Search results for query: *

1. S

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Got these other day, used PRGR set. Don't know anyone using it but price was right.
  2. S

The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

Here's the funny thing about this club. It's my first such experience with a fw/hybrid hybrid. So this is all new to me. What I found was off the deck I would swing this club like a hybrid - more of an iron swing. Off the tee, I tried both but I get better results if I swing it like a fw/driver...
  3. S

Club that underwhelmed you?

Pretty much any Taylor Made driver from last few years...SIM/SIM2, SIM MAX. I really wanted to like them too having heard good things all around. Loved the original M2. That was the only TM driver I could get along with. Something about them makes them feel too light for me.
  4. S

Can you differentiate a good club, versus a good for YOU club?

Haven't really come across something that would make me say that's a horrible club - its just not my fit. When something isn't a good fit for me its usually because of the shaft. I can normally get along with most anything as long as it has the right shaft for me. The exception to that would...
  5. S

The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

Bought this club blind which I don't usually do but blame golftown here in Canada for not carrying it in stores. Used this out on the range a couple sessions and played 18 with. All I can say is the hype is true. I'm 55yrs old, can't swing a fairway wood off the deck to save my life. Even a 5w...
  6. S

CONTEST Goal #1 Unlocked: The Cobra Speedzone Driver

Absolutely especially when a buddy wants to try it. Days of saying ' you mark it you buy it' are long gone :cool:. Altho come to think of it that quote is usually spoken to me rather than coming from me. :p Personally I think all drivers should come with a wrapped face.
  7. S

nice gesture @tequila4kapp (y)
  8. S

Who do you predict will have a breakout year next year?

My pick would be Viktor Hovland and Cameron Smith. Feels like either or both could break out big at anytime.
  9. S

Srixon ZX Utility Iron Review

Of all the new clubs on the market right now this is the one I want to test the most. The ZX utility.
  10. S

The XR16 was my previous driver and I think you're gonna like the SZ. I loved my XR16 but the SZ was noticeably faster. Best of luck!
  11. S

Thanks @Canadan and THP for this opportunity! This won't be for me but for my regular golfing buddy. He's been jealous of my SZ since I got it and loves hitting mine over his regular M4 driver which he tends to hook quite a bit. Drives him insane! So much so he hardly even puts the driver in...
  12. S

CONTEST Drive to 7 Million - The Flat Stick Contest

Like the fact that is a wide blade. From my experience they seem to give me better confidence over the ball than a regular blade. And love the look of the face. Rest would depend on feel which atm I don't have input on as I have yet to see one in person.
  13. S

CONTEST Drive to 7 Million - The Flat Stick Contest

I'm a sucker for a sexy blade putter and this fits right in there!
  14. S

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

ugh I hear a set of ZX5's calling my name. damn you!
  15. S

Do You Use Your 3-Wood?

Use it quite often on par 4 tee shots unless its a shorter dogleg in which case I'll use my utility.. And recently as my swing improves have been using it off the deck on long par 5's. Before I would struggle on the long par 5's but having the 3w shot in the bag opens up the hole. It will have...
  16. S

The Utility Iron vs the Game Improvement Iron

UT for me. Instead of a hybrid replacement I view them as a long iron replacement. Playing 4-6 UT and a 3 hybrid. In the past I've had consistency issues with my longer irons - they were fine off the tee but that success didn't usually translate off the tee. I didn't like the inconsistent ball...
  17. S

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Some kind random UPS guy decided to drop these off at my doorstep today. And he left a bonus as well.
  18. S

Mizuno JPX 921 Irons Review

Basing that on early reviews. There are a number now out and its very early like I said but indications are they spin lower than the predecessor. From smattering of reviews its about 70-200rpm less for 3-5yds gain (7i). Again these are early reviews, and will need more conclusive data. Still it...
Back