Search results for query: *

1. G

Pro Shop shirt bet

At the Grandaddy I learned about standard a bet that some of the Callaway guys have with each other playing new courses: Loser buys the winner a shirt in the pro shop. It's genius. The opportunity for messing with your buddies while wearing the shirt after the fact are endless. Watching...
  2. G

Pops and par 3's

After a few comments golfing yesterday, I thought this topic was worth revisiting. My tee game wasn't good. Started off dumpster fire for a few holes, went 4w the rest of the day and was in play and OK. But my iron game was ok, and I hit all the par 3's. I'm a 19, hitting first, missed the...
  3. G

Goalie's Goals for the Grandaddy

I am a 52 year old guy from Minnesota that is happily married (25 years just before the Grandaddy) with one 14 year old son. It's been a few weeks since I found out I'm going to Carlsbad this coming December, and it's been a whirlwind since finding out. My wife watched the third episode of...
  4. G

WTB Jason putter cover

Someone on the GD team showed me this. I need one for the obvious reasons, but the one on eBay is torn up. Anyone have one they'd be willing to sell/trade?
  5. G

Putters that pick up the ball

Why did nobody tell me about this?!?!?!??? I was messing around with a Ray Cook putter that has the "fangs" to see if I like that style at setup, and noticed I can just scoop up the ball with the back of the putter. I've been two-ball, mallet or blade for a long time, so I'm probably just...
  6. G

Thoughts on slow play

So, second time playing with six clubs for an early 9 today Second time shooting 45 with the six clubs. Second time being first off with nobody in front of behind us. The guy I was golfing with made a comment on 9, after a great chip and tap in par for me: "you play better when we can just...
  7. G

UST Mamiya DHI Series Graphite Wood Shaft

Anyone throw one of these on a driver? I tried it on a league buddies 4w and liked it, and am tempted to get a driver shaft to play with, as I have an extra adapter in my shop. I've historically gotten along well with the Mamiya shafts, and it would be about $40 shipped with prep done from...
  8. G

Spider divot repair tool

A guy from league showed me this. You push into the divot, twist a tiny bit as you pull up, and BOOM, perfect repair. Spider Divot Repair Tool Anyhow, I think it does a better job than "traditional" repair tools, and that's assuming you're one of the golfers that actually knows how to...
  9. G

Maltby KE4 MAX irons

So, I decided to try some irons actually made to the specs I was given through fitting: 1.5 degree upright (from these irons stock lie) and 1/2" long. I went with the KE4 MAX after reading about them and seeing that they didn't look like shovels on a stick at address. I also wanted to try the...
  10. G

Minimalist golf this weekend

I was inspired by a THP husband/wife battle, and will be bringing the Sunday bag this weekend. I'll carry a 21 degree utility wood, a 6-hybrid, an 8i, a PW and a putter. If I shoot as well or better than usual I'll probably cry.
  11. G

VR golf handle for oculus quest 2?

What are you guys using? I'm tempted to cut an old shaft and make one in the shop, but am interested what others are using???
  12. G

Cheating in league

So, last night the guys we were playing miraculously found a few balls that obviously flew OB by 20-30 yards, so we started watching them closely. We then saw two times where we saw them drop a ball, then said they found their ball (again 🙄). It got me thinking about what others on here do in...
  13. G

Datrek Lite Rider Pro bag/Top Lok review

I'm starting this to get an in depth review of not only the bag, but the Top Lok attachment system. It will be used almost exclusively on a BagBoy Nitron with occasional riding use. The bag: I was going to go lime green and grey, but it wasn't available when I ordered. The cart and bag seem...
  14. G

What color bag?

I need some Top Lok in my life. The Quad (pre top lock) is going to the lake place, and a matching colored Nitron will be carrying the bag. So, it begs the question:. What color scheme do I need? Currently I'm using a black Sun Mountain Sync.
  15. G

Top lok

Anyone using it? I'm looking at a bag/cart combo that has it, and the thought of strapless and no twisting has me intrigued. Is it really as good as it appears?
  16. G

Drive for show, putt for dough

Once again, I went to league, left driver in the car, hit everything off the tee in play with 4w, and scored WAAAAAY better than two weeks ago hitting driver. 8/12 points. That saying only applies to golfers good enough to get off the tee without penalties. For me, 220 and straight beats...
  17. G

Trees

Are you one of those "lucky bounce" people. We have a guy in league that hits tons of trees and ends up in awesome spots. Not talking 60/40 here, more like 90/10 that he ends up just fine when he hits a tree. I thought it was just when he played me, but apparently it's "his thing."
  18. G

"Average" swing speed golfers and shafts

So, I've been looking back and at my bag and have come to realize that with my 90-92mph driver swing speed and medium tempo, the OEM offerings in R flex have often been better than anything else I've tried. Tour Edge nailed it for me with the UST Mamiya iron shafts in my HL4 irons (7-AW) and...
  19. G

Back Pain

It's been one of those days. Tons of veterans calling with back issues (I'm a triage nurse for the VA) and wanting advice, help, or magic. Well, I'm well versed in chronic back pain. I crushed my T5 with a 54 foot drop on Devil's Tower in 1994. I've tried it all, and managed to play hockey...
  20. G

Ever realize it's time to stop with the great swapping and start practicing??

Every. Dang. Spring. I come back here and start reading about all the shiney new clubs I need, when what I really need is to practice. So, I'm done ordering for a while. Really. I just hope the two I did order come soon!!!!!
Back