Search results for query: *

1. WLG1952

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

I always thought Nickent made quality, easy to hit clubs. If I hadn't settled in with Tour Edge, I would've went with Nickent clubs. It's too bad they went out of business.
  2. WLG1952

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

Once I was properly fitted, my scoring improved quite a bit. I also continued to improve. My long time instructor was also a club builder, and fitter. He knew his stuff, and I was fortunate to find him. As I continued to improve, he would identify needed little tweaks, and adjust my clubs...
  3. WLG1952

Really random: which pocket?

When I wear gloves (2) I never take them off unless they get wet, or damaged. I carry 3 pairs in my bag for a just in case moment. Just never bought into the idea of "on, and off" scenario. I putt the same with, or without my gloves on. I wear two gloves mainly to protect my hands from...
  4. WLG1952

Feel vs Real

I've been playing long enough that for me, feel isn't real. Maybe when I take my Hogan blades for spin, and I hit the ball off the club's sweet spot, that feels pretty good. Like the hot knife through butter scenario. The only time I know I've made a good, or bad swing is the results of the...
  5. WLG1952

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

They're all old. You could take your pick. The bag I'm currently "road tripping" with, has a Nickent 4 wood in it. I think Nickent closed their doors 20+ years ago. Heck my putter I've been using for a few months is probably from the late 1990s, early 2000s.
  6. WLG1952

Wild night of NBA Playoff Basketball

I'm not much of a fan of today's NBA. I did however like watching the Nuggets game. The way they fought back protecting their house was entrtaining.
  7. WLG1952

Tiger vs. Scottie : Who had/has more competition?

It's my belief that anytime a player dominates a sport, their competition is weak. In his prime, Tiger dominated against full fields of competition. I always thought his competition felt that 2nd place was good enough. Scottie's competition is missing a few important pieces right now...
  8. WLG1952

Maxfli StraightFli - does it really fly straighter than other balls? Thank you!

I did my own testing, and I didn't see much, if any difference in ball flights when compared to the e6 ball I use. Also about the same as the Pinnacle Soft balls I use to practice with. Nothing against the Maxfli balls. If I had to, I'd use them.
  9. WLG1952

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Yesterday, traveling north on I-15 we stopped in Filmore Utah at the Paradise golf course. Nice little 9 hole track, with a 36 par. Shot a 42 for my effort. Mile marker 163 iirc. Didn't carry a water hazard which cost me. Actually I forgot it was there. Been a while since I played here. I...
  10. WLG1952

Do you know the loft and lie of your favorite putter?

I don't. I know I adjusted the lie to fit my putting stroke. What ever that number is I have no idea. As for the loft, again, I have no idea. All I can say about my favorite putter is that the loft, and lie fit my stroke, which allows me make a lot of putts.
  11. WLG1952

You ever just get...bored?

I have two sets of irons that get 60/40 use. I play equally well with both. I never get bored with golf. I just enjoy hitting golf balls. If I start to see a loss of interest showing up, I start trying to figure out a new shot for my bag. The only other thing I will do is if the weather...
  12. WLG1952

Cheap rangefinder?

Just a thought. Not sure if they are still made, but I have a cheapie range finder that uses no electronics. You look through the eye piece, and match up the top of the flag pin, with a top line, and the bottom of the flag pin with a bottom line. Below the match up shows the approximate yardage...
  13. WLG1952

Do people give you golf gifts?

A long time ago, I received a lot of golf gifts. I have two SC putters some where that I can't get rid of because they were gifts. About 18 years ago, I told everyone "no more golf gifts, of any kind". Biggest reason, a lot the stuff was stuff I wouldn't use. These days I might find a...
  14. WLG1952

Do You Trust Sponsored Reviewers?

I am by nature skeptical of sponsored (paid) reviewers. That said, if I think something might work, is presented well by that paid reviewer, I might take a deeper look. This is especially true for me about golf product claims. .
  15. WLG1952

What would you shoot at Augusta?

I have no idea what I would shoot at AN. Those fast greens would eat me alive, as well as some of the forced carries. That said, right now, I would guess around 100. Maybe 105. 110? It would be ugly, but fun. Now back in my best playing days there was a golf course on the east side of the...
  16. WLG1952

How to prevent standing up/lean back

I was told to keep both feet evenly on the ground, heel to toe. , and let the swing move them as needed. Also to focus on keeping my sternum the same distance from the ball. Keeping the sternum the same distance from the ball, allows the shoulders to move with the swing, and the shoulders turn...
  17. WLG1952

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Interesting find this morning of 9 Wedge Wood clubs 5-9 and 4 wedges. ($30) The grips are pretty worn, and need to be replaced. Early bird got the worm I think. Other than advertisements, I don't know anything about them. Leaving tomorrow for Eastern Oregon, so these critters will have to wait...
  18. WLG1952

Caitlin Clark talks about LIV golf

I thought she was smart enough not to get involved with this current pro golf soap opera.
  19. WLG1952

Wedge game is bad

Take a step back, start hitting quality chip shots. Once satisfied with your chipping, move farther from the green and hit pitch shots. Once satisfied with your longer pitches, move farther a way, and hit longer approach shots. The idea is the shorter shots make learning the longer shots...
  20. WLG1952

My wife is good at everything

Wives are an amazing part of a man's life. My wife can be the Hulk one minute, and a kitty cat a few seconds later. She's also saved numerous lives over the years. Two on a golf course. while riding with me. As for golf, we use to play several rounds together. The difference being she would...
Back