Search results for query: *

1. jpbova

The Social Dilemma (Netflix Documentary)

I saw it. Scary to say the least. I am not on social media, but I wish it was blown up. I think it is the cause of a lot of the political and cultural issues right now.
  2. jpbova

My 6-PW loft numbers vs...

You could, but spin and descent angle matter more. Case in point, I hit the JPX forged 8 yards further than my i210s, but the descent angle was 43* and spin was 5500 with a 7 iron. I may have added distance but at the cost of being able to hold greens. So if you want to make the change get the...
  3. jpbova

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

Yes, 7i. The distance is there. it was a good 20 yards longer, and the dispersion (east west) was excellent. Everything drew beautifully. i210s are on a short leash. They are going to the bench if they don't start putting out :LOL:
  4. jpbova

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

you motivated me to go hit them. Wow. Great clubs. I hit mav and mav pro. Sound, feel, distance, spin reduction all really good. They are loud, but I don’t mind it, and I like it even. (My favorite sounding driver was the original CC launcher). Didn’t take me long to get used to them. 2 swings...
  5. jpbova

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

At 27* 7i that’s 1* weaker than my 5i. If spin reduction was below 6k, 190 yards would be easy. As I am sitting here thinking about this, and this shouldn’t be a revelation by any means, And maybe I am justifying new clubs. However, the longer the club, the higher the likelihood for poor...
  6. jpbova

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

good to know. I am high launch high spin, and the only reason I am looking is reduce that. I am getting my i210s reshafted to bring launch and spin down (nippon modus 105 to PX 6), and I don't want to give up on them, but if I do it will be a hard choice between Mav/Mav pro and the new JPX...
  7. jpbova

Callaway MAVRIK Irons

The lofts. I can’t get over the lofts. Right now the 8 iron is stronger than my 7. Crazy. The mav pro lofts seem to have the sweet spot in between jacked and too jacked. How is the forgiveness on the mav pro and mav irons? The price point is really tempting to sell my i210 and get these
  8. jpbova

Coolest/best clubhouse?

interlachen's clubhouse is pretty awesome. It's a tudor, so it looks different than a lot of other clubhouses out there. The dinning area looked like a nicer version of the cheesecake factory. Not to mention all the historical pictures within the clubhouse itself
  9. jpbova

The Grint - World Handicap

My index moved .5 with the WHS. I don't think people are seeing as much movement as expected.
  10. jpbova

@OldandStiff I fixed my scores myself. If you delete your scores in the grint while your GHIN is still in the grint, then wait for the overnight revision. They will be removed. Thank god. What a mess.
  11. jpbova

Are they responding to anyone else? The screwing up of handicaps is a big deal, maybe they'e only answering those questions
  12. jpbova

I emailed them this morning and they just got back to me this evening. I had to go through by hand and manually pick out the scores for them to delete. I sent them the list tonight. We will see how fast it happens. I also deleted all my scores in the Grint, so we will see if they are...
  13. jpbova

Are swingU and 18birdies free and updated to the new handicap system?
  14. jpbova

the GHIN app wi report into your clubs system As long as the club is GHIN affiliated. Having used both. The GHIN app is way better. If they both cost money. The GHIN app is the way t go
  15. jpbova

thanks for digging that up. Wish there would have been other notifications. I wasn't a Grint member then. Now I have to figure out how to get the duplicates off my card, and then delete the app for good I am going to try reentering my GHIN, deleting my grint scores, and letting it revise tonight
  16. jpbova

So deleting and re-downloading seems to have done the trick with the bugs, however still doesn't change the fact that it is no longer a free handicap app. It's poor form not to warn people this change was coming
  17. jpbova

Yes. I would take your GHIN off the Grint before it duplicates tonight. The Grint only had to change a couple of equations to change to the WHS. Looks like they took the opportunity to screw up the entire app. I am having issues with it left and right
  18. jpbova

Has there been an overnight revision since you entered your GHIN into the Grint? Mine didn't show duplicates in my GHIN app card till there was an overnight revision
  19. jpbova

I am hoping someone here can help me. I was using the Grint as well as GHIN to keep my handicap. My goal was to move away from GHIN and just use the Grint when my club membership was up. Yesterday, the Grint app updated with the new WHS. I log on, and they want my GHIN number. Fine, I...
  20. jpbova

Adam Scott 2 finger pre putt routine

Adam Scott has a strange pre putt routine where he straddles his ball and the line, then he takes 2 fingers from behind the ball and lines them up in eye site to the hole. I believe the straddle is to feel the slope of the green, but what the heck is the finger thing for?
Back