Search results for query: *

1. Raiderboost

Does your club/course do a Par 3 contest for the Masters?

For the last few years my club has done a Par 3 contest on the Wednesday night before the Masters. We will do it again and this year it will be a 3 man shamble counting 2 of the 3 with players getting 5% of their handicap. The format has changed a little each year but they basically just set up...
  2. Raiderboost

What fitting should I do?

My dad is wanting to get a new driver so I have talked him into going to do a fitting at the Barton Creek Fitting Studio which is an outdoor fitting using Trackman on the range at Barton Creek Resort. I've had a couple of friends who I've talked into going there for full bag fittings that are...
  3. Raiderboost

Do you like Ranch Dressing?

The recent thread got me thinking about it as many people said they don't like ranch. Some only like it for certain things such as wings. I personally love it but am not a fan of the premade bottled stuff or the dipping sauce like you may get at a chain pizza place. It has to be good homemade or...
  4. Raiderboost

Cork and Barrell- WWYO

Going to Cork and Barrell in Round Rock tonight with some friends. What would you get?
  5. Raiderboost

How are you playing this hole?

Here is a par 5 at my course. It is the #1 handicap hole. The last couple months it has played really hard because the fairway is so baked out that if you are trying to cut the corner you can roll through it and the rough (or lack there of) and go OB. Going left it brings in the 2nd pond. This...
  6. Raiderboost

The Official Ludvig Aberg Thread

Ludvig got his first Professional win today at the European Masters. With this win he’s got a really good chance to be a captains pick tomorrow for the Ryder Cup. I think he’s going to be a heck of a player for years to come.
  7. Raiderboost

Do you play with people who hit it crazy far?

I wanted to start this one after playing in our MGA Summer Partnership this weekend. Up until recently we had 3 guys at my club who I would consider very long. Two are in their low/mid 40's and another is early 30's. We had a new member join recently though and he and I played together this...
  8. Raiderboost

R.I.P. Johnny Hardwick, aka Dale Gribble

He will be missed. Such a great character that he voiced. https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2023/08/10/johnny-hardwick-dies-king-of-the-hill-actor-comedian-dale-gribble/70568143007/
  9. Raiderboost

What part of your game are you struggling with?

Here the last few months I have been hitting my driver about as good as I ever had. I still have the occasional off day or few swings per round but overall it has been really good. My short irons, wedges, chipping, and putting have all been pretty good too. The area I'm really struggling with...
  10. Raiderboost

2023 Victory Cup Travel Thread

I've been excited all day after this mornings announcement and have been looking at some different travel options for the Victory Cup. I want to set aside some extra time either before or after the event to play some extra golf with the other participants and other fellow THP'ers. It was one of...
  11. Raiderboost

Texas State Fair- What do you choose?

@MattyD-MPLS thread about fair food reminded me that they were talking about these on the radio the other day. Here's the Semi-finalist lest for the Big Tex Awards at the Texas State Fair. You get to choose three Savory and two Sweet to try. What are you getting...
  12. Raiderboost

What golf game should I do this week?

I run a 9 hole game on Thursday Nights. It's usually a 2 man team but sometimes 3 man team depending on the number of guys. Usually there are 15-18 but I've had as many as 30. It's $20 with $10 going to the net payout, $5 to skins, and $5 (plus $2 for any weeks missed) in a powerball pot. For...
  13. Raiderboost

Hello darkness my old friend

I was looking for the #thpafterdark thread so I guess I will post this one. Here’s a slow & low after a decent night at poker!
  14. Raiderboost

Pepsi and Peeps- Why is this a thing?

I mean really, this just seems like a terrible idea.
  15. Raiderboost

Is this the end of the World Golf Championships?

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2023/02/02/world-golf-championships-dell-match-play-austin-pga-tour/ I guess I need to go this year with it being the last one. I still haven't made it out there before.
  16. Raiderboost

CBIGG Management LLC to sell courses

CBIGG is a Chinese company that owns my club along with 19 others across the US with 13 being in Texas. We just got an email from them that they intend to sell the properties this year. They were supposed to update our sprinkler system this spring but that will now be put on hold. I'm hoping...
  17. Raiderboost

Poll: What type of cook are you?

I thought about this today while cooking lunch and thinking about what I will make for dinner tonight as we have a few guests coming over. So what type are you?
  18. Raiderboost

Gary Player sues son

Here is a link to an article about the lawsuit. https://www.si.com/golf/news/gary-player-suing-son-grandson-over-memorabilia-dispute
  19. Raiderboost

What should I order? (Ichiro Sushi)

I'm going to Ichiro Asian Bistro and Wine Bar tomorrow night for dinner. I have not been here before but have heard many good things. What would you go with? http://ichirosushiwinebar.com/ Here is the link to the dinner menu...
  20. Raiderboost

Bacon Washed Bourbon

I had a Maple Bacon Old Fashioned a couple weekends ago. They bacon washed the bourbon that they used for it. I'm thinking about doing that tonight to try out. Has anyone ever done it? https://cocktail-society.com/spirits/bacon-fat-washed-bourbon/
Back