Search results for query: *

1. Johneli

What Brand of Slacks....

....has Padraig Harrington been wearing lately? They are usually navy or black, have two vertical white lines on a belt loop in the back and the pockets are finely lined with white as well. Really cool-looking slacks.
  2. Johneli

Favorite Destination

OK, we've all traveled. Now whether it be here or abroad which location stands out in your mind as your favorite? It can be a golf destination or any destination for that matter. Mine is Italy. Partly because of the beauty, but mostly the museums, the friendly people and the amazing food. I...
  3. Johneli

Big Break

Ever bend your shaft by hitting an immovable object? Ever have your clubhead come flying off? Ever snap your club over your knee? Ever thrown a club and broken it? Ever run over a club? You guessed it! Have you ever broken a club? Please describe the circumstance(s) and outcome.
  4. Johneli

Malls and Merchants

This is a two part question: 1) Which is the best mall you've ever been to in your life? 2) What are some of your favorite retail stores? Since I'm married to a retail therapist I've been to malls all over the country and IMO The Boca Mall in South Florida is tops. Every major anchor you can...
  5. Johneli

Which Would You Rather?

Would you rather spend the night with ANY person of your choice.....and I mean ANY.....or would you rather shoot a 65?
  6. Johneli

At What Age....

.....would you start to think about teaching your child golf? I wish I had started at about 5 years old but didn't start until I was 15. Should a child be started out as young as 2 or 3? You see, IMO I think that's too young. The child should be given the opportunity to play freely for awhile...
  7. Johneli

Hard Landings

Years ago my in-laws invited me to play at their club. I jumped at the chance since THEIR club was one of the finest around. It came down to numer 18 where I had a 4 iron left on a par 4. My in-laws didn't play with our group which was composed mainly of my brother in laws and myself. My in-laws...
  8. Johneli

Holding the "Pose."

I've often wondered if touring pros who've just hit a great shot hold their follow-through pose longer to let everyone know they've hit a good shot or is the exaggerated pose a result of actually hitting that great a shot? What's your opinion and don't you think they are "braggin on...
  9. Johneli

Running on Empty.

Have you ever reached the point of diminishing returns with your game? You practice. You play. You think about golf. And your game remains stagnant. Have you ever had to step away from the game to recharge and reset? I stepped away for twenty years. Wouldn't recommend that length of time. I've...
  10. Johneli

Knowing Your Limitations

I'm perfectly happy hitting it 250-275 off the tee. After all I'm 64 and am grateful to be able to crank it out that far. But when a "big hitter" joins the group it's an entirely different story. I find myself trying to keep up with 300 yard drives and 200 yard 7 irons. It takes me awhile (and...
  11. Johneli

Two Gloves

Did I see Bubba Watson playing with both a left and right hand glove last week? Are there any other LPGA or PGA Tour players who do this? Do you? Wonder if it's worth a try?
  12. Johneli

Distractions

Can you continue your swing if a plane flys overhead. How bout a car driving by? Someone in your peripheral vision. An insect fluttering nearby? Low talking? Keeping in mind that there's a difference between distractions and wind direction, what kind of distraction(s) will force you to begin...
  13. Johneli

Meds and Vitamins

What medications or vitamins do you take on a daily basis? Please excuse me if you think this is prying but as a former pharmacist I just can't help myself. When a former customer would walk up to the Pharmacy I would go: "Oh here comes Mr. Diovan, crestor, and hydrochorothiazide. It's an...
  14. Johneli

Severing Ties

Have you ever just grown out of a playing partner? Perhaps too much foul language, too slow, talks too much, late all the time.....whatever.....you just don't want to play with that person anymore. I have found severing these ties is not easy. You want your golf relationship to fade away, but...
  15. Johneli

Stepping Away

There are some good questions that can come out of this. Do you EVER step away from a shot? Have the results been more positive or negative? Why do you step away? Weather, wrong club, lack of feel, all of the above? Professionals step away all the time. Tiger's obsessed with the wind. Jim Furyk...
  16. Johneli

The Price of Range Balls

What do you pay for range balls? I pay $9.50 for a large bucket and $5 for the smaller bucket.
  17. Johneli

Facial Hair on the Tour

Maybe this will translate as some degree of smugness, but do you like to see guys playing with full beards, goatees, staches and the like? Having watched golf for 40 years it seems to me that somehow the "look" of the game is diminished with facial hair. I guess I'm doomed to live in the past...
  18. Johneli

Shaving (A Thread for Men AND Women.)

God knows I despise shaving. Since I'm retired I only shave every other day, but it's still a high quality nuissance. It wouldn't be so bad if the damn systems and blades didn't cost a fortune. I have that Gillette Mack III that vibrates and the replacement blades cost $17.99 for four blades...
  19. Johneli

Fore!

Have you ever hit anyone?
  20. Johneli

Worth Watching!

[SIZE="2"]Follow this link to the five best shots of the week (PGA Tour Highlights) and watch Gary Christian (PGA Player) "soccer kick" his putter into the lake. The entire video is good.[SIZE/] PGATOUR.com - PGA TOUR Video and Audio
Back