Search results for query: *

1. Raiderboost

Shrimp: tails or no tails

This is where I’m at. The Shrimp in the Shrimp Alfredo had them on. It’s not a huge deal but it’s just easier when they aren’t on with a dish like that. I also got shrimp fried rice somewhere a few weeks back and they were on those. That first bit was weird feeling the crunch tail.
  2. Raiderboost

This is not the do you eat the tails thread. I remembered that one when I searched for previous threads.
  3. Raiderboost

Decided to star this thread after getting the Shrimp Alfredo tonight at my club for takeout. If you are getting a shrimp entree in which it is a component such as Shrimp Alfredo, Shrimp and Grits, Scampi, etc, do you want the tails attached or not? Not talking about Grilled or jumbo shrimp...
  4. Raiderboost

Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

So pretty similar then? I was kind of figuring these would be a pretty close to the Forged Tecs when I first saw them.
  5. Raiderboost

Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

Those look pretty similar there. Maybe a little thinner topline with the Forged Tecs?
  6. Raiderboost

EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Have you already added the Cobra and Puma site to your favorites bar yet?
  7. Raiderboost

One man scramble.

The closer I am to the green the more likely I am to hit the 2nd. I pretty much will always hit a 2nd chip if I'm not inside 5 ft and have been known to hit another even though I was only 2 ft as I was trying to make the chip. The other things I think about it do I have a reasonable putt for...
  8. Raiderboost

One man scramble.

Probably around 2-3 shots for most on 9 holes but I've seen guys really go low. I think the first or 2nd time we did it I shot a 29 net 27. I've also had a couple where I only shot 33-34.
  9. Raiderboost

One man scramble.

I've seen someone go from an ok drive to blasting it OB on there 2nd (I've actually done it once) and having to play 3 off the tee. I also had one put his 1st shot from about 85 yards to about 18 ft for birdie. He though he would need to get a birdie to win so he hit another and chunked it. He...
  10. Raiderboost

One man scramble.

I usually try to do only 3 guys as it can be slower. If I have to do 4 then I try to make sure it's 4 of the faster players. The key is to play ready golf and make sure everyone has a 2nd ball ready to go so once you hit the first you then hit the next. It's not a bad idea in this one to...
  11. Raiderboost

One man scramble.

I run a Thursday night game where I switch up the format every week. I usually do two man or 3 man teams but the one man scramble is my back up incase we get a weird number of players like 13 or 17. I do have a variation though in that you don't just get two shots. You can hit a 2nd shot but if...
  12. Raiderboost

ANNOUNCEMENT 2024 Morgan Cup Participants - The 2nd Two From Signups

Congrats @golfinnut and @GolfFest !
  13. Raiderboost

Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

I think I would be trying to take cloths that are similar in color so that I could limit it to maybe two pair of golf shoes and mix and match shirt, short, pant combinations with those. Also, plenty of Tylenol/anti-inflammatories along with a Theregun and any of that stuff you may have. Maybe an...
  14. Raiderboost

Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

I recognized the hole from when we where there for the Morgan Cup travel round. Man I loved that course! That's such a pretty golf hole too.
  15. Raiderboost

ANNOUNCEMENT Morgan Cup Participants - The First Two From Signups

Congrats @jeffg21 and @LLIB!!
  16. Raiderboost

Charlie Woods - US Open Qualifier

15 can be a big deal here as some 15 years olds have grown a fair amount while others still have a lot of growing to do. This could be a huge factor when it comes to distance off the tee. I wonder how far he's hitting it at 15 and what that number will be in 3 or 5 years.
  17. Raiderboost

What is the fastest 18 hole round you have played?

In college my dad's cousins owned a course so I could play out there for free. I could play some rounds in less than an hour and a half if there was no one in front or I had a group or two let me play through since I was a single. That was with a cart that had GPS back before I had a rangefinder.
  18. Raiderboost

Thinking about buying a cart

JB nailed it about about being a body kit. That could be a 2004 Club Car Precedent or a 2018. One thing you might ask them for is service records on the cart. When I bought mine from one of the members at my course he gave me the last couple of invoices of the work that he'd had done about 2-4...
  19. Raiderboost

Would this stop you from playing?

Agreed. We had the cold and winds in the 20’s and 30’s for my bachelor party trip 3 months ago. Luckily no rain for those and it was sunny which helped. They weren’t ideal conditions but that why we went so we played.
Back