Search results for query: *

1. Diane

A Mini-Outing in MA

Soxy, v3.0 and I played golf together yesterday. I had a blast. It was a bit windy, but otherwise we had perfect weather. They are both so much fun to play with. V3.0 is a bit camera shy, but he took this picture of Soxy and me. Soxy is the one in the skort and I'm the one in a golf skirt.
  2. Diane

A Peeps Tribute

I'll be honest - I think Peeps taste horrible, but they're still part of our culture and deserve a bit of recognition. This is one of my favorite Peeps pictures - "Stripping Peeps". I know WSE has a few as well - hopefully, he'll stop in and post them. What is your favorite Peeps picture?
  3. Diane

Stats - Measuring Putts

Ok - I admit that I don't follow the stats of professional golf, but thought this article from today's WSJ was very interesting. A Stat Is Born: Golf's New Way to Measure Putting
  4. Diane

The Mulligan

I don't really understand the mindset of someone who takes mulligans. Even if I play in a charity outing and buy them, I don't use them. I have found that when I do - I hit the same bad shot twice. I think most people do. I also admire anyone who can make a great recovery 2nd shot. Wouldn't...
  5. Diane

The Worst of the Worst

Ok - we all manage to hit bad shots every so often or quite often, but which one annoys you more than all the others. Is it when you top it, blade it, whiff it or shank it? I know there's more, but as most of you know - I don't speak golf very fluently. Which lousy shot makes you want to hit...
  6. Diane

Happy Birthday Esox!

Happy Birthday Kevin! :cake::cake::cake: I think it's today, but if I'm wrong - it's tomorrow.
  7. Diane

One Shot At A Time

In another thread, SD advised Sean to play one shot at a time. That got me thinking - are you able to only play one shot at a time? Or is that a challenge for you and do you think it adversely affects your round?
  8. Diane

Diane's Review of the Vanitee

First - I love the name - Vanitee - I just love saying it - Vanitee. My package arrived today and even though I saw the photos that others posted - I wasn't sure what to expect. The Vanitees are hard plastic and at first glance look like a fun children's toy since they're the colors of Good &...
  9. Diane

Swing Thoughts?

TCalloway and I were chatting about what goes through our minds as we address the ball. Right now - since I'm in the middle of lessons - I just think about hinging my wrists. I asked my father and he said he envisions where the ball will go. What are you thinking about as you address the ball?
  10. Diane

A Gift From Golf Chick

I love getting gifts and Golf Chick sent this to me today. She knows how much I like Hello Kitty. Isn't it great - it can clip onto my golf bag. That was very sweet - thank you Golf Chick.
  11. Diane

What Is A Cheater?

Several things have gotten me thinking about who is and who isn't a cheater when rules are broken in golf. There are so many rules and some are open to interpretation so many people can't retain them or even figure them out. Yes, Fourputt - I know you can. If you break a rule when you don't...
  12. Diane

Loss & Cost

I lose a fair amount of golf balls, but don't worry about it because I never pay for any myself. However, when GG sent me the Lady iQ Plus to try and the pro shop gave me a Penta - I started thinking about losing the ball. It was an odd feeling and not entirely bad in some situations because I...
  13. Diane

Reversible Courses

I was reading an article in Golf World about 9-hole courses and they talked about reversible courses. I've never played one. Has anyone? I'm curious about them - can you describe playing one?
  14. Diane

Another Little Quiz

One of the first Pro-Am's was first played in 1937. What celebrity was the driving force behind it? Where was it first held? What was the tournament called in 1937? What is the tournament called today?
  15. Diane

Happy Birthday Jefffann!

Happy Birthday Jeff! :cake::cake::cake: I hope that wasn't a secret.
  16. Diane

Your Super Bowl Treats

I saw this in yesterday's NY Times and thought of - who else - Gasman. He really does occupy my thoughts way too often. :banghead: Well - that's neither here nor there. What are you planning to make to nosh on this Sunday? Pigskins In Play
  17. Diane

What Interesting/New Thing Did You Learn Recently?

I went to a lecture last night given by the author's of The Italian Farmer's Table. It was quite good and I can't wait to try some of the recipes in the book. Gasman - I thought of you when they talked about eating lardo. Anyway - I learned that cheese made in the Winter tastes different...
  18. Diane

"Celebrity Deathmatch"

After reading a recent exchange on here - a great visual of "Celebrity Deathmatch" popped into my mind. I loved that show. Anyway - I was chatting with Kevin and started thinking about different match-ups. There were a lot of great match-ups over the years, but who would you like to see?
  19. Diane

What Do You Plan To Purchase?

Many of you know I work in marketing research and those who don't know I'm just nosy. After reading about the various vendors at the PGA Show, how likely is it that you will buy one of the products you read about here at THP? Were you already thinking of buying that product whether it's golf...
  20. Diane

When Will Tiger Return?

Ok - everyone is speculating when Tiger will make his return. What tournament do you think will be his first one back and why? How much will his concerns about his image play into his choice? Will he want to make a splash or return quietly?
Back