalls - The Wilderness Club (MT) - Royal New Kent - Old Toccoa Farm - Shadow Creek - Prairie Club - Cape Arundel - Wine Valley - Mossy Oak - Black Mesa Private - Wade Hampton - Davenport - The Honors Course - Shelter Harbor - The Ledges (AL) -...
  6. S

When stability seems to be lost in a round - the high and low days.

Golf is the only game in the world where you can go from genuinely feeling like you’ve figured everything out to being so lost and clueless in a 10 minute span. If I had the answer to your question mid round I’d be playing on TV.
  7. S

Favorite feeling in golf?

Not to get too deep but I all of my favorite moments/feelings playing this crazy game have been intangible. 1. Every once in awhile I’ll be out there either by myself or with some friends and have just an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for every thing in my life. It could be because of good...
  8. S

What's your favorite course you've ever played?

Greywalls absolutely blew me away when I played it a few years ago. On another post talking about what’s the best course in terms of value you’ve ever played Greywalls was a no brainer (I think I paid something like $60). I’m convinced it would get a lot more praise if it was somewhat closer to...
  9. S

Atchafalaya at Idlewide

It’s one of the very few courses in Louisiana worth going out your way for. I’ve heard the bunker conditions have been bad in the past couple of months but overall it should be a great day. I’ve played it a few dozen times and I have only seen a handful of other people out there. The restaurant...
  10. S

Course recommendations near Lafayette LA.

Sounds like a good time. I had way too much fun in that city for the short time I lived there. Hope you enjoy yourself.
  11. S

Course recommendations near Lafayette LA.

The Wetlands is the only public course worth playing in Lafayette. Kosati Pines is about an hour West of Lafayette and is definitely worth checking out. If you are going to be around New Iberia then go play Atchafalaya down HWY 90 in Patterson. Course conditions down here are very sporadic but...
  12. S

Criquet Polo Shirts

Definitely a more slim fit than most brands. I don’t know the name/model of my shirt but it’s super comfortable. It’s some kind of stretchy cotton material that’s unlike any other golf shirt I own and it looks great off the course as well.
  13. S

Best business backpack?

Nomatic Travelpack. No way you could be disappointed.
  14. S

Sandestin/Destin golf

Windswept Dunes is my favorite and is usually less crowded. All the others you listed are usually kept in great shape and will all play & feel very similar. Out of those Kelly Plantation is the best IMO. There is another course at Sandestin called The Links which personally I enjoy more than...
  15. S

Describe Golf in Your State

Go somewhere else
  16. S

Mesquite or Bend?

If the main focus of the trip is golf then Mesquite is definitely the better option. Wolf Creek, Sand Hollow & either Coyote Springs/Conestoga mixed in with some Vegas mischief is a pretty solid itinerary. When I use to travel a lot for work, Bend was definitely one of the coolest cities I took...
  17. S

What "Top" courses did you play this year?

Favorite -> Old Toccoa Farm Coolest Experience -> Black Creek Club in Chattanooga Most Surprising/Underrated -> The Ridges at Village Creek
Back