Search results for query: *

1. checkered

Tight window off the tee/blind drive

Around here, some of the courses have some interesting tee box placements to get the further back tees back a bit. Last weekend I played a course I hadn't played in over 4 years, and never from the blue tees. I get to the 11th hole and this is my view off the tee: Where the person standing...
  2. checkered

Practicing with heavier shafts but playing lighter

This has probably been discussed before but I'm going to ask anyway...Been pondering this with how my irons have been the last couple of rounds. I've been practicing a lot with heavier shafts, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 130's, but the clubs I play regularly right now have the UST Recoil Dart 105s...
  3. checkered

Checkered's Journey to the Morgan Cup and Better Golf

I've been unsure when to start a thread on this but figure I should get on it. I'm still incredibly shocked and honored to be a part of this year's Morgan Cup. This has been something I've wanted and hoped to be a part of for a long time. I appreciate the chance to be a part of such a special...
  4. checkered

WTB Putter Grip

Looking for a putter grip, not real particular which kind, just hoped maybe someone had something sitting around they aren't going to use they'd part with on the cheap before I look at buying retail. Thought I had a spare, and after pulling my current grip on my SeeMore realized I didn't have...
  5. checkered

For Sale FS - Voice Caddy T9 GPS watch

Voice Caddy T9 watch, used less than a dozen times. Asking $250 shipped CONUS for Albatross Club, non-albatross club pay actual shipping costs. Any questions, please ask. Thank you.
  6. checkered

RIP Terry Hall -The Specials

Just saw Terry Hall, lead singer of The Specials passed away at just 63. This hits me hard. Huge fan of The Specials... May he rest in peace. Enjoy yourself...it's later than you think.
  7. checkered

What should I ask an instructor before starting lessons?

I know this has been asked before, but I believe it's been a while now... I'm going to start taking a few lessons to try to get my game in better shape. I'm struggling in deciding who to go with for a number of reasons. I have narrowed it down and am wondering, what questions should I ask up...
  8. checkered

Checkered Does Tucson

As many of you know, in a couple of short weeks here, I'll be heading to Arizona to tee it up with the AZTHP crew for their League Championship. I figured I should get a post going to share a little of my last bit of prep and the journey to AZ. I want to first give a huge shout to the entire...
  9. checkered

cleaning up/refinishing old putter

Through random chance, I ended up with my grandfather on my mom's side's old clubs. It is an interesting set, Wilson Aggressor 1/3 woods, Taylormade Iron Cleek 1-PW, and and Acushnet putter. I was thinking it might be cool to clean up or refinish the putter, but I'm not sure if it's possible...
  10. checkered

11 years of THP Awesomeness.

It dawned on me that May 1st was 11 years on THP for me. Thank you @JB and @GolferGal for this incredible site and community. I am lucky to have met so many good people through here and played golf at some really cool places thanks to this forum. I am not always the most talkative, but i love...
  11. checkered

Practice without facilities?

I find myself in the situation that I don't have a golf course with a range/practice area convenient to where I live or work. Does anyone else have a situation like this and if so, do you make the trek to a facility that is out of the way, or do something else? Otherwise, are there things can...
  12. checkered

Best non-rock album of all time start to finish?

With JDax's rock thread I thought this might be interesting (and a way to build my playlist). Best non-rock album of all time start to finish? I'd start with: Michael Jackson - Thriller Bob Marley - Exodus Dr. Dre - The Chronic Eminem - The Slim Shady LP What say you?
  13. checkered

Checkered - WITB

Long overdue. Here's my current bag. Looking to upgrade the Scor wedges soonish, and probably should get that Cleveland 3W upgraded as well.
  14. checkered

Make A Wish - Bearded Villains SoCal fundraising

My brother is part of the Bearded Villains Southern California. For those that don't know, this is a group of bearded men that are "dedicated to the betterment of mankind through fraternity charity and kindness". They do a lot of great charity work, and particularly seeing what the group my...
  15. checkered

FS-Driver Shafts, LH Scor 51 Wedge, LH Putters, LH Mashies, LH Cobra ZL encore head

Selling some stuff to try to offset some costs I have over the next month with my best friend getting married. All prices are shipped CONUS. Willing to listen to reasonable offers or cut a deal for multiple items. Not interested in trades at this time. thanks for looking! first up a couple...
  16. checkered

Choosing your "Home" course

What matters most to you when choosing which course to be your "home" course? Doesn't have to be a course you are a membership at, just the one you consider home for your golf game. Do you just go with the closest to your home or work, or are there specific features of the course or amenities...
  17. checkered

Paired up with a Beginner/struggling golfer

Say you're paired up with someone that is clearly new to the game and struggling with their game. How do you handle the round? Do you try to avoid the subject when talking to them and let them struggle or try to give encouragement and/or tips? Do you try to play ahead to avoid the situation...
  18. checkered

#THPCallout - SkiBumGolfer - Let's do this!

Details: April 9th - Furry Creek Golf Course Gold Tees- Par 72 - 6025 yards Checkered gets 4 pops a side Tale of the Tape: SkiBum is a 14.1 (unless it's gone down since he told me last) Checkered a 22.1(ish) While have played many a round together we will be on a neutral course in a neutral...
  19. checkered

WTB - Child's driver RH

I am looking to replace a child's driver that was stolen from my front yard. RH child's driver, figure something that would fit a kid in the 5-9 year old range. I have no idea what price range to really expect, so let me know if you have one what you'd want. Thanks!
  20. checkered

Movember 2014

Well Movember ends tomorrow and I've let life get in the way of trying to get donations or posting about this. Just thought I'd post up how my mo turned out and ask if anyone else did this, this year? My Mo:
Back