Search results for query: *

1. Ockham

Sunday Bag?

Check out the Mizuno BR D2.
  2. Ockham

Contest: Pick the Winner of the 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra PUMA Golf

Team Paradise ! Speedzone Extreme . 10.5*, Black/White preferred Right hand Reg flex Thanks for the contest and have fun, fellers.
  3. Ockham

Ping Zing 2 or Ping ISI / K?

I’ve held on to some of my “classic“ Pings. Still occasionally bag BeCu Eye2’s or BeNi ISI’s. I had a set of Zing2’s that I didn’t like as well. Eye2 wedges are still hard to beat IMHO, and I prefer the Eye2 irons slightly to ISI irons. Both sets are awesome. Has anyone reshafted classic...
  4. Ockham

Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

It looks a lot like the Fusion, and that club inspires tee-box confidence in me. The shape is unequivocally my cup of tea.
  5. Ockham

Looking For Testers: Cleveland SOFT Premier Putters

Playing a TaylorMade Ardmore 2. I'd like to try that 10.5c in 34".
  6. Ockham

7 Hcp vs. 1 Hcp'er, any chance?

Congratulations. All the pressure is squarely on him. Enjoy the ride.
  7. Ockham

Looking For Testers: Callaway Big Bertha B-21 Drivers and Hybrids

What is your current driver and hybrid? Big Bertha Fusion, Callaway Super Hybrid What do you like most about what Dnevs said in the live stream? I've been juggling drivers the past couple years (Fusion, Rogue, Epic Flash SZ, Mavrik). I keep coming back to the Fusion (under-rated club, IMHO)...
  8. Ockham

Simulator Golf: Favorite Courses

I played Valderrama a few times this weekend. Great course. I didn't like it too much the first round, because I felt like I kept getting punished on what I thought were good tee shots. Eventually, the light bulb turned on and I got more creative off the tee and learned a few things. I've...
  9. Ockham

Callaway shipping delays

I ordered a set of irons with expected 1-2 week delivery about a monh ago. After a week it was showing up as backordered for an additional 2 weeks. I emailed, requesting a refund so that I could then purchase an in-stock ”like new” substitute. My original order arrived a couple days later...
  10. Ockham

Callaway Instagram

It’s up on Callaway’s site also.
  11. Ockham

Callaway Instagram

Update to the Fusion line?
  12. Ockham

how do you find your ideal swing tempo?

That's a good point. In my case, it's more of a mental pause that allows me to "load" by slowing my upper body into transition. If you're watching me, there is no discernable stop in motion, just a slower transition. I'm probably not explaining it very well. But if I get quick, I tend to...
  13. Ockham

how do you find your ideal swing tempo?

I don't think about tempo. I sometimes focus on a very short pause before transition to downswing. That seems to improve tempo more than anything else I've found. My key is to pause and think "drop" when I get to the top. It also seems to help me get shallow.
  14. Ockham

To Chipper or not to Chipper

One course that I regularly play has super tiny greens. Most are sloped front-to-back and there are no bunkers guarding the center front approach. The size of the greens is a challenge and anything long faces a tough lob back to a green sloping away from you. So it's almost always best to...
  15. Ockham

Heartbreaker Today at the U.S. Amateur

I never said, or implied, that I wanted either player to win or lose. I said I’d rather my son win outright, than win on my complaint. I find it duplicitous to say that you don’t want to win “that way” when your team obviously did want to win “that way”. There is no argument that a rule was...
  16. Ockham

Clearly, it was a rules violation. But it was a great match that was decided on an infraction by a local caddy that was called out by his opponent’s father. Strafaci also comes from a pretty storied golf family, with their share of previous notoriety. I don’t know anything about Oliva-Pinto...
  17. Ockham

Correct. My bad. Thanks for clarifying.
  18. Ockham

Maybe that was it, but I couldn't really make out what was being said exactly. Still, he came off as an overzealous Little League parent to me. His son did seem to be disappointed to win that way, but I doubt that he felt very different from his Dad, who clearly wanted to win that way. I...
Back