Search results for query: *

1. Fourputt

Summer Thinking

Just been sitting here looking at some photos from some of my summer golf in the Colorado mountains. This will be my first season back in the States and my first opportunity to play golf regularly again. I just though I'd start a thread to post thoughts of summer and where and when we will be...
  2. Fourputt

If you don't wear a watch....

How do you make it to your tee time on time? Or get to work on time? Or get home when your wife says dinner will be ready? And to those for whom a watch is too much hassle, is it really easier to dig your phone out of your pocket and turn in on instead of just glancing at your wrist? Really?
  3. Fourputt

Euro Tour Statement on Simon Dyson

On Dyson tapping down a spike mark at the BMW Masters:
  4. Fourputt

Congratulations to Phil

A fantastic finish and a deserving winner. My congratulations to Phil Mickelson for a wonderful final round 66. Just when it looked like nobody wanted to win, Phil kicked in the afterburners to birdie 4 of the last 6 holes. Great job!! :clapp:
  5. Fourputt

Highest hole score?

With all of the talk about Kevin Na's difficulties in Texas, I was curious as what some THP'ers highest single hole scores might be. My highest ever on a par 4 hole was a 10, the highest on a par 5 was 12, and both came on consecutive holes (6th and 7th holes of my home course) in the same...
  6. Fourputt

Turn Indicators?

I pose it as a question because I have to wonder what they are for. When I took driver's ed (in 1962) we were taught that we should start signaling at least 1/2 block before our turn or lane change. That included before we moved into the turn lane, if there was one. The turn signal was to...
  7. Fourputt

Visual Shot Obstacles

What object or condition in your field of vision causes you the most difficulty in making a good swing/shot? I know that for many high handicappers, water in just about any shape or location gives them fits. But most golfers eventually get over that hump. Just wondering if that is still your...
  8. Fourputt

A good Rules quiz

Here is one of the better rules quizzes I've found. Realistic instead of obscure scenarios. How did you score? St. Andrews Open Quiz Shhhhh...
  9. Fourputt

Rules of Golf App

For those who might be more inclined to play by the rules if they were easily available, the USGA has launched a Rules of Golf app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Read about it on the USGA site. :D
  10. Fourputt

A little humour?

It is near the Christmas break of the school year. The students have turned in all their work and there is really nothing more to do. All the children are restless and the teacher decides to have an early dismissal. Teacher: "Whoever answers the questions I ask, first and correctly can leave...
  11. Fourputt

Gear Patrol Penta review... They like THP too

Link to the Gear Patrol Blog: Gear Patrol Penta TP review
  12. Fourputt

Where is "Here"???

Why do some members not put some sort of location in that field in their profile? Then they will post something like "The courses around here are too expensive."... or "The weather is getting cold here."... but they never say where "here" is. Why not just put your city and state in the...
  13. Fourputt

Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Beers

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 beers. A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty...
  14. Fourputt

Etiquette? How do you tend the Flagstick?

Just wondering. There was a post on another thread about whether men or women use better etiquette on the course, and this is sort of a pet peeve for me. I was taught the proper way to tend the flagstick in caddy training when I was 12, and even though it wasn't until many years later that I...
  15. Fourputt

New and Revised Decisions for 2010

See HERE for the list of decision changes and revisions for next year. See HERE for the discussion and thinking behind a new decision 20-2a/8. It's a short read and gives some good info into how the USGA and the R&A go about the process. HERE is also a further clarification on the use of...
  16. Fourputt

The season is really over

Here is where my wife and I spent the day 2 weeks ago today (Oct 16): Note all the crowds on the beach... this is the most people we have ever seen there. I know that others come here because we have seen footprints, but that's all. This is 15 miles from where we are building our beach...
  17. Fourputt

Comeback kid?

Reading about how some players struggle to recover their composure after a bad hole or series of holes, I just wondered what your best comeback was? I've had a couple. The most memorable was last year. I started with a double bogey on the first hole, par on the second, then a quad bogey 8 (2...
  18. Fourputt

Dilemma - Good???... Bad???

Here's the story. Last January I bought a new set of Titleist AP-2 irons. I'd been using my King Cobras for more than 6 years and they were getting tired and I was tired of them. As it turned out, my swing wasn't up to the new sticks, so I had to return to the old Cobras. I was still using...
  19. Fourputt

Do you compete?

A comment in another thread got me thinking. How many of us just play golf casually and how many play in competitions? Not just high level tournaments but more than just corporate scrambles. Things like club competitions, local city and regional tournaments, charity or pro-am tournaments...
  20. Fourputt

New here... been around

I've been told to check in, so here I am. I've been a regular on several other golf forums, so many of you will recognize the name. Diane told me to drop in, so here I am. :cool:
Back