Search results for query: *

1. C-Tech

Range Balls

I am beginning to wonder if hitting balls on the range is worth the effort. Seems like they fly anywhere from 10-25% less distance than normal balls so I end up swinging harder because suddenly, my 7 iron can't get past 145, etc. Does anyone else notice this and does it bother you? I feel like...
  2. C-Tech

Serious Head Problem

I am having a serious problem that has me ready to give up the game. I cannot play the back nine. In recent weeks, I have had rounds of 37/50, 39/46, 37/48, 39/45, and Saturday I lost it. I shot 39 on the front and then double-bogeyed the first 4 holes on the back. At that point, I just packed...
  3. C-Tech

Golf's not frustrating.

God, I love this game. It will make you feel like you can fly, then burn your wings and force you tumbling to the ground. I spent a week of vacation just working in the yard in the AM and playing golf every afternoon. I shot 76, 75, 79 on successive days, only to post a 90 on the next. Same...
  4. C-Tech

Return of Player's Clubs

I have been surprised lately to see many golf companies bringing out players clubs, many of the forged! Wilson has their Tour Forged on the market, Callaway has the Diablo Forged and I even saw that Adams (the ultimate SGI company) has brought out the CB1 and CB2, both clubs with minimal...
  5. C-Tech

Did you ever notice....

....how good and bad rounds seem to feed on themselves? I played last Tuesday and posted a 79 while today it was a 94. a 15 stroke difference with the same equipment during very similar conditions. The major differences when I look back on it would add up to less than 5 yards of ground. I hit...
  6. C-Tech

Spring will spring shortly

I don't suffer from cold, non-golfing winters, but I do sympathize. I know most of you are either just starting to practice and play after the winter layoff or you are close to doing so. What will you be working on this year to improve your game? I know my handicap rises in what little winter...
  7. C-Tech

Total Head Case

I admit it. I am a total head case when it comes to this stupid game. I played last week....78, yesterday....79, and today....too many to count. It was a total melt down. I couldn't hit my driver more than about 200 yds, my irons were off by 25% if I didn't skull them or hit them fat. My...
  8. C-Tech

Colored Golf Balls

Tim Clark played the Accenture yesterday with a yellow golf ball. Do any of you play colored balls? I justs cannot wrap my mind around anything but white. I remember back in the 80's when a few pros played yellow and orange for a while. I never got used to it. I have playd a yellow ball in very...
  9. C-Tech

Range balls vs. Game Balls

I am beginning to wonder if hitting balls on the range is worth the effort. Seems like they fly anywhere from 10-25% less distance than normal balls so I end up swinging harder because suddenly, my 7 iron can't get past 145, etc. Does anyone else notice this and does it bother you? I feel like...
  10. C-Tech

Accenture Match Play Practice Day

I got a chance to go to the Monday practice round at the Accenture Match Play. I grabbed my camera and headed out a little after lunch. I got to watch a few pros on the range and followed David Toms and Steward Cink for a few holes. Here is a montague of photos from the day.
  11. C-Tech

The Laws of Golf

Each of these laws is unequivocally the truth. LAW 1: No matter how bad your last shot was, you should have Inner peace knowing that a worse one is yet to come. (This law does not expire on the 18th hole, since it has the supernatural tendency to extend over the course of a tournament, a summer...
  12. C-Tech

FANTASTIC!

GG, JB, and Harry.....this is just the best. I feel like I am at the show. Your coverage is excellent and I have been glued to my computer screen since I came in from dinner last night with the exception of 6 hrs sleep. Just wow! What a great job you guys are doing for us. I am like an addict...
  13. C-Tech

How do you aim?

I played another lackluster round of golf this afternoon. 85 on a course I should have broken 80 on. Looking back on it this evening, I realized something that has been going on lately. I have stopped using a preshot routine with my irons. I am hitting the driver great, I missed two fairways and...
  14. C-Tech

Re-shafting advice

I am the proud owner of a set of Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Blades. They are beautiful clubs but I bought them off eBay with Rifle MT85 graphite shafts. I got the graphite in an effort to protect a chronically sore elbow. Since then, the elbow problem has disappeared and I am not happy with...
  15. C-Tech

A Journal (or Jurney) into a radical club change

JB wanted my feedback on the new Burner Irons I was fortunate enough to win. I thought a journal covering my first week or two of playing them and getting used to them might be illuminating. Day One: I got the chance today to play my new clubs for the first time. I hadn't even made one practice...
  16. C-Tech

Things that make you go hmmmm!

So I'm watching a commercial on TNT where they are touting their intent to play several "timeless classic" movies during the holiday season. The movies were "The Wizard of Oz", Beb Hur", and........???"Moonstruck"???? Is it just me? Would "Moonstruck" be on your list of timeless classics...
  17. C-Tech

New Wave Golf Psychology

While playing with a group of friends on Saturday, one of them mentioned that he is reading a new book on golf psychology trying to improve his mental attitude. He said one of the things he is supposed to tell himself after a bad shot is, "It's my fault and there is nothing I can do about it."...
  18. C-Tech

You've got to see this guy.

Hans Klok The Divas of Magic - 10 Illusions in 5 Minutes
  19. C-Tech

Good Kid

I played this afternoon and got paired for the first nine with a father and son. The son was 8 and it was his first time to play from the "real" teebox. His Dad said that he had only been allowed to drop the ball at 150 and play in until today. This was his first time. The kid was really good...
  20. C-Tech

Stiff Back

I have never been flexible, not even when I was a kid. Lately, the stiffness in my back is getting much worse. I hit a few balls to warm up before the round and go to the first tee pretty loose. As the round progresses, my lower back starts to stiffen until it is almost immobile the last few...
Back