Search results for query: *

1. G

Honma Cyber Week specials

I have played their golf balls in the past and like them. I tried to order several dozen. In placing them in my cart I was assessed an $85 shipping fee with no other modes of delivery. I deleted my order inasmuch as the shipping was ridiculous. Too bad they make a nice product . Sent from my...
  2. G

PXG treating me right with unreal professional and timely service

I had a similar experience. Fitted for my pxg irons at club champion by a great fitter (who unfortunately left club champion). Love the irons and was interested in the proto driver rescheduled with club champion and had a horrible experience. Was sold a shaft for my former driver and had...
  3. G

Who carries two of the same numbered clubs in their bag?

I have a 4 iron and an equivalent loft rescue for different lies etc. and use one vs the other based on how I am feeling and how I am striping it that day. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. G

Universal Club Adapters

I looked into this and was basically dissuaded by club connex and another company, because they both indicated the system was for fitting purposes but not general play. I am sure that they are worried a head may not be properly seated and could fly off. This risk is assumed by fitters like club...
  5. G

What irons should I make sure I check out in my fitting next week

I would look at PXG irons (priced well) currently, Mizuno’s, Ping and Srixon. Once you locate a shaft you ought to be able to go through a bunch of different heads to accomplish feel characteristics. Be a little brand agnostic and look at the numbers you get and the feel you like. If you go in...
  6. G

Finally Getting Fitted

Be sure you are stretched out and loose. You will be hitting a lot of shots 3-6 with your six iron and you will hit a bunch of different heads affixed to different shafts. Same with driver. Bring a couple of gloves too. They will chart on a monitor if indoor and probably a tracman outdoor to see...
  7. G

Carry bag or push cart?

Depends on the courses you play. I walk and typically take my push cart because I am familiar with the terrain. Hilly tracks and wet conditions I will carry. Push cart is easier on the body, allows you to carry more gear. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. G

Can I find more distance with new irons

I was fit this year at club champion and similar to you had suffered some injuries that caused some set backs on swing speed, etc. i had been playing pings with a stiff shaft and shared like numbers as you. I was impressed with the fitting. I have heard both sides of how club champion is...
  9. G

Impact bag

Do any of you use an impact bag? What drills do you use it for? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. G

PXG Gen 2 Irons at new, lower rate for their Hero's Program

PXG is currently running a deal through end of April. Very good prices and not just heroes pricing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. G

Review Looking for feedback/reviews

I have bagged these as my rescues for several years now. I had a prior version and cobra’s before that. I have a 23, 20, 17 configuration with Fubuki stiff shafts. The developer of these adjustable hosels had been a designer for Adams. I am 6’4 and need some upright adjustment so these worked...
  12. G

Favorite DTC Golf Ball Brand

I believe that Snell has the best direct to consumer ball. I play the MTB-X but will probably go to the black this year at some time. I have also tried the vice pro-plus which I found to be a good ball but cover is not as resilient as the snell. Remember most of these direct to consumers are...
  13. G

Callaway Customer service

I purchased clothing from them several times. Clubs not so much. They managed to delete my accumulated points in my account for no apparent reason. I found this out when I-ordered several shirts and pants from them and was to get a headcover due the amount of my purchase. I was advised that the...
  14. G

CONTEST Win a Trip with Ben Hogan and Club Champion

Will never forget my edge irons. 1st and best irons ever. Would love to regain those buttery feeling clubs. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. G

Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan or PA Golf

I know it is Ohio but I take a crew to Avalon Lakes in Warren, Ohio and it is fabulous. 4 courses, 2 across border in PA and 2 in Ohio. Great package stay and play about $500 a man for accommodations at the spa resort, breakfasts, complete run of the place including indoor/outdoor pools, roman...
  16. G

Golf suggestions in Sarasota

Heading to Sarasota with family for a week in April will have the clubs in tow and looking for suggestions for courses. Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. G

What golf stuff did you buy today?

C-130 is a great bag for cart and push cart. I use a small carry bag from Taylormade when I travel with a club glove cover. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. G

Callaway Chrome Soft replacement suggestions?

I really liked the chromesoft c but noticed inconsistencies ball to ball. The cut in half test sort of explains some of the issues. Srixon Q star is a harder feeling ball. Z star and z star X are a good ball and able to get 2019 models for about $25 a dozen if you search online. I bought some...
Back