Search results for query: *

1. Inferno2ss

How to fix slow play? Take MLBs approach

Technology is how you fix slow play. One of the local courses here has GPS on the golf carts and it tracks where you are relative to your tee time. If you fall behind it puts a warning on the screen, if you still don't catch up they send a Marshall out to speed you up.
  2. Inferno2ss

Are you a linear or non-linear putter?

Same here, tried the line but I could never get comfortable with where it was pointing once I stood over the ball.
  3. Inferno2ss

What did you shoot today?

Shot my best round of 2023 on Thursday +2 - 74
  4. Inferno2ss

Par 3, Par 4, Par 5 - Where Do You Score Best?

Par 5s and it isn't close for me. I average 4.8 which is around .6 strokes gained on par 5s.
  5. Inferno2ss

If you see a ball and you see no people do you pick it up?

I stick to my own ball and leave the rest where they lie.
  6. Inferno2ss

Partial swings with wedges = my game at it's worst

One of the best Rick Shiels videos of all time. He gets a lesson, and they go into a ton of detail about how to hit a chip, regular pitch and high pitch shot. To me the most common mistake I see is people use too much of their arms and get too steep instead of rotating through the shot.
  7. Inferno2ss

Swing thoughts when you play

I have one swing thought when I am on the course, staying connected when I start my backswing. It stops me from overthinking things and a good takeaway usually translates into a good swing, for me anyway.
  8. Inferno2ss

Left Wrist Flexion

To me matching your grip up to the release is extremely important when it comes to squaring the clubface at impact. I had been playing with a neutral grip and had to bow my wrist at impact in order to square the clubface but I really didn't like that feeling and it was inconsistent for me with...
  9. Inferno2ss

What chipping technique do you use?

I naturally used a lot of the techniques in this video but not quite in the right way. Practicing these techniques by Peter Cowen has really helped me take my short game to a new level and made me a lot more consistent. I was swinging my arms a bit too much, instead of rotating completely...
  10. Inferno2ss

Your Last Chip In?

It had been a while since I chipped one in, then I chipped in 2 yesterday. One from just off the green and a second one from about 45 yards.
  11. Inferno2ss

How Many Eagles in 2022 (so far)?

Just had one this year but had some other opportunities but just didn't make the putt.
  12. Inferno2ss

What’s the average date of your entire bag?

Replaced my entire bag in 2021 with the exception of my 2 and 4 hybrids which I bought in 2020 and bought a new 60-degree wedge about a month ago because I wanted a different grind. So probably about 18 months on average. Hopefully I am done buying clubs for a few years.
  13. Inferno2ss

How often do you play from the Tips / Back Tees?

Very rarely, just depends on the course. One of the courses I play fairly regularly is only 6400 from the tips so I will play those but most of them are 6700 plus which is a bit too far for me to play and enjoy the round.
  14. Inferno2ss

Should dogs be allowed on the golf course?

No, because too many inconsiderate fools walking around this planet. The last thing I want to do is worry about stepping in dog doo everywhere I go on a course.
  15. Inferno2ss

With your A+ game, how low could you go?

2 to 5 over when I am playing my best
  16. Inferno2ss

Your worst collapse?

2 years ago I had my best 9 ever at 3 under and needed to par 2 of the last 3 holes to shoot even par for the first time ever and choked. Ended up shooting one over which is still my lowest round but 3 over is the best I have been able to shoot since. My brother had the worse choke ever on 18...
  17. Inferno2ss

Putters that pick up the ball

The one on my Evnroll ER11V is pretty cool but also annoying as you can't pat down a divot after you repair it as there isn't a flat spot at the bottom of the putter. Funny story, I had marked my ball then dropped it and picked it up with the bottom of the putter and forgot the ball was there...
  18. Inferno2ss

What Should a -10 Choose?

That would mean they shoot 6 to 8 over every round. Pretty darn good for a 10 index.
  19. Inferno2ss

Good 10ft long putting mat?

I had one with lines on it with the ball return similar to the Perfect Putt and it worked well, however, for me it wasn't translating to the golf course. Yea it helps with your stroke but everything is lined up and square on this mat so I can make 6 foot putts over and over all day. That isn't...
Back