Search results for query: *

1. MikeF

Top of the Bag selection

Guys, I need your nuggets of wisdom I am putting Driver back into the bag, so I need to remove a club to make way for it The top of the bag is as follows Driver 3 Wood 1 Iron 21* Hybrid 4 Iron At the moment I am taking the hybrid out of the bag, but I am considering removing the 4 iron and...
  2. MikeF

Club Refurbishment / Refinishing

I am seriously considering having my irons refurbished / refinished This is the finish I am considering https://www.golfironsuk.co.uk/cerakote-ceramic I will be going for a black finish, not decided on the graphic colours, but probably a gloss black The clubs will be stripped and the grooves...
  3. MikeF

Removing Driver ??

I have a bag dilemma I have just ordered a Titleist U510 1 Iron, but my bag already contains 14 clubs I need to remove a club to make room for it Now my thinking is to take out the driver as to be honest, I don't really use it. Its only really in the bag to be used when a drop is needed I...
  4. MikeF

Regular Course Strategy - Do you have one ?

Playing my round today got me thinking. Every tee I went to I pulled out the usual club I hit and aimed at the usual landing zone Now when I play other courses it's different, I am looking at the hole layout to work out where I need to put the ball. I'm playing a course I have never played...
  5. MikeF

Pre Shot Shot Routine - What's Yours?

What's your Pre Shot Routine? Do you have one or do you just step up and hit it Mine is 1 practice swing next to the ball, step back behind the ball to get line and type of shot I want to try to play Step forward and settle over ball before taking my swing The above is the same on the Tee box...
  6. MikeF

Temporary Handicap and Club Competitions

Well my official handicap is taking a bit longer than expected to be allocated I have just been issued with a temporary club handicap of 18. There is a club competition on Saturday which I am now eligable to play in, but I am not sure if I should due to being allocated a handicap much higher...
  7. MikeF

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Father's Day to all the golfing dads out there (I have checked and it is the correct day this time @gkeller813 )
  8. MikeF

Waiting for deliveries

Anyone else like me, and hates waiting for deliveries When ever I order anything online I am always impatient. I want the item there and then Constant refreshing of order status to get tracking information, and then once I have that its refreshing of the tracking page to see where my stuff is...
  9. MikeF

Best Beginner Clubs for 14 year old

After some advice here I am getting my lad a new set of irons Which set should I be looking at, I want beginner clubs ideally Would graphite shafts be best for him? Should he take the game up properly then I will get him fit into clubs, but not at this stage Advise me please THP
  10. MikeF

Plain (no logo) Grips ??

Apologies if this has been covered before I am looking for some grips that don't have a logo or alignment marks. I want to regrip some clubs that are adjustable I want to be able to grip them without having a scewed logo or alignment aid showing I know I can wait until I get the settings I...
  11. MikeF

MikeF - WITB

Here is my current setup, not much has changed since 2012 as I haven't really played that much, but that is all changing now Taylor Made R11 Driver - Set to 10* Taylor Made R11 3 Wood - Set to 15* Taylormade Rescue 4 Hybrind - Set to 20* Nike VR Pro Combo 4 - PW - .5* Upright Nike VR Pro Wedges...
  12. MikeF

Returning to the game after a long break

Hi everyone, Checking back in from the UK, I used to be a fairly active member here back in 2011 / 12, wow that is a long time ago, some of you may even remeber me :LOL: I have had a rather large hiatus from the game due to various reasons but seeing as my 14 year old son wants to play and...
  13. MikeF

Back after Absence

Well it's been a while since I was last on here due to being out of work (no money, no internet etc etc) but now things have changed again for the better. After almost losing everything I finally found a new job and have slowly been getting things back on track. Work has been hectic but boy is...
  14. MikeF

How much have you spent on your current bag setup?

Thought it may be interesting to find out how much everyone has spent on there current bag setup, inc shoes, waterproof etc. I will start although I may not like the end total Nike Tour II Cart Bag - £95 Nike VR Pro Combo Irons - £535 Nike VR Pro Wedges - £185 R11 Driver - £289 R11 3w - £169...
  15. MikeF

Happy 4th July Day

16. MikeF

Mini Manchester Meet

Today I played my first round with a fellow THP member - woody140284. We played on a municipal that was close by to me - Heaton Park. The weather was wet and rainy for the entire round but it didn't put a dampener on things as I think we both had a great time. I am going to do my best to...
  17. MikeF

Carrying a 3i

Currently I carry a 3i in my bag but am seriously considering dropping it in favour of a 4th wedge. My irons gap out as follows 3i - 22 4i - 25 5i - 28 6i - 31 7i - 35 8i - 39 9i - 43 pw - 47 gw - 52 sw - 56 Now my hybrid is a 20.5 so is essentially in between a 2i and a 3i. I am not sure if...
  18. MikeF

Gardening Leave

Not sure if the US uses the same term as we do in the UK but I am now on Gardening Leave. Basically I am being made redundant as the place that I work is going through cost cutting exercises I was sent home today at 1.30pm and am not allowed back on site, they don't like IT people being on...
  19. MikeF

Tour's and variety of shots

Thought it may be a good idea to get a thread going to discuss the various tours and the variety of shots that are required to play on them due to the way that the respective courses may be set up. Take the Euro Tour for example, especially Links golf. This I feel requires the players to be...
  20. MikeF

Hitting down on the ball (Too Shallow Swing)

This is not for me but for my 9yr old lad. He has been told that he needs to hit down on the ball as his swing is too shallow. He has a tendency to lean back and try to scoop the ball into the air. What good drills do you suggest that we get him to work on in between his group lessons...
Back