Search results for query: *

1. NEhomer

My Putting is Insane Right Now!

...I stress the right now part but man, for the past few weeks I've been rolling in everything. My partner and league opponents have been like, dude, wtf?! I'm rolling in 12 footers and mopping up every short one. My long lags have been curling to tap-in distance. I missed one 4 footer last...
  2. NEhomer

Looking For Help With League Scoring Rules

I've just rejoined my club's mens league this year and I'm not exactly sure how the scoring works. Perhaps someone plays by these rules and can explain how they work. The ‘B’ & ‘C’ Divisions will be playing Match Play for 1 point per hole, low score with full 9-hole handicap, playing off the...
  3. NEhomer

How Tight Is Your Glove?

I don't believe that your golve can be too tight unless you can't get it on your hand. Met a new aquaintence for a few holes a couple of weeks ago. He had forgotten a glove so he asked me for one. When I asked him what size he takes, he replied, large. I only had my mediums and gave him one...
  4. NEhomer

I Thought I Might Have Gone Too Far With My Latest Cart Mod

...but actually, my new heater attachment was a blessing yesterday. So yes, I'm a geek with my inventions but I knew that yesterday me and my buds would be the only ones at the club in mid 40 degrees. Therefore, I would only stand to be ridiculed by two other people. Surprisingly, they know me...
  5. NEhomer

How Often Do You Replay Shots?

I almost never do but some new buds I've been playing with had told me about this cat they call do-over because he does it regularly. I got to play with him for the first time yesterday and sure enough, he was replaying shots. It caused me to walk while he was putting once because I forgot he...
  6. NEhomer

How Much Would You Pay for Your Cell Phone?

Pretty straight forward question, yet, there are so many factors for people. Though I'm not all that phone obsessed, a constant connection to all of the people I know, information about any topic that might arise, GPS map to tell me where I'm going, a camera to film and photograph what's around...
  7. NEhomer

Experiences With Your Spouse Taking Up The Game

I'm 60 and have played for 35 years. My wife is 53 and has basically been meh about playing golf. She's tried to hit balls from time to time over the years and I got her a decent Driver a couple of years back. She's very petite and doesn't hit the ball very far but has mildly enjoyed the range...
  8. NEhomer

To Retrieve Or Not To Retrieve...

Nope, didn't get into an argument with anyone but I also don't want to. Just curious where folks are on those poll scenarios. For years I carried and then for more years I pushed a cart but now I have a Zip Navigator and since extra weight is of no issue, I bought a 17' retriever. Subbed for a...
  9. NEhomer

Dodged a Bullet Yesterday!

Cripes, I had a ladder accident. I'm usually so careful but I was placing some graphics high up the wall of my classroom and had to use an extension ladder. It had rubber feet and the floor was tiled. I applied the first graphic about 11ft high and then for the other to fit, I pulled the bottom...
  10. NEhomer

So who's wrong? Scramble format with a mulligan?

Played in a foursome on Friday. We played scramble/captains choice - match play scoring. We allowed for one mulligan, per player, on each 9, and you can't carry over mulligans into back 9. It's use it or lose it on the front 9. No money involved, fun round. One guy used his on a very badly...
  11. NEhomer

What's Better Than? ....Golf Related

Your opponent's ball curling to a stop on the green 3 inches directly behind yours~
  12. NEhomer

I Cannot Find This One Simple Feature on a Bag

My Nike cart bag has faithfully gotten me through the past 4 years but alas, I have a new Zip Navigator and the old bag's got some tatters and faded parts so I'm looking for a new cart bag, the bigger the better. I've been searching all brands and all stores, ebay, Amazon, Dick's. I cant find...
  13. NEhomer

Some Like It Hot - What's Your Favorite Temp To Play?

I definitey fade in the heat. I'll take 78 degrees all year. I know a fellow who loves it really hot and I don't know how he stands it. How about you?
  14. NEhomer

Thread Locking....My Apology

If I got the Covid Vaccine thread closed, I apologize to the community. There was a great deal of useful knowledge in there. I took exception to a post in there this morning. I was not uncivil as I try to never be so but then JB locked it. All I could find about forum posting rules was this: We...
  15. NEhomer

High Tech 1953 Style

Came across this cool ad someone's selling on ebay. Imagine the discussion they'd have had about it if they had message boards back in '53! This puppy measures your drive and distance to the pin if you set it at the tee. I'm wondering how all-the-same things still are in golf and I'm guessing...
  16. NEhomer

Has Your Club Waived Initiation Fees?

I joined a nice local club three years ago. One of the deciding factors as that they had waived the initiation fee so that made it much more affordable. I love the club, however, the front 9 is very steep and hilly and it's become a bit of a challenge to walk the course. I got hip replacement...
  17. NEhomer

Our Head Golf Professional Was Killed Yesterday Afternoon on the Course

Wow, just getting this shocking news this morning. He was knocked from his golf cart by a falling tree while a brief but severe storm was ripping through the course yesterday afternoon. Don't know whether he was coming in from playing or trying to clear the course of players but wow. He was a...
  18. NEhomer

My Idea For a Fun Tournament

It's the TEE IT UP! Tournament. Peg the ball anywhere through the green. Bomb a drive and then put it on a peg and hammer your driver again. Tee it in the rough, the sand trap, anywhere on the golf course. I know it's not real golf but neither is a scramble. Anyway, I think it would be a hoot...
  19. NEhomer

I Believe That This Is a True Statement, Do You?

I was meeting a dad and his son yesterday at the range. The kid wants to take up golf and I said the following. One of two things will happen along this journey. You will leave the golf course at some point in absolute tears of frustration or you will never be very good at golf.
  20. NEhomer

Looking for advice on junior clubs

I did a search and couldn't find what I'm trying to figure out. I met a colleague at the range yesterday who's son is interested in taking up the game. I met them there with an adult set I put together for them. I knew he was a teen but he's only 12 so that puts him in an area in between little...
Back