Search results for query: *

1. ATRannals

CONTEST CaddyDaddy Claw Glove Give Away

Let’s give it a shot! I‘be been pretty happy with my Kirkland gloves, as I feel they’re pretty soft and have a good thin feel. Been wanting to try the Claw, but just didn't get around to ordering before winter set in. Cheers, Alan
  2. ATRannals

The keys are in the ignition, you can only take one. Which one do you take?

An extremely difficult choice, as I would cherish each one for its unique coolness. But, I’m a kid of the 80’s and the geek in me would just love cruising in the Ecto 1. It would be the ultimate party mobile and tailgating adventure. Alan
  3. ATRannals

Looking For Testers: Edel SMS Wedges

1. What wedges are you using right now? RTX zipcore 54 and 58 both mid-bounce 2. Watch the video below and tell us your favorite feature of the Edel SMS wedges. Definitely the ability to tune the swing weight and fine tune the performance 3. What is your favorite loft in wedges? I find the...
  4. ATRannals

Listen to one artist the rest of your life? Who would it be?

This would definitely be a huge decision between The Beatles and Led Zeppelin for me. So many bands that I would miss, but Beatles and Zep both have large, diverse catalogs that would at least allow a diversity of options. Other top choices would be Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Van Halen...
  5. ATRannals

Slacks or shorts?

Shorts all the way. If the women can wear shorts or skirts, it’s only reasonable to allow the men. I’m hoping someone will start pushing the issue in offices. If you’re truly for gender equity, it’s gotta work both ways! Alan
  6. ATRannals

Vader's road to the Grandaddy

Best of luck. Lots of us will be following along on the journey. I’m right up the road from you in Montgomery County, so represent the Terps for the forum! 😃
  7. ATRannals

What is the most your handicap has dropped after posting a round?

Does the drop from infinity to my first official handicap of 21.7 count? 🙄 Alan
  8. ATRannals

CONTEST Win a Trip to Hammock Beach for the Data Experience Sponsored by Shot Scope

1. Do you use data tracking in your golf? I have just started using the shot tracker feature of Grint, but find it’s cumbersome and takes my focus away from the game. 2. Do you use a laser rangefinder? No. I usually just use the GPS on Grint. 3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member...
  9. ATRannals

CONTEST Win A PING G425 Hybrid

I do not currently play any hybrids. I would love to give them a try and see if I could get better consistency than my current fairway woods.
  10. ATRannals

Help me with a new Driver Decision

Like you, I’m returning to the game after a long layof. I’ve been very happy with my B21. Driver is still my most erratic club, but the B21 has really done wonders for my confidence. Alan
  11. ATRannals

Tour Event 2021 the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide

Pissing off both sides of the COVID spectrum is an impressive feat. Congrats PGA. 🙄
  12. ATRannals

What did you shoot today?

I shot a 90 today! Granted, it was a short par 69 course, but I’m still pretty ecstatic about it. I feel like I’m continuing to get better each time I go out and play. Hopefully with continued play, more range practice, and a few more lessons, my goal of a sub-18 handicap might be in sight...
  13. ATRannals

Monterey, CA - high handicapper course suggestion???

Double Bonus! I had a fantastic time on Monterey Pines and played well. I shot a 90, but it’s a par 69 and fairly short. Regardless, it’s my best round ever. I had 5 pars and a birdie. That’s two consecutive rounds with multiple pars and a birdie. So, feeling good about myself and my game...
  14. ATRannals

When Is Your Tee Time?

Got on Monterey Pines as a single tomorrow morning at 0800. Out on the west coast for business and brought my clubs for the weekend. I just had my all time low round of 97 last week, so I’m hoping to continue my progress and didn’t want to take two weeks off from the clubs. 😃 Alan
  15. ATRannals

The Grint

Well, this is a disappointing thread to stumble upon. I’ve been using the Grint for recording my scores and establishing an official handicap. I’ve wanted to dive deeper into the shot tracking and start gaining more insight into my game. From the looks of this thread, Grint might not be the...
  16. ATRannals

Success! I have a tee time tomorrow morning at Monterey Pines. With the veteran rate, it was extremely reasonable. Course description sounds like it will be perfect for me and I’m looking forward to it. Alan
  17. ATRannals

Thanks for the recommendations. Looks like Pacific Grove or Monterey Pines will be on the agenda for tomorrow. Hopefully I can get on as a single. 👍🏻
  18. ATRannals

I’ll be in Monterey over the weekend on business, but might be able to get a round in. I’m recently back in the game and shoot between high 90’s and 115ish depending on my game that day. 🙄 I’m certainly not ready for one of the amazing courses there, and don’t want to spend a small fortune on a...
Back