Search results for query: *

1. Luchnia

Do you really know your golf swing?

I play with a lot of golfers in several leagues and I hear the phrase often when someone makes a bad ball strike, "What was that? What am I doing? I have no clue what I just did." I totally get that sometimes, but I know my swing and the majority of the time I know exactly what happened when I...
  2. Luchnia

An unusual experience with a Cobra Forged CB 7 iron.

So I went down to a pro shop the other day sort of messing around looking at all the clubs and so on. I know the owner pretty well and there is a driving range right at his shop and he has a crap load of demo clubs you can try out. I hit a few drivers for fun and nothing out shined my current...
  3. Luchnia

Can lessons destroy your game?

I play with a high handicapper that has struggled some this year with his game. He played better the entire two years prior. I give him some guidance when we play and his game is always better, but I did not play with him as much as I was playing a lot of senior tournament golf this year. The...
  4. Luchnia

As the year end comes closer will you play less or more?

For some the the golf season will be drawing down very soon. There are probably a number of factors that dictate whether you play or not, one being the weather. I am not the cold weather guy I used to be, so I don't play as much when the temps drop. The three leagues I am in only have a short...
  5. Luchnia

Driver from the fairway all the time - strangest thing to watch.

I was playing a VSGA four-ball tourney the other week and saw something I thought was strange. A guy that played a driver from the tee box and the fairways and never picked up an iron on the fairways once during the round. He did not use a tee off the tee box that I noticed either. Even when the...
  6. Luchnia

Monster Mat redemption?

Some of you are familiar with the issues I have had with a Monster Mat and others have reported issues as well. I purchased my mat quite a long time back throwing gobs of green stuff off of it and the poor communications I had from the company. I had composed an email and finally told them not...
  7. Luchnia

Is practice really worth it?

So I have been told and believe that practice and hard work is required to play what I consider decent golf, but here is the kicker! I had a match coming up and so I put in practice sessions during the week before the match and it was not brutal burnout practice but simply purpose driven...
  8. Luchnia

WTB Anyone have a 7 iron players blade club head or complete club with solid graphite shaft?

I want to mess around a little with a blade and looking for a nice decent brand club head 7 iron (could do a 6 or other) or possibly the whole club if a strong graphite shaft. Don't really care about the grip.
  9. Luchnia

Minimizing the not-so-good rounds - there is no good answer to it.

I was trying to find out some stats on the difference in strokes on the better golfer's bad rounds to their good rounds to an average "hacker" player, but in my search I did not find any good analysis. I found this and got me to thinking about my game. "Golfers who card 90 lose an average of...
  10. Luchnia

Lowering the loft on my driver and was surprised by the outcome?

A large amount of instructors say for the average golf hacker to have a driver loft of around 10 or higher - even as much as 12. I have heard it many times preached on the course too. I have been having quite a bit of trouble with too low a launch on my driver causing a loss of distance I always...
  11. Luchnia

What causes "whacking" at the ball?

I have a somewhat decent swing for an old codger and especially with my irons, but here is what is baroque to me sometimes that I often cannot find the answer when it happens. I call it "whacking" at the ball, much like swatting flies with a flyswatter. It appears to be a mental takeover where...
  12. Luchnia

Getting a club setup correct for your game.

Thought I would share this as it is a good example of how important it is that a club fits your game in hopes that this information helps others along their golf journey. I purchased a club from a fellow THPer this week and when it came in I looked it over and it looked like exactly what I...
  13. Luchnia

My love/hate relationship with my driver.

This is a long post so bear with me. I want to give as much detail as possible as I think some will share in this driver dilemma. I play a good bit of golf - probably 3-4 times a week and I am in three area tourneys. I have a fairly strong iron and wood game with my driver being the most...
  14. Luchnia

What clubs play between GI and Pro irons?

Been looking and different irons for the fun of it and was wondering what irons are best between Pro and GI irons? Would that be player irons or what? I am somewhat ignorant about the progression through irons. I do understand when you get toward the pro end of the spectrum the irons become less...
  15. Luchnia

How to force the follow through with the wedge?

No doubt we have a lot of threads about the wedge game. I have up and down days with my wedges and it doesn't matter if it is a set wedge or a non-set wedge. For some reason I start to "whack" at the ball instead of a smooth swing and follow through. Some days I have no issues and other days you...
  16. Luchnia

Do you focus on the ball, area in front of the ball, or the target area on the course where you intend to deliver the ball?

I have a couple golfing buddies that seem to always focus on the ball or a bit in front of the ball when they swing. Sometimes I find myself doing this as well, but when I have my focus on the target area (even though I am looking at the ball) of the course my game is night and day better. I...
  17. Luchnia

Different handicaps?

This is a bit lengthy post, but I was curious if any of you deal with a lot of different caps because of what leagues and courses you are involved with. Of course our caps change throughout the year, but I think they are hard to manage depending on the tool you use and why do we need so dang...
  18. Luchnia

WTB WTB - higher bounce 56 degree wedge head only.

Looking for a higher 12-14 bounce 56 degree wedge head only. I would like to try a 14 if someone has one. Prefer a straighter bottom that is not so rounded. Not looking for any of the junky worn out stuff that should be tossed, but something that is decent quality brand and reasonable price. I...
  19. Luchnia

Teeing up and ball position changes with woods.

I was messing around yesterday with my woods on the Sim comparing data and as is often the case I can hit my 5 or 7 wood as far as my 3 wood. My 5 wood most of the time is quite a bit further than my 3 wood and it is all because of the angle of launch. I am as much as 2-3 points lower launch...
  20. Luchnia

A weird thing happened with my swing Friday after listening to a fellow golfer.

I have my good days and bad days off the tee box. I am a fairly decent hitter for my age, but there are those days that topped balls seem to haunt me off the tee to no end because of a hang back or bad follow through. Out of 18 holes I may top 5 of them and dribble the ball down 50-100 yards and...
Back