Search results for query: *

1. WLG1952

Lee Trevino

I watch a biographical account of Trevino's golf journey. I had previously only known about his pro golf exploits. I didn't know about his golf life prior to his turning oro. He was definitely a fan favorite, and his game was respected by those he played against. With all the crazy stuff...
  2. WLG1952

Broom Stick Chipper.

I have been messing around with a broom stick rail gun putter. So much so, that when I grabbed my 8i to chip, I place my top hand on the 8i like I do on the long putter. So, on a lark, since I had a 8i head laying around, and broon stick shaft doing nothing, I put the two together. I would...
  3. WLG1952

Daily Money Purse

With all the money being thrown at today's players, what would you say if the PGA tour were to pay out a daily winner's purse? The low scoring player from each tournament day were to receive some sort of bonus money.. Say a $1 million pay out. I used the PGA as an example, since the LIV tour...
  4. WLG1952

Playing With Confidence

I write this post due to an incident that happened earlier this week. A guy had a total melt down due to some poor ball striking. It didn't matter that the playing conditions were brutal. These days, I play a lot my golf as a single, walk on. This because most of my old golfing buddies are...
  5. WLG1952

Interesting Situation

I was playing yesterday with a Colorado tourist. From the tee box, we could see the fairway was being watered. We tee'd off anyway. When we arrived at his ball, it was in a deep fairway divot that was full of standing water. The sprinklers had just turned off. He asked me if that was...
  6. WLG1952

Taylor Made Question

Did Taylor Made ever have a T-7 beta driver? The club is brand new, has a TM grip, and decent shaft on it, that I can't spell. Nothing on the club head has TM on it, but is identical to the r-7 quad. I'm thinking a knock off maybe? Tia.
  7. WLG1952

Funny Stuff On Tipping

We went out to dinner with another couple last night. Local sports bar of sorts. The total for the 4 of us $70. 00. Our friends said they would pick up the tab, I told them I would leave the tip, and pulled out a $20 bill. When the waitress brought the cc receipt back to be signed, there was...
  8. WLG1952

The Real Cheeseburger

I'm thinking this sandwich will cause an increase in Taco Bell's business.
  9. WLG1952

Missed Putts...a little fun here.

As in the title, just having a little fun here. When putting, how does the putted ball know how to miss the hole?
  10. WLG1952

Phil Mickelson Question.

Read something on another golf forum about PM helping other players. My question. In another time, (forget LIV) would PM make a good swing coach?
  11. WLG1952

Who Made This Club?

I purchased this club ($4) because of the shallow face and loft. Just wanted to see what it would do. Anyone knows who made it? I do find some Callaway Razr clubs but nothing to match this. The word "Callaway" is no where on this club. TIA
  12. WLG1952

How Many Drives Could You Hit In. 7.5 Hours?

I keep seeing this ad on FB where Moe Norman, at an exhibition hit 1,540 drives in a little over 7 hours. How many could you hit in the same amount of time? Me, maybe 360.
  13. WLG1952

Removing Graphite Shafts From Callaway Irons

I haven't done any club repair/building in a few decades. I've never messed with graphite shafts. I purchased a set Callaway Big Bertha clubs. D - LW. 12 clubs. The clubs are in great, barely used condition. Grips too. How difficult would it be to remove the Graphite shafts from the irons? D...
  14. WLG1952

19th Hole Open After Hours

I was at a league meeting this weekend. One of the topics was the course raising green fees to increase revenue. Didn't go over very well. One golfer had an idea that maybe the food, and beverage bar (19th Hole) could stay open longer, after the golfing hours were over. Right now they close up...
  15. WLG1952

Nearest Relative....

Using Google Earth, (or other) in yards, and golf talk, how far away is your nearest relative? Mine is a short par 4, at 325 yards. I figure a 3 wood, and my 6h could reach their back yard pool. It's easy for me to find water with a golf ball. As the Crow flies the straight line, there's...
  16. WLG1952

Quick Question

Has TV judge shows, and shows like Maury replaced Soap Operas?
  17. WLG1952

What Have I Got?

I purchased a Callaway staff bag in slightly used condition. These Ping G15s were in one of the pockets. They appear to be 2, 3, and 4 hybrid heads. All are almost brand new. Just wanting to know if they are worth shafting, and gripping. TIA
  18. WLG1952

This Might Be Of Interest To Some

These are my golf note books I made back in 1990s. These are blank photo books. I would type up my info and place them in the clear sleeves. They came in handy at the time.
  19. WLG1952

Old Putter

I played yesterday with a guy who used what looked like a very old putter. It was unique in that the face was hollowed out, with some sort of clear covering over it. Now, behind the clear face covering, was a smallish out of doors picture. A mountain stream, with a couple of trees. Anyone...
  20. WLG1952

MDD Irons

MDD Irons. Anyone have any info on this brand of club? Does Callaway have anything to do with them? The reason I ask is because there is a set of these irons 4-P in like new condition, that I can pick up for under $20. R flex metal shafts. They look like a nice, clean club. I've just never...
Back