Search results for query: *

1. Goin4Par

Custom printed logos on Golf balls

As a Christmas gift I was given a dozen Titleist balls and told I could get a logo put on them for free. Decisions, decisions....Other than my name or initials, what are some of the slogans or words that the members here have put on their golf balls?
  2. Goin4Par

Win a Golf Vacation in Victoria, BC Canada

Win a Golf Vacation in Victoria, BC, Canada. 4 nights accommodation 5 rounds of golf for two with a shared cart https://golfinbritishcolumbia.com/golf-contest/ Contest closes Dec 31, 2020
  3. Goin4Par

The Last round of the 2020 Season

Hello fellow golfers. I was wondering when your typical "Last round of the Year" takes place in your region. Of course, we've all played with extra gear on to get the last round in. My best was a few years back. 2nd week of November Frost delays until noon at the Golf Course. Temperature was...
  4. Goin4Par

Time for a Laugh :) Your supportive (sometimes sarcastic) remarks you make while Golfing.

I've been lucky to play with same guys for years. We encourage each other with supportive comments which can be a little sarcastic. When a shot gets hit into the trees, we always say "You had the perfect tree distance!" No matter how mad you might feel, a little smile lightens your spirits.
  5. Goin4Par

What 'Unwritten Rule of Golf' do you see not being observed?

I believe we've all seen our share of rules not being followed at the course. However, some of the unwritten rules such as not walking on someone's putting line or pointing out hazards at tee box drive me crazy. What unwritten rules do you see not being followed?
  6. Goin4Par

What's your "Got to go there once a season" Golf course?

I expect there are many us like myself, who try to get to a favorite course at least once a golf season. This might be due the distance to travel or difficulty in getting tee times. In my case, I'd have to say that Clear Lake Golf Club in Riding Mountain National Park is my once a year choice...
  7. Goin4Par

Your favorite side game to incorporate into your round of golf

I was introduced to a version of poker that is played while you are on the golf course. The 18 holes are divided into thirds so each 6 holes is a poker hand. The number of cards you get in the deal is determined by your score on each of the 6 holes. Since I am a bogey golfer, my cards would be...
  8. Goin4Par

Your best Post Coronavirus Golf thought

"The first thing I'm going to do when golf resumes is go straight to my nearest course, walk onto the first tee, tee up my ball, take a deep breath, and appreciate being back in my happy place before I hit my shot. The second thing I'm going to do is hit a provisional." - Author unknown
  9. Goin4Par

Your most unexpected jesture of generosity by a Golf Resort

I was at a Golf resort on a one round & one night golf package. The resort had two 18 hole courses. The rounds at this resort were $100 usd which included cart. I was golfing as a single and got paired up with 2 other fellows, who after the front 9 told me they were going to the other 18 course...
  10. Goin4Par

Golf Celebrations gone wrong

Here's a true story that happened to our regular foursome two years ago. We were playing a Par 3 170yard hole to a green slightly uphill. My bud Trevor, his ball lands just in front of the flag stick, one hops and rolls in for a Hole in One. What a celebration! We all high five'd and took a...
  11. Goin4Par

Golfing using both RH & LH clubs

This might sound a little unusual, but I know a few fellows who Golf Right hand with all their clubs except the Putter. They Putt Left Hand. Though I've never met a Lefty who putts Right, maybe they're out there too.
  12. Goin4Par

What's the typical Golf season in your region?

I know this forum has an audience which is worldwide. I was wondering what's the typical Golf season in your region. My region is central Canada. If we're really lucky we might be golfing mid May until mid October.
  13. Goin4Par

Your Favorite 007 Bond Movie and why?

I've seen all the Bond 007 films. Man with the Golden Gun is a good pick. This was made in the pre Computer Generated special effects. The stunts, such as the car barrel roll jump, was done by a stuntman in a AMC Hornet. That must have taken alot of nerve.
  14. Goin4Par

CONTEST THE GOLF TOWNBEAT THE STREAK PUTTINGCONTESTPRESENTED BY JACK NICKLAUS APPAREL

Contest for Canada only Contest date March 2 - March 8/2020 https://www.golftown.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-GolfTown-Site/en_CA/Event-Show?cid=beat_the_steak Grand Prize to be won of atrip for two (2) to New Albany, Ohio, U.S.A. to attend and participate (as an amateur) in the...
  15. Goin4Par

Your best Golfer idea for a product not on Market

This past year I did some golfing in Minnesota. One of the fellows I met had a great idea to dry Golf Gloves during the round. He had a short piece of cloth with velcro on each end. This wrapped around the Golf Cart roof supports so he could hang his damp golf glove on the roof support. So...
  16. Goin4Par

Best Example of showing off on a Golf Course

I was thinking about some of best examples of the ways some Golfers show their skills. A few years back, a guy in our group putted with every club in his bag including his Driver. Of course he was showing off and to add insult to injury he had the lowest score at the end of the round.
  17. Goin4Par

Your most putts on a single hole, or most putts on a single hole you've witnessed.

Yes, I know, your most putts on a single hole is something no one likes to think about or admit to. Therefore, I added most putts witnessed. Personally, my worst number putting was 13 ! 130yard par 3, hole cut in center of a green on a 45 degree angle. Every missed putt, the ball would roll back...
  18. Goin4Par

Unluckiest experience on a Golf Course

Our group was on the green and one guy needed a ball marker, so I tossed him my marker. When he tossed it back, I missed it and it landed in the hole. Did you know a ball marker could fit in the flag stick hole? It was my lucky marker and did not want to lose it. So the four of us got down on...
  19. Goin4Par

Interesting Stuff found on a Golf Course

I was wondering what unusual or interesting things have been found whilst playing a round of Golf. Personally, I found a really old golf ball when I was searching for my ball. I was a little surprised and remarked to my playing partners about how unusual it was to find it. My partners told me it...
Back