Search results for query: *

1. N

anyone having trouble getting sweat smell out of hi tech golf polos

I can't get my hi tech polos clean. They smell. I use HE washer with HE tide sport with fabreze. I am also using vinegar and baking soda. I wash them immediately when I come in from golf. My washers are new 6 months.
  2. N

Ever play holes that are too long

Ever sit at your course and watch where most regular golfers hit the fairway. Most don't hit the ball as far as they think. I have a bushnell neo x and it tells my how far I hit the ball. I also have learned not to tell golfers how far I or they really hit the ball. Last week I played a...
  3. N

Why pick players with losing Ryder Cup records?

Why do we pick players and captains with weak long time Ryder Cup records if we are not winning? http://golf.about.com/od/rydercup/a/rydercuprecords.htm Records of All Players With Minimum 15 Matches Played Ian Poulter, Europe, 12-3-0, .800 Arnold Palmer, USA, 22-8-2, .719 Luke Donald...
  4. N

Holly Sonderrs vs Holly Niederkohr

Since Holly is now working and not playing full time golf like when she was in college, has her game changed, gotten better with great coaching, gotten worse with less time to play and practice. Has she been able to improve her game? Since she is in the same situation as we are, can't...
  5. N

Will Watson pick Tiger to be his assistant

If Tiger has trouble getting his game back by the time of the 2014 Ryder Cup. Will Watson pick him to play or be his assistant?
  6. N

My Interest in golf tournaments has changed

1. PGA with Tiger in the lead 2. LPGA with Wie in the lead 3. LPGA with Lewis, Ko, Korda in the lead 4. PGA without Tiger 5. European Tour 6. Webb.Com 7. Champions tour Has anyone else found that their preferences in golf tournaments has changed? PGA used to be my #2. But what happens...
  7. N

If Ben Hogan was injured today instead of 1950ish

I wonder if we realize how much better we have it today compared to 1950? If we were injured in a wreck like Ben Hogan's how much better our odds are today for having a normal life after getting out of the hospital. Thanks doctors and technology!
  8. N

Why doesn't Golf Channel live stream Walmart this morning?

Especially when they are playing at 5:00 PM like todays LPGA Walmart. Seems like ten of the top golfers are already finished and only a few highlights of Michelle Wie and Stacy Lewis are available. We need more access than one channel can provide. I also think advertisers are getting less...
  9. N

Why doesn't the tour enforce pace of play?

One thing I have never heard addressed is why the tour doesn't really enforce pace of play? How can we really have a discussion on the subject without the tour explaining its do nothing position? I am going to guess what the secret reason is. The tour is afraid they will incite a top player...
  10. N

Dentist expects me to pay almost double what insurance pays

Went to my dentist today and asked if todays bill was the same amount as the insurance companies paid them. They told me I was lucky to pay a higher price because the lower price the insurance companies paid was because of all the advertising they do for the dentists. Their name is in the list...
  11. N

Juicing and Golf

Does anyone use a juicer to make drinks for golf? Does it work for liquid and nutrition when playing golf? How difficult are they to make? What are good juicers, and how much are they? Do you have any good recipes?
  12. N

Are the current Rules of Golf helping or hurting the game of golf?

After seeing all the division in applying the current Rules of Golf at the 2013 Masters. If the announcers and professionals could not easily reach an agreement on rules of applying slow play, and Tiger's Drop and everything concerning it. Many of the player, announcers even called for Tiger...
  13. N

I didn't really know what PED's really were!

Until I looked it up, I didn't really understand what is included as PED's. This is what I found when I looked it up. According to this should all PED's be outlawed and where should the line be drawn? Performance-enhancing drugs From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Part of a...
  14. N

Overseeded fairways have big 30 yard dead circles

I am wondering if the managememt of my course know what they are doing? We overseeded fairways with rye about 4 weeks ago and they were looking pretty good. But today we are getting 30 yard dia brown dead grass areas. We have a history of trouble with the fairways and greens and never get the...
  15. N

Dropping Cable/Satellite TV

How many of you are dropping cable TV because of cost or because internet does good enough? The following article was on msn newspaper. http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/85284/cutting-the-cable-pay-tv-subscribers-turn-to-internet?page=all
  16. N

Woods, Mickelson, and Furyk in Ryder cup Foursome and Fourball

Some of the locals were talking about how highly rated the Three Veterns are ranked and according to their ranking that they should win over half to at least 3/4 of all the foursome and fourball matches they play in. Except they have records of putting more points on the European side of the...
  17. N

Has the PGA decided to suspend the rules of golf?

In the USGA GOLF RULES ILLUSTRATED 2012-2015 Page 7 "Lost ball, ....Players searching for a ball should signal the players in the group behind them to play through as soon as it becomes apparent that the ball will not easily be found. They should not search for five minutes before doing so...
  18. N

Total purse comparison between LPGA and JLPGA

Is the LPGA the richer tour or does the JLPGA have a larger total purse?
  19. N

Sound systems for people with nerve damage

I have what the doctors tell me is high frequency nerve damage. And i have learned that this is common in people over 55 years of and anyone exposed to loud noise. I cannot understand the dialog on TV programs and movies on two of my three TV's. But I can just barely understand the dialog on...
  20. N

Appearance fees vs Sponsorships

I guess there is a legal difference between a tournament sponsor paying Appearance Fees and Business paying a player to wear their logos and expecting them to attend an outing near a tournament. But morally what is the difference between the two when a business sponsors a player and as a result...
Back