Search results for query: *

1. long&straight

Travel Bag Rental?

Anyone know where to rent a travel bag. I do not travel to play golf that much but I will be heading to Santa Barbara for a business trip. Rental clubs are $50 at the course I will be playing or I can check them on for free on frontier. Figured I could rent a bag for cheaper than $50...
  2. long&straight

Visiting Santa Barbra

I will be on business visiting Santa Barbara in October. I will not have a car but will be willing to pay for a cab to pick me up and drive me to a course. Since this is a multiple stop business trip I will not be bringing my clubs. So I would have to rent at the course and just play a casual...
  3. long&straight

White or black socks

Just bought a pair of black Adidas shoes. Can I wear white socks or is black socks a must when wearing black shorts?
  4. long&straight

Golfsmith Online Experience

I purchased a set of clubs from the market place from here on THP on June 8th. That same day I went on golfsmith.com to order the specific shafts I needed. So I ordered Dynamic Gold X100 37,37,37.5,38,38.5,39,39.5,40. All of them shipped that day except the 37.5, on my order expected delivery...
  5. long&straight

Counting

Anyone else add up their score in a different way rather than counting? Not sure where I learned this but this is my little trick. If you shoot all 5's playing 9 you will shoot a 45. So I just add/subtract my numbers over/under 5 and then subtract or add from 45. Pretty easy once you do it...
  6. long&straight

Martin Kaymer - is all of this fake?

yLVsAd4e-ho&feature
  7. long&straight

Golf Rules 101 - Significant Other

Always tell the wife that the round will take an hour longer than you think it will. This way when you come home a little earlier you will look like the good guy. New clubs? I have had these for years!! :D Any others?
  8. long&straight

FS: Taylor Made TP MB iron set & S300 iron shaft set

Up for grabs is a month old set of Taylor Made Tour Preferred MB's 4-PW. The shafts are True Temper S300 1 inch extended and the irons are bent up 3 degrees. Asking $500 shipped. Paypal only please and ship in US only. Also up for grabs is a iron shaft set of True Temper S300 shafts with...
  9. long&straight

FS: Taylor Made TP MB iron set & S300 iron shaft set

Up for grabs is a one month used set of Taylor Made MB's 1 inch longer and 3 degrees bent up. S300 shafts with Decade Multicompound Grips red/black 4-P. $500 shiped Also up for grabs is a set of S300 iron shafts and grips - regular length with Golf Pride VDR grips - I have never used these...
  10. long&straight

14 club rule

Since 95% of us are playing just for fun, does anyone here throw an extra couple of clubs in the bag to go over the 14 club rule? Or is this just as bad as dropping a ball by a hazard and saying that you found the ball playable? I actually leave 2 clubs in the car just so I do not break this...
  11. long&straight

Anything to change in the swing?

Sorry for the repost Here are pictures from my GolfTEC session. Would you have me work on anything in particular? Being 6'6" I arch my back too much but this is due to not bending my knees My hands were not getting back far enough I was not getting enough hip turn so he gave me this...
  12. long&straight

WTB - TaylorMade R11 3 wood extra stiff

If anyone has one for sale let me know asap. Looking to buy immediately. TaylorMade R11 3 wood extra stiff
  13. long&straight

My GolfTEC Experience

I was able to set up a session with a local GolfTEC. I was really impressed with everything that I learned in one hour. I am definitely considering buying 12 golf lessons. Being 6'6" I arch my back too much but this is due to not bending my knees My hands were not getting back far enough...
  14. long&straight

X100 - S300 shaft

I just got back from a fitting at GolfTEC. He had me swing a regular 6 iron and it came out to 96 mph. I recently bought a set of TaylorMade TP MB and they put the S300 shaft on it. He recommended I put the X100 on it. Will I notice a difference in ball flight between the two?
  15. long&straight

Best stand bag

Are there any stand bags out there with all individual club compartments? My clubs all have xl grips on them and when trying to take them out of the bag they get all caught up. I was a caddie at one time so all my clubs are in order not just thrown in the bag.
  16. long&straight

The importance of driving

I got out for a round of golf at Brown Deer CC (site of the old US Bank Championship) this morning before work and could not hit one straight drive. I was hitting out from under trees on every hole that I used the driver on. Could never get into a rhythm. Par 3's I was hitting them pin high...
  17. long&straight

Hitting off mat

Unfortunately with all the rain these days I am limited to going to the range each day and hitting off mats. I usually hit anywhere from 100-200 balls per range session. Couple of questions: Will hitting irons off the mat hurt my golf swing since i am use to taking a divot off the grass? To...
Back