Search results for query: *

1. stroh

Hole in One on a Par 3

Why would you need witnesses?
  2. stroh

3w And Hybrid Gapping

I think he means only use 3 wood off the tee as in not using it as a fairway wood through the green like hitting into a par 5. Still carry a driver.
  3. stroh

how often do you have "off" days?...

Unfortunately more often than I have ON ones.
  4. stroh

How Long Should it Take to Tee Off?

Unless you are playing a game like wolf or something else that requires some thought and conversation that amount of time is ridiculous. I step up, tee it, no practice swing and boom. 15 seconds maybe.
  5. stroh

The best shot of the round

Par 5 second at Silver Rock. I smoked the drive. Hit what I thought was a really good looking hybrid to the green but never saw it finish. As we are driving up I see it on the green. It looked really close. You know when that happens, the closer you get you realize it really isn't that...
  6. stroh

Hole in One on a Par 3

Oh Man. I really gotta hand it Coca-Cola! First Santa Claus then New Coke and now this. The entire notion having to have an ace/hole-in-one/1 on a par 3 be "witnessed" to be valid is nothing more than a brilliant marketing campaign to sell more Coke to greens keepers. The score of 1 need...
  7. stroh

Trying to follow the rules but what would you do here?

Thank you. I do appreciate your points. I just get really tired of making sixes.
  8. stroh

Do you have "relaxed" rules for normal golf?

I play by the rules but as stated above nothing I do impedes pace of play. I can make 6 at the same speed as the guy I'm playing with making 3. The only rule I purposely break is not holing out after missing my third putt.
  9. stroh

I had no idea this changed in 2016. That's what I get for being off of golf forums for 10 years. ?
  10. stroh

I do not disagree with one single letter of your statement. That does not the change the fact that I consider this rule BAD. Which was my response to your initial question. Bad Rules? Like what? I never asked for a playing field without boundaries. I simply take issue with how those...
  11. stroh

The object of the game is to post the lowest score possible. That would be the only option to that end. Proceeding under the rules of 27-1 as opposed to your scenario makes that exceedingly difficult, if not impossible.
  12. stroh

Really quickly: I see this all the time and have it on one of the courses I play regularly. I agree with PNF. Saftey first. People and property. However, it should not be ruled under 27-1.
  13. stroh

And again, I reply: Yes. I'm not arguing the roads. I'm arguing the fact that someone proclaims them as a boundary.
  14. stroh

Not far. Purely. Defined by a road.....etc. Because someone proclaims it. e.g. your interstate scenario. An yes, I understand the centerfield fence at Coor's Field differs from the one at Fenway Park. 90 feet, 10 feet floor to rim, again you get the idea. And it is the idea(prinicple)...
  15. stroh

Correct. And yes. I'll explain why later. Excellent transition. It brings me to : #2 O.B. is arbitrary and most often, of course not always, someones opinion. As opposed to: Baseball field, Football field, Tennis court, Basketball court........You get the idea.
  16. stroh

I don't have much time today(Have lots of running around to do, even hoping to hit a few balls ?⛳) So I'll just get it started: #1 What appears contradictory to me. I'll start with a question. What is generally considered the number one, utmost, supreme tenet in the game of golf? So much...
Back